Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lone Pine autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Howard
Hi honey, I'm here. biggrin.gif
Joe and Linda have the party wagon set up at the airfield, I'm checked in at the Comfort Inn.

Testicle inspection and Hostility suite will be at the Dow Villa motel and Sierra Cafe next door from 5pm to 11pm. Stop there first on your way thru town.

A bit of construction on 395 with lane closings and flagmen, but not too bad. 90degrees and lots of snow on the mountains.
bernbomb914
sorry I cant make it but my sons are to busy working to go with me .

Bernie
Howard
Bernie, sorry to hear you couldn't make it. Needed another old guy here biggrin.gif

So we have Joe Sharp, Linda, Aaron, Allan, Tony, Slits, and Toast. They are all camped at the airfield with about 30 other folks. Everything from BMW track cars to shifter karts. Allan and I are the only club people running and we're in the same class.

When I left the campground the bonfires were going and somebody brought a 2 stroke powered blender, so the margaritas were flowing. The track is a disaster. Organizer said it was 1/3 A/X, 1/3 road race, and 1/3 enduro. Pretty accurate.

The party tomorrow night should be a real hoot. 200 miles from L.A. Get up here if you can.

Pix.

Howard
one more pic.
dekman
Great pic's! More please. Pic's of other cars and the runway please? Hey Howard....where is Suzi? confused24.gif
Allan
Just got back home.

Bailed early because of conditions at the track and a bad hangover. Terrible, terrible track conditions. Cracked and uneven 63 tear old asphalt runways and tarmac overgrown with weeds. The only cleaning that it got was a very long period of parade laps

Windy like a mofo. Dirt and dust hitting your face at 50 mph sucks.

Oh yeah, scorpions and spiders rule the place after dark..

I'll try and post some pics later...
Joe Bob
Glad I stayed home and played with CV joints....
Aaron Cox
im back. have a shitload of photos from me and tony to resize and post...

my face is sandblasted...

allan... i made a 4hr drive in 3 hr 15 min... 90 all the way from the 14... LOL

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.