Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I picked up my car on Saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DanT
Driver is the absolutely most crucial aspect. Set up is second and HP I feel is third.
I have seen many high powered, nicely set up cars with crappy drivers get beat my much more lowly equipment. wink.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 3 2006, 08:57 PM)
Driver is the absolutely most crucial aspect. Set up is second and HP I feel is third.
I have seen many high powered, nicely set up cars with crappy drivers get beat my much more lowly equipment. wink.gif

True, but in my case there is a good car with a crappy driver
beating better drivers in worse cars laugh.gif
Old guys are realistic, if nuthin' else biggrin.gif
DanT
I know where you are coming from JP wink.gif ohmy.gif

grantsfo
TTOD AX car formula = sub 1800 lbs +140 hp + race slicks + somone who is willing to drive it fast. Appears this car has all the required elements and a 175 to 200 hp engine.

J P Stein
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Mar 3 2006, 09:20 PM)
TTOD AX car formula = sub 1800 lbs +140 hp + race slicks + somone who is willing to drive it fast. Appears this car has all the required elements and a 175 to 200 hp engine.

Sounds simple enuff.
Why do I make it seem so hard?
jimtab
Looks great, Mark, now I see what you were talking about with the paint on the hood when Leo and I were up there. Randal, you should be happy your car looks really fast, the faring over the dash came out very well, looked alot rougher when I saw it before it was done...still in the fitting stages....AND, you survived the "Great Napa Flood of 2005-6" it's a great omen..... smilie_pokal.gif
maf914
Randal,

Nice looking work.

Are you pushing the oil to the front cooler with the T4 oil pump? Has the pump been modified for this or is it a standard pump? Do you still have the stock oil cooler as well? I have wondered what kind of pressure drop this arrangement results in, since on a typical T4 the oil will be pumped through the filter, remote oil cooler, and stock oil cooler before being routed through the engine.
Randal
AND, you survived the "Great Napa Flood of 2005-6" it's a great omen.....  

Again thanks to Brandon and Mark, the pair of which very effectively sealed all the doors, etc. so that the water didn't get in. They had also raised all the cars up as extra protection.

Also luck was on our side in that their shop is about two or three feet higher than the shops across the street, which had five feet of water in their building.

We dodged a big one as even one-two feet of water in the building would have destroyed just about everything.

Floods destroy everything they touch.

Must be a reason for us being lucky.

Randal
Are you pushing the oil to the front cooler with the T4 oil pump? Has the pump been modified for this or is it a standard pump? Do you still have the stock oil cooler as well?

The oil pump was blueprinted by Jake Raby.

We are still discussing what additional mechanical pumping might be necessary.

Britain Smith
QUOTE (Randal @ Mar 4 2006, 07:55 PM)
Are you pushing the oil to the front cooler with the T4 oil pump? Has the pump been modified for this or is it a standard pump? Do you still have the stock oil cooler as well?

The oil pump was blueprinted by Jake Raby.

We are still discussing what additional mechanical pumping might be necessary.

It is my understanding that the Type-4 pump can do it (well, an aftermarket type-4 pump). What does Raby have to say about it? I am interested because I am doing the same.

-Britain
DanT
I have been told the same by a very two different Porsche mechanics. The t4 pump is pretty robust...higer volume pump can't hurt rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 4 2006, 09:23 PM)
I have been told the same by a very two different Porsche mechanics. The t4 pump is pretty robust...higer volume pump can't hurt rolleyes.gif

i have the largest wet sump pump for a type 4 known... (gee... how much HP is it robbing tongue.gif ) and it pushes -10 oil lines no prob....

38mm gears smile.gif on dbl supported shafts...
Jake Raby
My 30mm pump will do the job (has done it many times) as long as the pump can keep it's "prime" during hard cornering.

With a wet sump, no matter the pump that is used, this is the key for volume and pressure.

Some internal mods and a deep sump are the best ways to ensure the pump keeps it's prime..
Brad Roberts
WOW Randal. It looks great smilie_pokal.gif Mark and Brandon did a fantastic job.

Cant wait to see it run.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.