Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 Rebuild Shakedown Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Okay, Got the car washed and went to fill er up with 91 pump gas.

The first thing I noticed is that it seems to take forever to warm up. Pops and sputters quite a bit when first started cold.(I know this is the nature of carbs) After about 6 - 8 minutes it smooths out and when up to temp it seems to smooth out even more.

Oil temp stayed under 180 the whole time.

One thing it does is after coming to a stop light, the idle stays up around 1500 rpm and after about 30 seconds will drop to 1k. Normal?

I didn't run it up over 6k but up over 2200 or so WHOA FREAKING SHIT!!!!

THIS THING ROCKETS... burnout.gif

I think it'll need some fine tuning to make it perfect but it's a world of difference...
LvSteveH
Contratulations driving.gif
olav
Nice!
jim_hoyland
Good ! Sounds great !

Aaron Cox
is the linkage returning all the way?
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 11 2006, 01:29 PM)
is the linkage returning all the way?

Don't really know. Haven't really looked at it. Just something to tinker with maybe tomorrow.

Now get yer car done.

Gonna go take some pics. I'll post them later...
Cap'n Krusty
Too fat. The Cap'n
goose2
smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif driving.gif
DonTraver
Temp sounds fine, considering the weather, summer time will tell more. Sputtering until she's warms is normal too. She will probably need to be dialed in after breakin, better to run rich during breakin than lean.

Try a light oil on the trottle linkage, no grease especially as cold as it is now. Grease just about turns solid, lol. I also oil the throttle cable with 3 in 1 oil before I put them in.

All in all, sounds like she's running good for you. Congrats.

Don
Flat VW
driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
I know the car is running a little fat. The mechanic told me he set it up like that for the break-in.

I had alot more and better pics but I let them get opened and save with some shitty adobe program so they wouldn't post. Here is the only one I have. It was taken 10 minutes ago. Can't go outside because of hail.
Aaron Cox
kickass image resizer

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ST&f=16&t=18420
Eric Taylor
Allan - It's great to see that you have your car back and start to put that fiasco behiend you and just enjoy the damed thing! Have fun and be good to that new motor smile.gif

Eric
Gint
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 11 2006, 01:50 PM)
I didn't run it up over 6k but up over 2200 or so WHOA FREAKING SHIT!!!!

THIS THING ROCKETS... burnout.gif

I think it'll need some fine tuning to make it perfect but it's a world of difference...

cool.gif

Fun huh?
campbellcj
Congrats...first drive in a sixer is somethin' you'll remember for a long time!

If you have the factory-style throttle linkage, another thing to check is the adjuster at the trans bellcrank. If the cable adjuster is even slightly too tight then the throttle won't close all the way consistently. There needs to be a teeny bit of cable slack.

Sorry if I missed it, but what's the engine and overall setup?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.