Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O/T: Snow?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
yeahmag
Just got back from dropping my wife and her brother off at Mt. Baldy... Crazy drive up. The good old FJ62 treated us right as ussual. My day is tomorrow! Just hangin' with Charlotte (21 months) here in Pasadena. Snow in the mountains here too... I can see it from my window!

-Aaron
Seagrave
I feel kinda silly posting this stuff when you guys that live in the real snow country have to deal with this and worse all the time, but Thursday morning was a surprise. The nice thing is that it delayed my having to go to work by two hours! No, I didn't take the 914. According to the paper, the last time it snowed this much in March was 1989. Just one year ago this weekend, the wife and I took the Porsche to the beach (70 miles) because the temperature was in the mid 60's. Lord, I love Oregon.
Toast
Herez ur pitchur.
Toast
DAAAAMMM! My new Razr takes a pretty darn good picture! wub.gif
alpha434
Here in colorado it was in the 70s on monday. Snowing on Tue. Sunny on wed. Snowing again on Thurs. And Sunny again Yesterday. Today it's clear blue skies, but it's kinda chilly. Snow tommorow?
grantsfo
This snow thing is getting old. Its snowing hard at 1000 ft in Santa Cruz again this morning.
wbergtho
Let me just start by stating the forecast for sunday in the greater Mpls/St Paul, MN area. "STARTING TONIGHT...7-9" OF SNOW. ohmy.gif SNOW WILL TAPER OFF IN THE MORNING AND THE TOTAL FOR MONDAY IS JUST 2". sad.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif So there you have it...almost a foot of snow and I just got my transaxle back on the car and shifting nicely. All dressed up and no where to go! mad.gif

Bill
J P Stein
QUOTE (wbergtho @ Mar 12 2006, 08:55 AM)
Let me just start by stating the forecast for sunday in the greater Mpls/St Paul, MN area. "STARTING TONIGHT...7-9" OF SNOW. ohmy.gif SNOW WILL TAPER OFF IN THE MORNING AND THE TOTAL FOR MONDAY IS JUST 2". sad.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif So there you have it...almost a foot of snow and I just got my transaxle back on the car and shifting nicely. All dressed up and no where to go! mad.gif

Bill

What we get for weather in the PNW becomes yours in a few days + a bit of cold air from the GWN.....enjoy biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Right now I can sit on my back patio and see snow on tops of the moutains. Looks pretty similar to the pic that Aaron posted. Pretty wild for a place that hits 115 in the summer wacko.gif
StratPlayer
Its really coming down in Salt Lake City this Sunday morning, lots of snow, hell they'll be skiing at Snowbird until august this year.
iamchappy
Just blame it on global warming.
alpha434
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 12 2006, 10:34 AM)

Obviously!

I said that it was clear blue yesterday. Last night it snowed. Cloudy as all hell right now. And I've got to meet with members of the local contingent. Crap.
SLITS
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Mar 12 2006, 11:34 AM)

Sure.. rolleyes.gif
Michael N
10 minutes from downtown Los Gatos up Black Rd. Sunday am.
Michael N
With 914 content.
yeahmag
Took me 5.5 hours round trip from Pasadena to Mt. Baldy and back on Saturday. Made the climb up no problem with the old FJ62, but on the way down did some ice skating in to a mini van that decided to stop in the middle of the road. I'll need a new bumper and 1/4 panel on the FJ, the van will need that and possibly a tailgate.

Major sections of that strectch I could not even stand up on. I slid for 15' on my feet in to a van!!! There were 4 other accidents in front of us and many, many cars coming down sideways if not bakewards. No one was hurt, but we all were shaken. Couldn't have been going more than 10 MPH...

We re-chained up and drove the truck down with two tires in the deep snow at all times. The people we hit left their car and went back for it today, it was driveable, they were just not capable of getting it down the hill!

Further down they closed the road in front of us for 45 minutes to an hour. A CHP car, ambulance (yes ambulance), and several other cars went off in a multi-car accident. Once again we re-chained and crawled along until the road no longer resembled an ice rink.

I lived in Boston, MA for 5 yrs and spent a LOT of time in VT snowboarding. I've driven on some intense roads through serious storms and I have never seen anything like these roads. Massive switch backs covered in ice and snow.
yeahmag
FJ Damage...
yeahmag
Van...
yeahmag
chaos...
Toast
And THAT is why I stayed inside all weekend. Those roads don't look nearly as bad as the ones up here. But that black ice is a doozy!

Well, except to shovel the trucks out of the driveway. rolleyes.gif
iamchappy
Up here we have things called snowmobiles, and dog sleds.
Rhodes71/914
I'll be heading out on the ocean this morning, the spray will be freezing to the boat. I'll be at work.

Snow, yeah there is still plenty of that too.

HarveyH
Harvey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.