914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
....the middle of March, weather God.
Git your shit together bs.gif
mack914
Move... blink.gif
vesnyder
Weather looks encouraging here in NE Ohio - it is raining and rinsing all the salt off the roads! I am waiting for a new clutch cable anyway, so I would really be depressed if it was nice!
mack914
Same here in Toledo, rain, but warm. Spring not far off. aktion035.gif boldblue.gif
blitZ
It's gonna be 75 and sunny here in GA. I need to move back to Fl where it's warmer. poke.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE (mack914 @ Mar 9 2006, 08:36 AM)
Same here in Toledo, rain, but warm. Spring not far off. aktion035.gif boldblue.gif

Indy too! Bye bye road salt!! wavey.gif

Time for some driving.gif, burnout.gif , and biggrin.gif

First DE weekend for me is in April and I can't wait!
erikstoll
supposed to snow here today and tomorrow =(
nomore9one4
Here in Pittsburgh it off/on rain and upper 60's.Spring is in the air! smile.gif
Spoke
I drive my 914 more in the winter than the summer. Here in Allentown, we get snowfall that comes in big chunks, like 2 to 6 inches at a time. I got my "new" 74 on the road last Wed, and have driven it everyday until today where its now raining. Our weather comes mainly from the east, and the Appalachian Mountains that split PA clears all the onion snows (1/4 to 2 inches) in the Pittsburgh area, leaving us clean and clear for long periods.

Between snows here, it could be sunny for a week or 2 straight. Yeah the roads are dusty, but as long as the 914 stays dry, the road dust can be blown off.

In the spring and summer it's not unusual to have a clear sunny morning followed by PM showers which prohibits taking the 914 to work.

Spoke
morph
It was hail/light snow last night.i came in the house around 9:00.Nothing on the ground this morning.
JAMES
Root_Werks
It was snowing like crazy on my walk to the buss stop this morning. Not really sticking, just on the grass and stuff a little. I love walking in the snow, early morning before everyone else is up. It's quiet. smile.gif
drewvw

The winter has sucked this year in New England. I'm going to colorado next week to ski and then I don't give a damn what the weather does.

just a little bitter.... ar15.gif
joea9146
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Trekkor
It is supposed to snow all over the Bay Area this weekend if there is moisture. Huge cold air mass from Alaska coming through.

Last time was '98.

Of couse , I'll be on the track tomorrow dry.gif

KT
biggy72
If I had a digital camera I'd take a pic for ya....

It was kind of weird last night, it snowed hard and heavy til about 9 and then it kind of turned to rain, and from what all the cars driving by right now sound like, it sounds like it froze up pretty good after that. I'm driving back to the west side to go home tomorrow night, so that should be a fun trip.

It would be nice if it quit snowing so we can get all of the gravel cleaned up out of the parking lot that we test our race car in. It usually takes forever for the sweepers to come around, and now it'll just be even longer. Oh well I guess...
drgchapman
Snowing like crazy here at Squaw Valley.
Man they have a ton of snow. Making up for last year, I guess.
Left the heat on at the house, should be OK.
6 days of R&R and skiing. WooHoo! boldblue.gif
roundboy914
We got like 4" of snow on Sunday, today it is 60.
Chicago - if you don't like the weather, wait a day.
Honest to God, just like those little 'you know you're from Chicago when....' lists, i have used the Heat and the AC in my car on the same day (Of course not in the 914 - which has neither).
jhadler
Well, a couple days ago it was around 70 dergees. Yesterday, it was snowing all day, with around 4 inches of accumulation in parts.

Gotta love the weather in the Rockies...

-Josh2
Rough_Rider
Wierd, 60 + 70 over weekend, then 3 inchs this morning. Was a great excuse not to goto work.

Except they all know i have a s4 which kicks ass in the white stuff. Bugger!
tdgray
In the sixties today... mid sixties tomorrow.

SPRING'S COMING YEAH smilie_pokal.gif

Now I just have to get the car put together. dry.gif
grantsfo
Its supposed to snow down to 1000 feet in Santa Cruz mountains Friday and Saturday. Crazy! ohmy.gif I might be able to take snow pictures of my new conversion! LOL!
Allan
Here ya go JP
J P Stein
That's my kind of snow sculpture. laugh.gif
Britain Smith
Here is a picture of Hillsboro around 6a.m. this morning. I guy I work with sent it to explain why he was not coming to work.

-Britain

tdgray
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Mar 9 2006, 09:24 PM)
Here is a picture of Hillsboro around 6a.m. this morning. I guy I work with sent it to explain why he was not coming to work.

-Britain

Bunch of pussies... that's a freakin snow squall. huh.gif
Eric Taylor
Went for a bike ride here in eugene about an hr and a half ago and as I was climing a hill it began to snow on me. Nuts, I've never ridden in snow till today.
Eric
Eric_Shea
What's the problem? confused24.gif

Go skiing. (last Sunday)
Gustl
got 15 inches new snow last night
then temperature raised up about 15 degrees and now it rains ... wacko.gif mad.gif
Spoke
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 9 2006, 10:44 AM)
It is supposed to snow all over the Bay Area this weekend if there is moisture. Huge cold air mass from Alaska coming through.

Last time was '98.

Of couse , I'll be on the track tomorrow dry.gif

KT

I'm out here in Santa Clara to get away from the cold North East and it's going to snow? WTF? Its colder here than in Allentown.

Spoke
jhadler
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Mar 9 2006, 05:24 PM)

-Britain

Britt, y'all are whimps...

We got that much jsut this morning, and it's still snowing hard... Oh yeah, I'm at work....

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.... wink.gif

-Josh2

P.S. 's'okk really. I used to live in Portland, and I know how bad it can be there when even 1" of snow sticks to the ground... Hardly anyone there can drive in the snow worth beans...
jhadler
Okay as long as we're on the topic here....

[rant mode]

Driving to work today was un-frickin' believeable. I know what I just said about Portland drivers in the snow, saddly the same should be said about front range drivers here in Colorado. Barely any snow stuck to the road, maybe an inch or so of slush. At yet, in my 25 minute drive to work I encountered the everpresent stamp of marketing's effect on the modern driver. Three vehicles spun off the road and/or impacted with a berm or such. What were they? No, it wasn't the 20 year old tercell on bald tires, he was the one driving 20 miles an hour on a 60 mph two lane road... mad.gif It was, get this.... A new Land Rover Discovery, an Acura MDX, and a BMW X5... av-943.gif Geez... Just because you spent $50k on your all wheel drive luxo yacht, does not mean you are immune to the elements!!! Me, I had no problem driving through the inch or so of slush at the posted limit. Why? Cause I have... you know... wait for it... SNOW TIRES!!!!!! Geez people! It's the freakin' rocky mountains!! Get some bloody snow tires for your $50k fashion statement!!

[\rant mode]

Thanks, I had to get that out...

EOL

-Josh2
URY914
Its about 82 degrees right now in Zephyerhills Florida. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
Here is a trail in my nieghborhood. 1200 ft a couple miles from the ocean in Central California. It was snowing at sea level today where I work.
J P Stein
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 10 2006, 09:33 AM)
Its about 82 degrees right now in Zephyerhills Florida. biggrin.gif

There are hills in Florida?
Eric_Shea

Burial mounds. Chocked full of blue hairs...
J P Stein
Well, I knew they had zephyers....like one named Hugo biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Mar 10 2006, 06:56 PM)
It was snowing at sea level today where I work.

agree.gif san mateo bridge was closed tonight. cars sliding all over the place ....

snow in the bay area. at sea level. and zois was promoted to admin. coincidence? i think not ...
ohmy.gif Andy
tdgray
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Mar 10 2006, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 10 2006, 09:33 AM)
Its about 82 degrees right now in Zephyerhills Florida.  :D

HA biggrin.gif
motorhead
Beautiful sunny california (at 5000') cool.gif
Dont think I have enough tire clearance for chains......
Joe Bob
We got snow here, too...didn't last long....I had to put pants on it got so cold after 2pm.

When I went to the bank in BAD TUB at 10 am I was still wearing my typical non-work attire, flips, tee shirt and shorts and got wierder looks than usual. As the compression comes up with the rings sealing it gets funner and funner.......too bad it's an ass dragger, huh?

markb
Snowed up here at Hearst Castle last night for about an hour. It's still on the ground, but starting to melt a bit. Still 33 degrees. dry.gif
SLITS
4" + 12" + 6" and more on the way............
Allan
QUOTE ("*" @ Mar 11 2006, 07:09 AM)
too bad it's an ass dragger, huh?

Yep... cool.gif
Joe Bob
Junk in the trunk.... bootyshake.gif
Toast
Got 7 1/2 inches last night. 8 more inches expected by toninght! blink.gif
Toast
QUOTE (jhadler @ Mar 10 2006, 09:28 AM)
Okay as long as we're on the topic here....

[rant mode]

Driving to work today was un-frickin' believeable. I know what I just said about Portland drivers in the snow, saddly the same should be said about front range drivers here in Colorado. Barely any snow stuck to the road, maybe an inch or so of slush. At yet, in my 25 minute drive to work I encountered the everpresent stamp of marketing's effect on the modern driver. Three vehicles spun off the road and/or impacted with a berm or such. What were they? No, it wasn't the 20 year old tercell on bald tires, he was the one driving 20 miles an hour on a 60 mph two lane road... mad.gif It was, get this.... A new Land Rover Discovery, an Acura MDX, and a BMW X5... av-943.gif Geez... Just because you spent $50k on your all wheel drive luxo yacht, does not mean you are immune to the elements!!! Me, I had no problem driving through the inch or so of slush at the posted limit. Why? Cause I have... you know... wait for it... SNOW TIRES!!!!!! Geez people! It's the freakin' rocky mountains!! Get some bloody snow tires for your $50k fashion statement!!

[\rant mode]

Thanks, I had to get that out...

EOL

-Josh2

As I always say:

"If ya can't drive it, don't buy it!"

rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
we got snow in corona... lol.

elevation <1000 feet laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 11 2006, 10:42 AM)
we got snow in corona... lol.

elevation <1000 feet laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
sunny 20 minutes ago....now we gots thunder clouds coming and some fool is pounding a big bass drum....I can see a line of rain a coming in from the islands.....

Time to go up to the garage and grind metal and make a hood scoop for BAD TUB.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE ("*" @ Mar 11 2006, 11:39 AM)
sunny 20 minutes ago....now we gots thunder clouds coming and some fool is pounding a big bass drum....I can see a line of rain a coming in from the islands.....

moah pichsores!

i wanna see da island rain smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.