Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing 19mm mastercyl.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
So I swapped out my master cyclinder and found that my electrical connections are different that what is on the new master. Do I swap out the old one? Or do you modify the contacts to fit? There is a normal lug on one then a strace center contact in the middle.

What gives? How come none of the instructions note this??

Thanks again.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Mar 6 2006, 09:36 AM)
So I swapped out my master cyclinder and found that my electrical connections are different that what is on the new master. Do I swap out the old one? Or do you modify the contacts to fit? There is a normal lug on one then a strace center contact in the middle.

What gives? How come none of the instructions note this??

Thanks again.

There should only be one contact. The second may be the reset button.

Oh.. and by the way.....

Jaiden
My old master had 2 contacts. So which contact do I use? and what do I do with the other one???

Is one ground? So that would be brown right?
ClayPerrine
You can swap the switch. Just make sure you retain the sealing ring.

That would be the simplist solution.

I would also suggest you bleed the master cylinder before hooking up the lines. That way you don't push as much air into the lines.

Tobra
Clay is obliquely asking for pictures, looking at diagram, brown and brown and yellow are wires to switch
Jaiden
If I could get out of work I could run home and get some pics loaded but alas I have to find some way of paying for all of these parts!!!

When I get home I'll get some pics loaded. I'm going to check my blog for Master cyl.photos there may be something.

Jaiden
Check my blog. There is a pic of the old master that shows the contacts.

Is there a way to post an image directly from my blog?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.