Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shalom.. er, Chalon question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
Hi all;

I did a search for Chalon but there a re a ton of posts that have zero to do with the kit other that one dude's opinion. Too much stuff to sort through.

I need to flare the rear of the car and don't want to do GT flares on the rear without doing the fronts as well (the look will simply not be balanced without both ends of the car being done.) Possible options are also the Sheridan standard flare/quarter.

I'm wondering it there are sources for just individual parts. The thing is I'm thinking of just rear flares for the car and wondering about the viability of using just the Chalon rear flares.

First off, are these just flares or entire quarters?

Are there sources out there or would I have to find a beater/tub and slice it up?

Also, I'm a bit thoughtful about the way the rear of the flare would meet the body since I would be using a stock rear bumper and not the Chalon 911 rip off
Aaron Cox
MITCOM in orange county made all the chalon parts..... and they are still around....

my opinion... stop pussy footing and go straight to the sheridan narrow body tongue.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Skline has a chalon in his garage and I think he's going to part it out. LOL
Elliot
bondo
What about HPH flares?
Mueller
just using the rear Chalon flares will look goofy....rear flares have a nice round wheel well opening...it does not match the front stock flares at all.....it'll look like you grafted 2 different cars together in the middle wacko.gif
andys
Fiberglass Trends
986 N. Elm St., Orange, CA 92867
714-532-6140

They own all the MITCOM molds.

Andys
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 6 2006, 04:15 PM)
Skline has a chalon in his garage and I think he's going to part it out. LOL
Elliot

av-943.gif
9146R
You might try www.renspeed.com They have a variety of 914 body parts available. I have NOT dealt with them - just happened upon their site. Maybe some of our other members can vouch for their products, service,etc.
Good Luck
Greg

Ad and pic there for:
914 Chalon Rear Quarter Panels RQ-914-02 Priced per pair.
$395.00
Gary
Can't quite tell what your goals for the flares are. You might consider flares from a 911SC. There are pictures of mine here: 911SC flares. 225/50/16's fit pretty comfortably. 245's might also, but haven't tried.

Stock rear bumper is fine.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Gary @ Mar 6 2006, 08:38 PM)
Can't quite tell what your goals for the flares are. You might consider flares from a 911SC. There are pictures of mine here: 911SC flares. 225/50/16's fit pretty comfortably. 245's might also, but haven't tried.

Stock rear bumper is fine.

talk to joe sharp about 'carerror' - it has SC flares on it....
morph
i have a chalon you can have for free complete car i took off of it what i wanted dont want the body.anybody can have it f they just come get it
james
btw i live in oregon and i just bought a new house with lots of acerage but its not going with me.it will be destroyed.ahem sawzalled
sawzall-smiley.gif
skline
Aaron is correct, Mistcom is still around under a different name. I agree that the rear flares alone may not get the desired look for you. If you do decide to go for, I have a front and rear Mitcom Chalon bumper I may be persueded to part with. They sell for $600 each from Mitcom but I will let them go for half price this month only. Tax time is going to hurt me this year. The front is the MKII front end and both are brand new, never painted or installed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.