Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: skill level....tail cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
itsaporsche914
one side broke off. after removing the piece that bolts to the mount , it looks like it has been welded at some point. going over a curb sideways & backwards back in 1982, in california 101 atascadero, did it im sure . cheated death again. fast foward 24 years , time to fix it the right way .question is : how hard is this to accomplish i have some skills and a mcguyver sense. any help is a good thing. my car is a 74 2.2 with a side shifter james( still cant make pictures load , page expires, or an error says cant upload this type of file) its jpeg and im cable modem
Poor-sche Lover
don't know about the cover, but I bet the pictures aren't working because they are too big. 307200 bytes, maximum. That's 300KB.
itsaporsche914
im not a computer guy but heres what im doing. i click on browse select a picture, go to paint , reduce it to 1% of 1.9 mb and try to send it
itsaporsche914
bump
biggrin.gif
Andyrew
save it as jpeg..

itsaporsche914
hope this works
itsaporsche914
wrong picture
itsaporsche914
try 56
itsaporsche914
my temp. fix
Dr. Roger
if it's aluminum, i dropped in on my local midas shop and BS'd with the lead welder. he happened to be quite proficient with the TIG welder and fixed my aluminum alloy intake (old toyota tacoma 4X4) on the spot for $75.00.

he said three times, "don't hold me liable for this welding job".

i didn't and drove the heck out of that ride (300K miles) until it died of ex wife causes.... biggrin.gif

itsaporsche914
another picture of the temp. fix
Aaron Cox
A ) please resize your pics.. or crop em to size....
B ) the trannies are MAGNESIUM and only a professional who is trained can do it.....
C ) swapping out a rear cover is no big deal......
D ) dont drive it like that! get a jack under it.....
itsaporsche914
a: i'm learning
b:i know
c:great, thanks for the expertise biggrin.gif
d:its back on jacks beerchug.gif
Andyrew
IF its on jacks.. ok.. lol

Have a pro weld it, or get another trani...

Pro welding it would be around 100 bucks, (heck I dont know..)

new trani, 300 bucks...

doubt you'll find just the tail piece for sale..

You decide!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.