Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bi-Annual G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swapmeet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SLITS
It's that time of year for the Bi-Annual G&R (or if you prefer D&G&R) All 914 Rusty Parts Swapmeet and Animal Flesh Roasting. After serious consultation with a Palm Reader, Psychic and Tarot Card, it has been decided that APRIL 30,2006 shall be the date.

It will be held at The Recycler Core Company back parking lot.... 2727 Kansas Ave, Riverside, CA, 92507. Wanna map...google it yourself ya lazy bastards. Further information may be obtained by calling Ron (cell... (951) 751-3584 or Glenn (home... (951) 779-9146). Whether we answer or not is the question and knowing how cheap you guys are, you prolly wouldn't make a phone call anyway. So, email is (Ron) ronmeier at sbcglobal dot net and (Glenn) a914luvr at sbcglobal dot net.

Venue to include:

1.) Watching fine German parts rust before your eyes.

2.) Listening and trying to understand Thomas (one914racer) as he explains anything.

3.) The breakup of A-aron Admin's, MattR's, SKline's & "*"'s love tryst. Video available for $69.69.

4.) "The Darwin Boys" tell all...moderated by S. Charters, who nutz will be fried and stuffed down his throat while still attached to his body.

5.) The SMPD demonstrating why it takes 4 of them to turn on a siren. Instructional video available after the festivities.

6.) SKline's 6 hour disertation on why he didn't bring the Shalom.

7.) Por-15 Hootus coating and Fuch Clock making seminar by A-Aron Admin.

8.) Buying a stromberg.gif full power engine for a kazillion dinares by JB.

9.) AutoX course around the dead school busses. 1st prize is a paint evaluation by Los Panchos.

10.) Mrs K's body will be on display, fully ironed.

11.) Viewing of Howie's Hose (still attached).

12.) Tystd1 trying to convince someone to let him work on their car and his seminar on "How to Leave Your Toolbox on a Street Curb so someone can steal it".

13.) Allan Moore's seminar on "How to build a beautiful and fast 914 only to trade it away for a useless 6 conversion and spend more money".

14.) New York's own "Richard Simmons" will be the Grand Marshall and will lick your parts for free.

Future events to be added as time permits. We are working on a mystery guest but as yet have been unable to dig him up and deodorize him.

It would be nice if one of my favorite wub.gif Admins would stick, uhhh, this.

Aaron Cox
need me to bring anythang?

clock making seminar is cancelled due to declining enrollment biggrin.gif
skline
I refuse to make any comments and lower myself to your level of childish behavior for this event. dry.gif

what time will it be? smile.gif
SLITS
Glenn and I will be here at 6 AM.........maybe!

Aaron....just bring your rusty car parts

Scott .... uh, nevermind
Aaron Cox
anyone got an LCD projector? do it on a wall in the shop and watch lemans tongue.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 8 2006, 11:28 AM)
anyone got an LCD projector? do it on a wall in the shop and watch lemans tongue.gif

I've done the childbirth thing....not something I would project on a wall, 'specially during the flesh roasting festival.... icon8.gif
Flat VW
Laurie and I and Lapuwali and Fiid and Tobra all have a Rally that weekend? driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Could you change the date?

John w00t.gif
bd1308
yeah, make it just a tad bit in may and "I" could be another mystery guest.

I'll bring miles.....and the goat.

b
brant
fun...
fun...
fun...

funny!

brant
Eric_Shea
Please cancel this event. I won't be able to make it.
Flat VW
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Mar 8 2006, 12:08 PM)
Laurie and I and Lapuwali and Fiid and Tobra all have a Rally that weekend? driving-girl.gif  :driving:  :driving:  :driving:  :driving:
Could you change the date?

John w00t.gif

Yes Ron, like Eric said, can you please reschedule this thing for another time?

John
SLITS
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 10 2006, 09:14 AM)
Please cancel this event. I won't be able to make it.

Which is one of the primary reasons we're holding it on that date.

To bad you guys (& gals) can't make it. All those "rust free" So Cal parts go to the most deserving..the So Cal people. av-943.gif

Glenn is the one who sets the date....I'll try to talk to him.
Eric_Shea

Dearest Mr. Dickwad,

Just for that, I'm coming... with a wad of Yankee Cash! mad.gif

I'm gonna buy every rust free teener and teener part I can find and store it in a 'lost warehouse' and only sell it to people from MI, WI, IL, IN and OH!!! w00t.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 12 2006, 12:30 PM)

Dearest Mr. Dickwad,

I'm gonna buy every rust free teener and teener part I can find and store it in a 'lost warehouse' and only sell it to people from MI, WI, IL, IN and OH!!! w00t.gif

we dont have to sell em to ya!

(ok.. ill take 50 for my parts car...)
Gint
idea.gif

I might have to show up and haul some more 914 cars/parts outa California.

happy11.gif
JoeSharp
John, Eric and Mike, it would be nice to see you there.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
sean_v8_914
slits said "bi-"
SLITS
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Mar 18 2006, 09:32 PM)
slits said "bi-"

We have a special area reserved just for you and the rest of the South County Flamers.
Twystd1
I am sorry to say I can't make it this year.

I will be at Ron's swap meet n Riverside.

Cause it really ain't a D&G... It really ain't Glenns either..

It's Ron's god dam swap meet and I choose to be there instead.

Hanging out with the clan. Being last man out. And pretending I know something... Purrrfect..

Clayton
bd1308
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 12 2006, 01:30 PM)

Dearest Mr. Dickwad,

no KY sad.gif

b
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 20 2006, 12:54 AM)
no KY sad.gif

b

I don't think there will be any KY available for purchase.

I've been to the last two and never saw any.
Flat VW
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 20 2006, 10:20 AM)
no KY sad.gif

b

Nope. only guys with KY had brought their own to share.

John av-943.gif
oh no, not again!
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 12 2006, 03:30 PM)

Dearest Mr. Dickwad,

and, uh-hem, CT of course!
SLITS
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 12 2006, 12:30 PM)

Dearest Mr. Dickwad,

Uhhhh, unfortunately av-943.gif I must inform you that this is SUTHERIN KALIFORNIA and your carpetbagging, slimy, Yankee money is no good here. Ya'll best be gittin' a drawl, etin chitlins & greens and totin' Kornfederate money, lestin' we has to shoot ya'll fer impersination.

Spitooooooo!
Grimstead
QUOTE (SLITS @ Mar 8 2006, 10:40 AM)
I've done the childbirth thing....

I Knew it, I just knew it!

I'll be there boldblue.gif
skline
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 20 2006, 09:20 AM)
no KY sad.gif

b

MattR and Aaron both keep a tube in their pockets at all times in hopes that Slits will finally give in. av-943.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 20 2006, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 20 2006, 09:20 AM)
no KY sad.gif

b

MattR and Aaron both keep a tube in their pockets at all times in hopes that Slits will finally give in. av-943.gif

rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
el bumpo
redshift
I'll be there.

-checks watch-

M
Aaron Cox
i hear we are having a canadian guest fly in for this event.....

can you say wcc style party smile.gif beer.gif
Flat VW
Anybody gonna have a good front clip, for sale?

John

P.S. Delphi Green please...... boldblue.gif
TROJANMAN
idea.gif
bondo
Let's maximize this swap meet.. Any other requests?

I have lots of good used trans parts, anyone need anything? I have most of the 2nd-5th stuff, and a few odd things like A mainshafts.

I've got a pair of early doors, but I might not bring them unless there's intrest, they take up lots of space.

I also have a decent early backpad and an early seat that needs recovering. I'll look around later this week and try to list a few other things I may bring, so I can make sure I bring what people need.
SLITS
An addition to the agenda for Sunday.....We are going to setup a road course in the parking lot......So, bring your driver and balls.

For RC cars....I ain't that stupid. Glenn is the Senior Race Official.....
Flat VW
screwy.gif

John

P.S. Has howard set the track fees , yet?
SLITS
Howie's a "pinky lifter" now and will not lower himself to associating with the lowly barbarians............
street legal go-kart
wannateener and I also have some misc. stuff.
just inherited a complete 71 donor. the interior is fairly complete as well as the rest.
What do you need?
Miss Mari , Dylan and I will be in San Berdu/Riverside area Sat nite, who is buying the beer?
Anyone else staying in and/or located in the Riverside area?

jt
Miss Mari
OK ,
So Riverside is not the hot ticket on Sat. nite......
We also need to go thru Pasadena at some point.

Chief Nucklehead and Bottle Washer
QUOTE(street legal go-kart @ Apr 24 2006, 04:34 PM) *

wannateener and I also have some misc. stuff.
just inherited a complete 71 donor. the interior is fairly complete as well as the rest.
What do you need?
Miss Mari , Dylan and I will be in San Berdu/Riverside area Sat nite, who is buying the beer?
Anyone else staying in and/or located in the Riverside area?

jt
GWN7
I haven't picked a place to stay yet.....I'm having dinner with a lady friend in Passadena Sat night. Was planning on driving down in the am, but plans can change. let me know what you guys (and gals) are up to.

smile.gif
Toast
I will be at the swap meet at some god-awful hour before any of ya'll so that I can post bright-colored signs at freeway exits and intersections so that ya lost boys & girls don't get more lost.

By the way..........DO NOT USE MAPQUEST OR YAHOO MAPS FOR YOUR DIRECTIONAL SOURCE!
There has been major road changes in the last year. SPRUCE STREET EXIT DOES NOT EXIST! It has been physcially removed.........literally!

Here are the directions as best as I can put it:

FROM Interstate 60 heading East:
Take MAIN STREET Exit,
Turn RIGHT,
next light is SPRUCE STREET,
Turn LEFT,
Stay straight on Spruce until you go over freeway and cross railroad tracks.
Turn RIGHT on KANSAS on first right after tracks.
Turn RIGHT at stop sign (only way you can go)
Turn LEFT at next stop sign (only way you can go again)
TURN INTO SECOND GATE ON THE RIGHT WITH YELLOW 914 PARKED IN VIEW.

From Interstate 60 heading West:
Take MAIN STREET exit,
Turn LEFT,
SECOND Stop sign turn LEFT onto SPRUCE STREET,
Stay straight on Spruce until you go over freeway and cross railroad tracks.
Turn RIGHT on KANSAS on first right after tracks.
Turn RIGHT at stop sign (only way you can go)
Turn LEFT at next stop sign (only way you can go again)
TURN INTO SECOND GATE ON THE RIGHT WITH YELLOW 914 PARKED IN VIEW.

I do not think I can find a current map as construction has been too recent. If anyone has access to a recent map (like 2006) that would display accurate directions, please post.

If you get lost, look for the bright signs saying "G&R" and an arrow. Please call myself, Ron, or anyone if you get totaly lost. We will guide you or come get your lost ass. rolleyes.gif

SEE EVERYONE ON SUNDAY! grouphug.gif
jsharp.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(one914racer @ Apr 24 2006, 09:52 PM) *

saturday ? huh.gif

aint dis on sunday?
Toast
laugh.gif

ph34r.gif
skline
Maybe this will help? This is from Microsoft Maps which is updated online all the time.

spunone
So 91 E you can get off on La Cadena??
skline
I will not be driving the famous Chalon Supercar as I will be selling a bunch of parts and need the truck to haul them all. Plus I am bringing a special guest with me. This is all assuming that I dont have to work at the port. I wont know for sure till the day before. sad.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 25 2006, 08:28 AM) *

I will not be driving the famous Chalon Supercar as I will be selling a bunch of parts and need the truck to haul them all. Plus I am bringing a special guest with me. This is all assuming that I dont have to work at the port. I wont know for sure till the day before. sad.gif

....oh do tell....who is the special guest Scott?? laugh.gif

Lisa mrs.K.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 8 2006, 09:53 AM) *

It's that time of year for the Bi-Annual G&R (or if you prefer D&G&R) All 914 Rusty Parts Swapmeet and Animal Flesh Roasting. After serious consultation with a Palm Reader, Psychic and Tarot Card, it has been decided that APRIL 30,2006 shall be the date.

Venue to include:................

10.) Mrs K's body will be on display, fully ironed.

Awww Ronny baby....you'll have to break out that cardboard cut out of me that I sent you....my daughter has a volleyball tournament at Cal St Dominguez that day sad.gif

I'll miss you all though!

Take lots of pics beerchug.gif

Lisa mrs.K.gif
skline
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Apr 25 2006, 08:39 AM) *

Lisa mrs.K.gif

Someone I want to spend lots of time with and actually has a connection to this club besides me. Her son is a member here. Is that enough clues?
spunone
Hope somebody brings a painted front bumper to sell Oh yeah and cheap lol
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 25 2006, 09:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Apr 25 2006, 08:39 AM) *

Lisa mrs.K.gif

Someone I want to spend lots of time with and actually has a connection to this club besides me. Her son is a member here. Is that enough clues?

OOOOOOOooooooooH!!!!!!!!!! I know now wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.