Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
Surely I can't be the first person to ask this... I'm looking for a source for the rubber boots for D-Jet injector wiring. Anyone?
Mueller
I got mine from eBay....user posted image
Cap'n Krusty
Bowlsby. The Cap'n
rhodyguy
yep, and they come with a harness.

k
Michael J
So backing up to Ken's question
looking for a source for the rubber boots for D-Jet injector

Can the bubber boots that cover the injector connections be replaced or is the whole harness necessary?
zymurgist
I could have sworn I saw somebody writing about how to replace the boots, including the use of a special tool to remove the contacts from the plastic plug. I couldn't find that information, though.
bd1308
if you take a small screwdriver and thin the blade down a tiny bit, you can use it as a pin release tool.

I bought one from NAPA, who carries parts from Beck-Arnley. Its a number from them. like 142-0001 or something. I dunno.

I finally broke the tool kinda, but it still works.

b
Krieger
I rebuilt the entire harness. It wasn't difficult just time consuming. The boots I got from my local BMW dealer. They had a box of assorted size boots, kinda like NAPA has an box of o-rings. The wires came out of the connector plugs with a small eye-glasses type screwdriver. My local import parts shop had all new connector plugs.
Dave_Darling
Mueller's pic shows L-jet connectors, which are different from D-jet ones. Jeff's harness uses a non-stock boot which holds onto the injector better than stock. AFAIK, he only sells the boots with the harness.

A quote from someone, a loooooong time ago....

The part number for the injector boot (Volvo)
is somewhere in this mess of numbers, I read them all off to the parts guy
and he got what he needed: 1st line - 943693, 2nd line - 2331, 3rd line -
31.  MPS/distributor trigger boot (Mercedes): 000.546.13.35.

I know B-A carries the metal pins and the plastic plug bodies, but didn't see the rubber boots in their catalog.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.