Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway bar install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robby750
I am installing a stock front sway bar and have done everything but weld on the u-tabs. I have the drop links attached and set the tabs on the a-arms with the suspension unweighted on jack stands where they naturally line up with the ther end of the drop link. Is this the spot to tack them on?
bd1308
wait, you weld?

sorry for the hijack.

b
robby750
My brother in law has a welder and is coming over to tack these on. He is an amatuer and I don't know jack about welding so don't get your hopes up.
eeyore
U-tab thread

Go to the last page for other ways of attaching droplinks

(12cm = 4.72")
Mueller
QUOTE (robby750 @ Feb 27 2006, 07:28 PM)
My brother in law has a welder and is coming over to tack these on. He is an amatuer and I don't know jack about welding so don't get your hopes up.

make sure he does a good job.....total loss of vehicle control if one of the u-tabs comes off during a high speed corner can happen...not a pretty sight....
rjames
Should one weld these tabs using MIG, or fluxcore? Or is the answer 'it doesn't matter as long as you do it right'? confused24.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (rjames @ Feb 27 2006, 09:23 PM)
Should one weld these tabs using MIG, or fluxcore? Or is the answer 'it doesn't matter as long as you do it right'? confused24.gif

either one.....fluxcore is normally messier and sometimes more difficult to get good penetration.......smack it with a hammer to make sure it doesn't fly off.....
Mueller
if you want to pay for shipping, I'll send you pair of arms with factory tabs........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.