Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody..fun run Sunday? SF Valley, Santa Clarita
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mike D.
I haven't had time to get the car out in over a month and I'm having withdrawls. Just wondering if anyone has planned on going out this Sunday or maybe wants to get together and warm up the oil. biggrin.gif If not I'll just go myself, Bouquet Cyn., Spunky Cyn. Lake Hughs RD., or maybe the other direction...if I'm alone I'll make it a poker run then I'll be sure to WIN! laugh.gif

I checked the weather and it says rain Sat. and Sun for Sunday...
Howard
Have I ever missed one of these? I'm in, but don't want to do Lockwood Valley again until it stops snowing up there. My place (Mulholland) or yours, just let me know.
Allan
What kind of elevations are we talking about?

My car is running a little rich as it is and I don't have any jets to swap out...
2-OH!
I would like to go but the tub is still on a dolly getting ready for paint....Guess I could do the Flintstones trick...

2-OH!
gary gartner
Looks like Sunday is open for me---
Mine hasn't been out since decker cyn "Enzo" run a couple weeks ago----
set a time and place and I'm there---- driving.gif
Mike D.
Howard, you were the first person I thought of when the words fun run came to mind. Is that wrong?
I've already talked a couple of others in coming to my place to meet in the am, plus I'd like to see what other people think of this route for maybe a future better planed run.

Allen, SC it at around 1400 ft. You'll have way more elevation just getting here than you would along the route. BTW, there is place here that has jets in all sizes, problem is $5. each, thats $60 if you need mains and idles. Do you know what sizes you want? I can pick some up Sat. so you can have them Sunday. let me know

2-oh, I'll bet there'll be an empty seat for you...

If everyone want to meet at my house around 9 or earlier, I'll get coffee and doughnuts...Then we can start at Lake Hughes RD. and it will probably be about beer3.gif 0-beer 30 about the time we get to that little bar in Bouquet Cyn. where the "Sunday" Bikers go. (they do burgers and such too) It's not a long run but it's fun and I'm sure we can BS our way through it a bit make it take it a little longer. Plus we may have to work on Headrage's car... cool.gif

here's a mapquest of my house, show this to no one and burn it when your done ph34r.gif

let me know what you think Mike D.'s House
Howard
I be dere..

and posted it at the X1/9 site
Mike D.
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 15 2006, 03:38 PM)
I be dere..

are we all friends again? - fine with me I used to be an X1/9 owner...
gary gartner
O K mapquest printed and stowed in a secret compartment-------
I'll be there as long as the sun is out cool.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 15 2006, 03:49 PM)
I be dere..

Don't know, but a few non members were pretty harsh over there. Just an olive branch..
Allan
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 15 2006, 02:38 PM)
Allen, SC it at around 1400 ft. You'll have way more elevation just getting here than you would along the route. BTW, there is place here that has jets in all sizes, problem is $5. each, thats $60 if you need mains and idles. Do you know what sizes you want? I can pick some up Sat. so you can have them Sunday. let me know

I have no idea what's in them now. I got zilch knowledge about carbs.

Got any webber gurus coming? The car is running way rich right now. Fouled a plug after only 20 miles around town.

How hard and how long to swap out jets and tune? I don't want to hang anybody up.

I think it has 35mm vents but that's all I know...
Mike D.
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 15 2006, 04:42 PM)
[/QUOTE]
I have no idea what's in them now. I got zilch knowledge about carbs.

Got any webber gurus coming? The car is running way rich right now. Fouled a plug after only 20 miles around town.

How hard and how long to swap out jets and tune? I don't want to hang anybody up.

I think it has 35mm vents but that's all I know...

Easy to swap, if it's that rich, leave air alone and go down a size or two on jets. Just don't want to go lean. I'll look in the book at whats recomended for 2.7. What ign. are you using? I run a little rich with larger idles but the MSD keeps plugs nice and clean.
Running like that are you sure you want to stray far from home?
If you want to check what you have, Idles are flat head screw at tops of flat bowls, mains are 10mm at bottom, and gas will pour out when you pull the mains. Number is stamped on side.
Allan
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 15 2006, 05:24 PM)
What ign. are you using? I run a little rich with larger idles but the MSD keeps plugs nice and clean.

If you want to check what you have, Idles are flat head screw at tops of flat bowls, mains are 10mm at bottom, and gas will pour out when you pull the mains. Number is stamped on side.

Stock ignition. And I have AAA... biggrin.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 15 2006, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 15 2006, 05:24 PM)
What ign. are you using? I run a little rich with larger idles but the MSD keeps plugs nice and clean.

Stock ignition. And I have AAA... biggrin.gif

Well, all right, see you there...
dekman
Com'on Howard ...Lockwood Caynon was cool!...where can you go and drive thru rain, snow, dirt roads, river streams, and curvey roads and not be in a european rally? How 'bout a map of the route anyone? driving.gif
Mike D.
Route map -
Allan
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 16 2006, 02:49 PM)
Route map -

So we are gonna take the whole route in the dirt right next to the road? biggrin.gif
Mac
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 15 2006, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 15 2006, 03:49 PM)
I be dere..

Don't know, but a few non members were pretty harsh over there. Just an olive branch..

I can't speak for "everyone" officially but I do believe at this point the huge majority of the forum users are over "it" one way or another.

There's basically 3 camps as far as I can tell...

The many who think your forum may have a few bad apples but that most 'teeners' are perfectly ok guys just like "us" biggrin.gif

The some who don't really care about the whole "thing" either way and just came to talk shop wink.gif

The few who are still probably thinking that intro wasn't too cool dry.gif but are all bound to stop sweating it before too long

At least speaking for myself I can say I've spoken with enough of you here in your own forum to be convinced you're generally a pretty good group of folks and not that different from Xheads really, just a different car, and a different atmosphere in your forum, but overall just a bunch of passionate car nuts like us!
driving.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 16 2006, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 16 2006, 02:49 PM)
Route map -

So we are gonna take the whole route in the dirt right next to the road? biggrin.gif

hey, I'm new to PhotoShop 7.whatever - I coudn't find the opacity control. smash.gif

dekman
Since Howard has His "road"(Mulholland) and now Mike has His "road"(Hughes)....can I have a "road" too? Pleeeease? Thanks for the map Mike.....Start/breakfast where?(Time...9:14 am of course). (Hey, what was the deal with the X1/9 site guys...or maybe I shouldn't ask?) cool_shades.gif
Allan
Mike, check your pm's... wink.gif
Howard
QUOTE (dekman @ Mar 16 2006, 05:08 PM)
Since Howard has His "road"(Mulholland) and now Mike has His "road"(Hughes)....can I have a "road" too? Pleeeease? Thanks for the map Mike.....Start/breakfast where?(Time...9:14 am of course). (Hey, what was the deal with the X1/9 site guys...or maybe I shouldn't ask?) cool_shades.gif

OK, Rob.
With my great and munificent powers as Grand Pooba, I Knight thee Sir Robert of Lockwood. Rule with a gentle hand, and stop chasing Ducati’s. You will be responsible for the April event, tell Linda I’ll be there right after you leave. biggrin.gif

Mike, Krispy Kremes at 9:14?

Back to the X1/9 group, according to their map there are only 12 members in SoCal, and I don’t think they get together too often.
Dave Bell
Of all the weekends to pick Mike.

I will be on a "fun run"... the LA Marathon... while you guys are tooling around in my back yard...

- Dave

Guess I should call you Mike... I have been out 2 of the last 3 weekends running around in hills by myself.... in the 914 that is...
Allan
Well while we are tromping through yer roses I think that at least "Z" could show.

Even with his ass heavy 911....
Mike D.
Krispy Kremes at 9:14 -
Good deal Howard, I'll get some and have coffee too.

does anyone need directions? or is the map quest link good?

Weather man still says, Sun for Sunday! smile.gif
dekman
Can't find Krispy Kreme.....where is it? Address? screwy.gif
Howard
QUOTE (dekman @ Mar 16 2006, 09:00 PM)

MIKE'S HOUSE!!!
Click here, Doctor.
Howard
icon_bump.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 16 2006, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (dekman @ Mar 16 2006, 09:00 PM)

MIKE'S HOUSE!!!
Click here, Doctor.

OK, you caught me, there is no KK in SC. However, The Vons receives fresh Krispy Kream dounuts every morning, and I plan to be there at 7am to help get them off the delivery truck smile.gif and I got the jumbo coffee maker from a buddy...

Howard, how do like your coffee? Just like your women, huh? laugh.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 17 2006, 12:55 PM)
Howard, how do like your coffee? Just like your women, huh? laugh.gif

Yup. Old and bitter.
Allan
Just stopped by AAA and got myself upgraded to the "PLUS" program.

It's only about 70 miles from here to Mikes place so I got a guaranteed ride home... biggrin.gif
Allan
Anybody else gonna join in?

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
drew365
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 17 2006, 08:04 PM)
Anybody else gonna join in?

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Thinking about it. I have a big helping of endless house remodel on my plate this weekend, so I'm not sure. I did print out the map in hopes I can make it.
dekman
Sebring.....diesels....914 with a diesel? No, that would be wrong...very wrong. Save a chocolate donut for me! Got Milk? driving.gif
Mike D.
Chocolate - got cha... smile.gif

Mac
Back to the X1/9 group, according to their map there are only 12 members in SoCal, and I don’t think they get together too often.

That user map is very misleading. We haven't had it up that long to begin with, and even at that, a ton of our users just haven't seemed to bother with it for whatever reason. For example we have a known 100+ members in the PNW region alone and yet there are only about half a dozen who have put themselves on the map... go figure
Mike D.
Weather still says Sun for tomorrow, OK it says sun and clouds, But no Rain smilie_pokal.gif - See ya'll in the am...
Anyone need directions or anything?
Howard
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Mar 18 2006, 07:25 PM)
Weather still says Sun for tomorrow, OK it says sun and clouds, But no Rain smilie_pokal.gif - See ya'll in the am...
Anyone need directions or anything?

Hey Mike, I bet the second time we go to your house it's easy, but mapquest is giving me 3 pages of turns biggrin.gif

old road-rye cyn-copper hill-seco cyn-paragon-crookshank-sumner-barcotta-clark.

WTF.gif Send up a flare at 9:14
Howard
And '*' isn't coming. Now that he's an admin, he's too good for us. flipa.gif
dekman
Howard...try "Google Maps"...I think it works better! Happy Birthday! So your how old??? 82? piratenanner.gif
Mike D.
yeah there's alot of turns. and probably 5 different ways to get here. here's one but it's a big zig zag

5n exit Magic mountian
right
magic mountian to Mc Bean
left
Mc Bean to Decoro
right
decoro to Seco Cyn
left
Seco to Pamplico
right
pamplico to carnegie
left
carnegie to Barcotta
right
barcotta to clark
left

look for 914s biggrin.gif
Allan
Hey Mike,

PM me your number in case something happens.
Mike D.
Just got back, 7 cars in all - a good time had by all - at Howards expense of course laugh.gif - Dekman and Headrage drove the farthest to get here so hopfully they'll make it home before any of the dark clouds open up.
It was sunny and cool when we set out, then more and more clouds started coming in. No rain, but it did get colder. Chuck got some great pics he'll post later.

Thanks to all who came out just to keep me from having to drive aroung alone. beerchug.gif

Allan
smilie_pokal.gif Just got back. Made it with only a brake issue, but that's for another thread.

Great day, good roads, nice cars and nice people.

Can't wait to do it again...

BTW, a good running 2.7 is a blast to drive...
olav
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Allan
Alot of pictures were taken. I'm waiting for my camera to charge.
Allan
a
Allan
b
Allan
c
MattR
damn howie, did you lower your car since the last time i saw it? i dont remember the ass dragging on the ground...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.