Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
What are ya using and why?? screwy.gif
IronHillRestorations
Club sports work fine. Just make sure you've got a plate on the top larger than the donut, so if it fails you engine won't be dragging on the ground!
spunone
icon_bump.gif maybe a little more replys this time screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
i had some nice plastic/delrin types... i balked and gave em to brando..

i love my welt semi solid trans mounts.... hockey puck material...
spunone
ThX AC thats what I'm talking about clap56.gif
Mueller
Wevo mounts (sold as transmission, but work as engine mounts depending on the year)
spunone
Have a 73 do wevo work on that year??
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spunone @ Feb 28 2006, 06:11 PM)

the correct answer is... if you use a tailshifter engine bar... you can use the wevo's.....

so nope tongue.gif

Mueller

yes and no and yes smile.gif

yes = if used on the tranmission only
no = you need mounts sold by JWest for stock style
yes = if you mount the engine to the bar with solid mounts and run the Wevo mounts on the out board mounts of the bar where it attaches to the chassis (similar to pre-'73 cars)
spunone
Heard the welts are pretty solid so ya feel every jolt TRUE OR FALSE sad.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (spunone @ Feb 28 2006, 06:16 PM)
Heard the welts are pretty solid so ya feel every jolt TRUE OR FALSE sad.gif

true....some people like that....I like a little bit of compliance...ran solids for a while and tossed them....
Joe Ricard
Geesh
I used a plastic cutting board for engine mounts 2 1/2 dia. circles four layers thick.
Put the motor just high enough to clear the Tangerine pipes to shift rod. PERFECT
the trans mounts are a custom design Schedule 80 aluminum pipe welded to 3/8" plate rubber donuts fill the inside of the pipe and the stock through bolt to the trans ear and grade 8 bolts to the body. Hey they were cheap and laying around.
Yes after 4 hours driving to an event my cheeks to my feet get pretty numb of course the seat is hard mounted to the floor pan.

Be one with the car.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 28 2006, 06:15 PM)

yes = if you mount the engine to the bar with solid mounts and run the Wevo mounts on the out board mounts of the bar where it attaches to the chassis (similar to pre-'73 cars)

with the bar moving around like it wasnt designed for (talking 73+ Sideshift engine mount bars) you will hit the shift rod in the bar now that the bar is moving.....
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 28 2006, 07:04 PM)

with the bar moving around like it wasnt designed for (talking 73+ Sideshift engine mount bars) you will hit the shift rod in the bar now that the bar is moving.....

and how much do you think the bar is going to move with better mounts?

it would be easy to test.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 28 2006, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 28 2006, 07:04 PM)

and how much do you think the bar is going to move with better mounts?

it would be easy to test.....

burden of proof is on you cool_shades.gif
ChrisFoley
On my race car I have aluminum bushings with thru bolts up front the same thickness as the stock rubber mounts. At the rear I have the club sport 911 mounts, which require a little bolt hole ovalizing to mount up. The stack up has to be a little different from original too iirc. I tried the Weltmeister solid rear mounts and didn't like them.
Eric_Shea
Richard from PMO had a rant publicized in one of his ads a while back about solid mounts and engine life.

(that's all I remember... cause I'm old) yellowsleep[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.