Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decel valve -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
I have this nos decel valve that came with my car. according to the AA parts index, it's for a
Category:
Name of item:
VACUUM LIMITER 1975 911S, 1977-79 xcpt turbo

looks the same as the 914 one. I was wondering if it is compatable being the 914 one is nla.
Bleyseng
I don't use the decel valve.

Geoff
tod914
Hey Geoff,

MPS arrive yet?
Bleyseng
no
tod914
hmmm - if it doesnt arrive by today, I will contact UPS. It went out Thurday 2day air.
Bleyseng
It came and the 043 is set up waay lean.
Does your motor run good with this one?? I would think it ran hot and got great mileage.

Geoff
tod914
Geoff,

I swapped the diaphrams from the 1.7 into the 2.0 just before i sent it to you. I did not install it on my car in fear it that it would'nt be calibrated correctly. My car ran fine before I got it back from powertech a month ago. The broken diaphram was diagnosed by a retired porsche mechanic afterwards. He did a temp. repair on it that didnt last. Im not sure how long it was originaly broken for. I assume it has been for a while, judging from the condition of the diaphram. Im really uncertian on what powertech F'd up on my car. They did manage to blow the side on my muffler. I replaced that with a bursch. Im real happy with that muffler. Some of the power came back, but not all. Still a dead spot from 1-3k rpm. Hopefully this repaired mps will solve the running problem.

p.s please include a diagram of how you run your vacume lines without the decel valve.

Thanks again,

Tod
Bleyseng
that 'ill cost ya! wink.gif
tod914
How about a blown out muffler and an all original classic nla fuel filter with 43,000 miles on it, clogged with sediment. The filter is a must have for any collector of these rare cars. It comes in grey plastic and would make a great restoration project for any enthusiast. Put that on your car and calibrate it lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.