Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where is type 4 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SGB
sounds like he got stromberg.gif 'd too.
azbill
I'm the one that stromberg.gif sold the Emerald system too. Mack stepped into the middle of the F***ed transaction. I finally got the system. That was last August, since then I have had Ron Grider tear down the so called engine I got from you know who. I have replaced or reworked EVERY part S**tHead installed. I have stopped counting the money I have spent to put this engine right. If it wasn't for Ron, Jake and Mack I would have been screwed blued and tattoed.

I wish some of you guys would know and check your facts before you start putting BS. stromberg.gif deserves everything said about him and some more as far as I am concerned.

Bill Shaffer
Dr Evil
ah man, Bill sad.gif I was hoping that ss was doing yours right being that he was taking pictures and all. That sucks.

Hey bug man, way to roll with the punches smilie_pokal.gif welcome.png
Twystd1
Hi Bill,

So how did your engine combo come out?

What do you think about Macks customer service?

And what do you think of the Emerald system as a whole?

And if I can help you put stromberg.gif in jail. Let me know.

Regards,
Twystd1
SirAndy
QUOTE (bug man nrg @ Mar 10 2006, 07:12 PM)
Ok i still do not see why all my info was put out there

ahem ... just FYI ... this is all PUBLIC info!

anybody with a internet connection can look that up with 3 mouseclicks ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
bd1308
well, four...since I had to connect to my linux box. I did even post that it was public info....all I was trying to do is verify that the site wasnt just another SS coverup, since he's done that too.

For awhile, a few of us ran stromberg checks, to make sure people knew where he was...kinda like the Convicted Sex offender list.

anywho, You definately are *NOT* stromberg, and your FI system looks amazing. I'm still a bit partial to MS, only due to me being a computer geek.

anyway, Welcome to the club, and please tell us what's included in your kit.

b
rhodyguy
there you go. the pooper is out of the picture, and we can deal directly with emerald. post about your product(s) in the "Resources, Parts, Products" forum.

k
azbill
Twystd1

The engine is in the final stages of reassembly. I replaced the crank the one I got looked worn. Connecting rods were sloppy on the crank I sent them out to be redone including a complete balance job. All the bearrings were replaced because the provided bearrings were of questionable quality. Heads replaced with Jakes speical brew. The heads ss have 48mm intake & 36 or 38 exhaust values. I didn't order a racing engine I want a hot street engine. The heads will be for sale details will be in the listing. Cylinders were not honed - all screwed up, had a machine shop hone them. Sent out the cmplete crank assembly for balancing. Replaced the cam of an unknown profile with a Jake cam. I used the ceramic lifters. The valve assembly was questionable. Value assembly was replaced with Jakes swivel foot system. Cylinder shims were uneven and deck heights varied - new shims. The supplied case was filithy. I decieded to used my orginal case. I have cleaned the un-numbered case Had it checked and it is good.

The Emerald system looks good. I'll post about the system when it up and running. I need to get the engine completed, relocated the fuel pump, install the 911 master cylinder, new interior, gaged cluster, and dyno setup the emerald system. When I have all that done there will be a complete report (good or bad) for all to read.

Bill Shaffer
Bleyseng
Bill, put some pics of your progress in your blog so we can watch your progress...thanks
rhodyguy
wow. same heads as the ones i won't use. i had mine cleaned/freshened up before i got the bad news. cheap 96mm cyls. i'll never recoup my costs. pm sent, again.

k
bug man nrg
cool.gif Now we have all the madnes out the way what can emerald performance do to help the air cooled market work?
what you need? cool.gif
where do we need to be with the pricing? biggrin.gif
ie:throttle bodys/efi/ unsure.gif
Jake Raby
OK....
Lets talk serious.

Last year I tested 5 different EFI arrangements. I still have that engine and still have the data. The engine hasn't been touched since last April- I even have weather plots from each dyno run.

If your serious send me up a system and I'll give you data.

I'm willing to give you a chance to prove yourself and the system as well. I'll buy or borrow the system from you either way.

You won't find another more comprehensive test outline than what I put the engine through during the EFI plots. I don't test only for power but also for ease of tuning and all the other things that would be important to a customer of mine thats buying an engine that gets my name on it.

So... If you want to do this let me know and I'm all game. I can have data in 3 weeks both in the dyno and from my vehicle equipped with a 32 channel data logger...

I KNOW I came off a bit too aggressive initially in this post, but it was simply because the name stromberg.gif popped up and so far everyone that had doings with him has been just as much of a loser as he was.

You do your part and I'll do mine and post the results including tests with the arrangemnt installed in the test car equipped with carbs and the EFI set up back to back, and yes I can log TQ and HP and longitudinal G forces in the car as well as temps from all 4 cylinders and it's all GPS based for accuracy.

Let me know if your game.
Aaron Cox
aktion035.gif smiley_notworthy.gif
Toast
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 7 2006, 04:06 AM)
It was proven that Steve Stromberg built crappy "rebuilt" engines based on used parts, etc...

one of the members here actually bought a engine rebuilt by Steve Stromberg and it was bad.

give him a call though, i'm sure that if he doesn't answer the phone, his mom will....

I know of and have personally seen two, make that 2 of stromberg.gif engines. Both of the regretful owners have already posted on this thread.
They would have looked better if you would have thrown a grenade in them. ar15.gif

..and actually that is his wife that answers the phone. she is old enough to be his mom. wink.gif
bd1308
I heard something about his mom and him living there, but hmm....

grenade indeed.

b
Toast
OMG!! I'm so sorry I didn't say this first, but...........

welcome.png

mueba.gif

burnout.gif
bug man nrg
Ok Jake i will give you a unit a cost so you will have some thing to work with i will not make a peny on this deal i just need you to be upright on your findings. I take it you still have jenvey bodys at your shop .If you have any problems with the set up call me this is what i am here for to stand behind what i sell smile.gif let me know when you have the time to do this
Jake Raby
Sounds good and fair to us both.

I'll be up front with the data- there is no way to lie!
gregrobbins
QUOTE (bug man nrg @ Mar 11 2006, 08:49 PM)
Ok Jake i will give you a unit a cost so you will have some thing to work .... i just need you to be upright on your findings.

Don't worry about Jake. Straight arrow all the way. His test will be a thorough one and he will report the facts. Jake has one objective, to make the best Type IVs possible. If there is something new and better, he will add it to his bag of tricks.

We all benefit from his testing and integrity.
Jake Raby
Thanks Greg!

He is correct.. If any system, including Emerald is better than what I'm using now I'll switch no problem..

The other 5 systems I tested were all more expensive than the SDS system, made less than 5% more power and took 2-3 times as long to tune.

75% of my customers don't own a tool box, so simplicity is key, ease of tuning is a must and actually weighs heavier on my list than gross power- simply because the power can't be generated if the system is difficult to tune..
bug man nrg
if any one need to know how the Emerald works there is a manual and a demo on the web site under down loads rolleyes.gif
www.emeraldperformance.com
also at www.emeraldm3d.com
there will be new stuff on the site soon as we find time to do it thumb3d.gif
gregrobbins
Here is a hot link

Link
bug man nrg
Thank for the link did you play with the demo yet:D
Jake Raby
OK,
I called and had a nice chat with Mac concerning his products, Stromberg and etc...

He has agreed to send me a unit for testing and I have agreed to post the results of this system in comparison to others, on the same test engine.

If the tests go well, the system is easy to interface with for the user things may progress.
we'll see...
DBCooper
As info the Emerald products are widely sold and well respected in the U.K. They're used a lot especially on re-engines of old Lotus cars, ignition-only for crank-fire Zetecs going into old MG's and such. Has a good reputation in the Lotus clone/kit car community.
bug man nrg
some one has done there home work .I would like to see the set up on more air cooled engine's .only time will tell .i had a chat with Jake today and he will post his findings to you all when he gets a unit in his hands biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Mac, did you get my email???
SGB
beerchug.gif
bug man nrg
yes Jake i got your email and i called with the info you need for the unit
bug man nrg
yes i did get your email and i called with the info on the unit that we talked about today beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif
wannateener
This can only be good for the Type4 community.
I have had some exposure to the unit in question in an application far more demanding than the 914.
Quality cust. service.
Willingnest to stretch to provide the product that suits the end user.
Nuff said.

JT
wannateener
Opps,
Sorry,
Me posting as my kid again smoke.gif
JT
street legal go-kart
bug man nrg
jake i did get your email and i called you back i will send you a pm biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.