Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parade AX revisited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
I'm gonna post this again for those who may have missed it. Time grows short.

A bit of info:
Registration begining March 10 here: http://www.pca.org/parade/2006/
I may be mistaken, but to register, you have to log on here: http://www.pca.org/news/pcr.html

Now listen up, you cannot sign onto the PCA site and register on the same day. You need to get the sign on done before the 10th.
You need to have your PCA membership current.
You *need* to register that first day....the 10th.....`

I've been told that the Parade seldom sells out..... Hershey
was an exception. JIC, if you wanna go, get signed up that first day.

Be sure to plan on staying over for the track/AX stuff on Saturday following the Parade.

The Parade AX course will be about 25-30 sec in the Pro
Pits, exiting onto the main straight about 200 yards from the chicane, 360 deg around the chaicane, then your off to the
back stretch of turns 4 thru 8.....with just a few cones to ruin the racin' line laugh.gif

Track map here: http://www.portlandraceway.com/
DNHunt
I'm planning on it. Re-upped my membership but, I haven't got my card yet so I can't log in to PCA

I probably will come down for Sat and stay over for the AX Sun. I might see if I can get out of work Fri too.

Any suggestions on where to stay.

Dave
J P Stein
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Mar 4 2006, 06:32 AM)
I'm planning on it. Re-upped my membership but, I haven't got my card yet so I can't log in to PCA

I probably will come down for Sat and stay over for the AX Sun. I might see if I can get out of work Fri too.

Any suggestions on where to stay.

Dave

Humm....(insert a haid scratchie here).

The Parade AX is on a Wednesday & Thursday....9th & 10th
of August.

The after Parade AX is on Saturday the 12th.....and in the pro pits.....PCA DE on the track that day also. Parade attendees will get first crack on registration at the 12th AX.....JIC
we get over our limit of 100 drivers....which I kinda doubt.
In fact if there's room, I'll invite some SCCA hot dogs to come play. biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Well, maybe I'll take some vacation then. Guess I should have checked the PCA website first. I still have a few days left if my 2 bosses go for it. #1 boss = wife, #2 boss = receptionist. Being self employed is a lie.

Dave
Porsche Rescue
Ok JP, now to complicate matters. I am guessing that we need to "class" our cars when we register online on the 10th. For those who haven't spent hours with the "2006
Complete PCR's" (39 pages, found located in your second link above) this could be difficult.
Probably should figure that out now.

Am I correct in assuming that I (and anyone else with a six conversion) must run "modified" with the big dogs, like you? Suspect Dave's car will not be so simple, but maybe he is modified too. How about some advice?
J P Stein
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Mar 4 2006, 09:06 AM)
Ok JP, now to complicate matters. I am guessing that we need to "class" our cars when we register online on the 10th. For those who haven't spent hours with the "2006
Complete PCR's" (39 pages, found located in your second link above) this could be difficult.
Probably should figure that out now.

Am I correct in assuming that I (and anyone else with a six conversion) must run "modified" with the big dogs, like you? Suspect Dave's car will not be so simple, but maybe he is modified too. How about some advice?

I'm not sure about the classing at this time.
In the past, the PCA has mailed "packets" out to the attendees that need to be filled out for each competition that you're entering.
My understanding now is that this will be done via the Web....after they notify you that you're "in". I don't have any details as yet, so confused24.gif

You can go to the PCA web site and dig out the PCRs and figure your class at any time, tho. A link is right on the front page.

I have a printed copy and after reading them with your car in mind....my advice? Bend over, put your head between your legs & kiss your ass goodbye laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
M4 huh? No trophy in my future. The real challenge, can I avoid last in class. Probably not.
J P Stein
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Mar 4 2006, 12:52 PM)
M4 huh? No trophy in my future. The real challenge, can I avoid last in class. Probably not.

Well, I dunno.........

There is a line under "engine"( A-2.5.6.1 e) in the Improved section that says:
"Any engine is permited in any automobile provided it came from that same serise of automobile"

I think that means that any 911 can run anything up to a 3.2L and you can't biggrin.gif ....but I've been wrong before.
Porsche Rescue
Don't think I could convince anybody that my 2.7 "came from" a 914. Oh well, my car looks fast. Need to start coming up with excuses for the driver.
DNHunt
Maybe I look at this a different way. I just want to do the best I can. I really don't care what class I run. I'll win if there are enough DNFs. Everytime I run I want to do a little better. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Not much talent but, plenty of effort. Truth is the car probably will always be the better part of the team but I'm gaining on it.

Dave
sixnotfour
Say its a 2.4 aka 916, give yourself a fighting chance
anthony
Maybe I look at this a different way. I just want to do the best I can.

That's the way I look at it. Unless you build your car for a certain class there's no way to "win".
J P Stein
I understand they put a few 2.7L R spec engines in the 916.....but therein lies the rub....916, not 914.
914s are listed as 914/4 & 914/6...no 916.
Picky suckers......

sixnotfour
ya parade autocross , saw a guy protest rolled fenders on a guy's car, funny thing is his fenders were rolled also headbang.gif
Porsche Rescue
Seriously, I could not care less about where I finish. My only point in raising the issue was to alert people that they may need to know the correct class for their car when they register. March 10 may be a little late to try to figure it out. However, I don't suppose anyone will protest a car that finishes last!
sixnotfour
Seriously, I could not care less about where I finish. My only point in raising the issue was to alert people that they may need to know the correct class for their car when they register. March 10 may be a little late to try to figure it out. However, I don't suppose anyone will protest a car that finishes last!

That was my view ,but inspector detector found a hairline crack. laugh.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Mar 4 2006, 09:54 PM)

That was my view ,but inspector detector found a hairline crack. laugh.gif

That was never my view so I don't have any adjustments to make. biggrin.gif

There are 42 (count em') classes at the Parade. Double that including the Ladies classes. Large classes have trophies 6 deep or more....

Semi-stock 914/4s (all) would be in Production 2.....914/6 in
P6

Not so stock (RTFRB) 914/4 would be in Improved 1.
It looks to me as if your motor has been expanded over the allowable 1mm over bore.....go play with the big dogs.

It looks to me as if any well set up street car has a shot in either of these classes. The driver will tell......oh, btw, only the first 3 runs count.
DNHunt
JP

Suppose I go take my ass kickin in Improved 1 on Thursday and don't complain can I come run Saturday with a second driver or do both of us have to get our asses kicked?

It seems to me the carrot is the Saturday AX. I'm sure I'd enjoy hanging around the Parade AX but, I'd just be a field filler at best.

Dave
J P Stein
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Mar 5 2006, 05:55 AM)
JP

Suppose I go take my ass kickin in Improved 1 on Thursday and don't complain can I come run Saturday with a second driver or do both of us have to get our asses kicked?

It seems to me the carrot is the Saturday AX. I'm sure I'd enjoy hanging around the Parade AX but, I'd just be a field filler at best.

Dave

Heh....
PCA (SCCA) have a line in their rules that is similar
to: Anything not specifically allowed is prohibited.
Once you gots that in your haid, it's time to read the rule book.
I don't see increased engine size in Improved.
Welcome to Mod 2....but have no fear, it'll be just as easy to get your ass kicked there biggrin.gif

We field fillers can still have fun. The Parade AX is gonna be unique. You'll have the backstreach of PIR all to your self....with plenty of run off room biggrin.gif

Frankly, the Saturday AX (&DE)is an attempt by the local club to capture some funds from the Parade bunch. Parade attendees
will have first dibs on spots in that AX. We figure we can handle 100 drivers. The course will be more technical than the Parade course (which will be simple.....but fast)....one of our typical Pro Pits, chop & hack 50-60- sec, 2nd gear jobbies. Hopefully 5 runs all of which will count.....for those who aren't used to pressure. biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Ok

I guess I'll read the rules. Time to download the PDF.
Porsche Rescue
Dave, Professor Stein always gives such long answers. I'm thinking you can join the Parade AX and you and son can play on Saturday. Only issue will be the price of admission. Sounds like we both get to chase the big dogs.
DNHunt
Yep M 02 for me. Compression ratio sealed the deal. I bumped it up more than 1 point. Oh well. One nice thing about AX, since there aren't any cars near you, you can't tell how bad your ass is getting kicked until you are done.

Dave
Porsche Rescue
My thoughts exactly. Lots of noise and dust, looks fast, only the clock knows. And it's fun.
J P Stein
I think we'll have a lot of company in Mod.
Dave, Jim, Gary & I are just the start.
I'm hoping some of the CA hot dogs show...Like Randal, Steve,
A Byholder, maybe Bill in his 9eleben?, TTOD Trekor?

Of course, THE big dogs will be there to keep us humble. ohmy.gif
J P Stein
Did anyone besides me sign up for the Parade today?
If not, there's still time. If so, I hope to see all youz' guys at the AX.

I also hope that if you're comming, you did the volunteer thing for the AX. We need experienced guys & gals out shagging cones & flagging. We'll prolly be setting up on Tuesday afternoon and could use help there also.
Rough_Rider
Didn't sign up as i'm not a member in good standing wink.gif apparently.

But will be there as a volunteer.
DNHunt
Signed up and volunteer for Wednesday. Looks like we all run at 3 pm on Thursday. Guess I'll be looking for a place to crash (oops not a good choice of words). Edit sleep

Dave
J P Stein
I am entrant # 484A .....for asshole.... or the A list.
Prolly the latter biggrin.gif
DNHunt
JP

I'm right after your asshole # 485A. Damn that's not a pretty thought.

Dave
drgchapman
I'm in the Asshole club too........

#213A biggrin.gif

Man you guys have me worried. I sign up in the displacement classes, as I only saw 914/4 listed.

I registered as M05, 3200cc and over.........Oh, now I get it, that's the second highest class, gonna be some fasties, just no turbos.

Pamela is in M05 ladies driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
I'm 100 bigger (older?) than Gary, 313A. If it is done as when I last attended in '02 we will be assigned these 3 digit numbers as our car # for all events. They gave us stick on numbers to place in center top of windshield when our cars were tech'ed.

Gary, not that I want you in my class, but a 3.2 is only 3164cc's. As I read the rules that means MO4 (3199 or less). You can play with me and JP I think. JP, do you agree?
J P Stein
Ayup, that's the way I read the PCRs.
drgchapman
Gary, not that I want you in my class, but a 3.2 is only 3164cc's. As I read the rules that means MO4 (3199 or less). You can play with me and JP I think. JP, do you agree?

ohmy.gif

Gonna have to ammend the application biggrin.gif

DNHunt
Jim

Can you take a look at some of my old tax returns?

Dave
J P Stein
Ya know Gary, it really don't matter......when you roll up next to one of them monster slick tiared sumbitches....An ass kicken' is an ass kicken'......the mantra of we field fillers laugh.gif
DNHunt
Damn JP I'm gonna remember that
An ass kicken' is an ass kicken'......the mantra of we field fillers
Porsche Rescue
I hear a sandbagger talkin'..........field filler my ass!
J P Stein
I started filling out the info they wanted at 5:00 PST.
by 5:20 I was just starting to get the hang of the navigation and had to leave for wurk. I didn't finish till I got home.
That thing was not intuitive....then again maybe I'm just dumber than a hammer huh.gif
Porsche Rescue
It took me half the morning. I wondered if maybe I was joining the army. Still not sure I got it right.
drgchapman
Took me about 40 minutes............the first run.

It took me half the morning. I wondered if maybe I was joining the army. Still not sure I got it right.

I've ammended the thing twice as I learned about more stuff, thanks Jim. So now I'm M04. Don't know if I got it right either.

Ya know Gary, it really don't matter......when you roll up next to one of them monster slick tiared sumbitches....An ass kicken' is an ass kicken'......the mantra of we field fillers

I'm just gonna go out and burn some rubber, have a couple of giggles. I am looking for the fatties for the rear. If I get real motivated might get the rear flares on before Parade............I'm not holding my breath. I just want to stay with in a couple of seconds of the mighty JP on my skinny little tired, narrow bodied, needs more suspension, night time and most weekends project.

My ass is ready for a whoopin'. spank.gif
Steve_7x
JP...

I registered today. My 7th Parade. If accepted Joy and I will be at Parade and we are planing to do the Saturday autocross as well.

BTW... this is a great situation. Towing for so many miles I am glad that I will get more then just three runs. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah... Class M1 just like in 2002 (Idaho) when I first began to run the car.

Steve
DNHunt
Steve

If you are trailering from Sacramento you must be one of the ass kickers alfred.gif . Tell us about your car. We have to find someway to get all of the non-club guys together there.

Dave
J P Stein
Yes, Dave, Steve is one of "them".
I still have black & blue lumps on my ass from last time I ran
against him. Size 11, me thinks. laugh.gif

The "After Parade AX" came about when someone noticed the track wasn't spoken for that day. A DE & AX seemed like a gud plan.

If you go here: http://www.oregonpca.org/
Click on autocross, then pre-registration, you can sign up for a spot. I don't know what to expect for attendance at the event,
but I would like to keep it to under 100 drivers. Parade attendees have first dibs should that become a problem.
DNHunt
Ok, I'm ready bootyshake.gif

Dave
Porsche Rescue
[QUOTE]I just want to stay with in a couple of seconds of the mighty JP on my skinny little tired, narrow bodied, needs more suspension, night time and most weekends project.

I think we have more than one sandbagger in the tent!
J P Stein
A bit more info:
There are 2 DE days, Friday & Saturday.
So, 2 Axs & 2 DEs in 4 days. Drive till ya drop. laugh.gif
DNHunt
Signed up for it all. My masochism knows no bounds. Ass is gonna be really sore.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.