JeffBowlsby
Will this bolt to a 901? confused24.gif

Britain Smith
This exhaust system is wicked!

user posted image

tdgray
OMFG I couldn't imagine blink.gif
brp914
whodunnit? Oh Excellence - helloooooo!!!!
kevgentile
last year when i purchased my widebody kit from roger sheridan he told me that paul tracey contacted him. tracey had 3 917 engines and wanted to put one into a 914 and use his body work. not sure if there was any further development. tracey definately has the money and the resources.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (kevgentile @ Mar 18 2006, 03:17 PM)
last year when i purchased my widebody kit from roger sheridan he told me that paul tracey contacted him. tracey had 3 917 engines and wanted to put one into a 914 and use his body work. not sure if there was any further development. tracey definately has the money and the resources.

I could make it fit.... idea.gif
Andyrew
I bet it would fit.

The rear suspension would be moved back, because the trani would have to go back a LOT...Unless of course you lengthened the engine compartment..
soloracer
Wow! I just took a look at the specifications on those engines from 917 stats. Over 600 hp normally aspirated. Over 1100 hp turbocharged! What are those things worth? Anyone have a reference? My guess is 50K at least each.
DBCooper
That's ironic, all that fine and expensive german metal on a cheap Chinese Harbor Freight engine stand.
sean_v8_914
I cant stop looking at them. it's like Monterey in 1998 again. WOW. what a great opportunity to see them in person.
that is one of the finest collections of mechanical erotica... wub.gif
JeffBowlsby
Well I dont know if the flat 12 would fit, but the factory did put in the 908 in two cars....and I'll bet it would bolt right up.... idea.gif

Hey we even know of the perfect prototype chassis it could be mounted too.... ohmy.gif

Howard
Heard a 917 run? Sounds like some 914's.

about 200 of 'em in a tunnel wacko.gif No way that could run at Laguna today..
MattR
QUOTE (soloracer @ Mar 18 2006, 05:51 PM)
My guess is 50K at least each.

I bet you could buy a piston set and distributor cap with that much, and have enough left over to treat yourself to some Taco Bell.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 18 2006, 10:01 PM)

I bet you could buy a piston set and distributor cap with that much, and have enough left over to treat yourself to some Taco Bell.

i bet close to 300k
alpha434
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 18 2006, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 18 2006, 10:01 PM)

i bet close to 300k

Yeah. I "speculate" that the engine is worth as much as the whole car.

And the distributor caps only go for 2500 each. The special sparkplug wires and the platinum plugs are the REAL expensive pieces. They cost a thousand bucks to replace a few times each season IN '75!!!
EdwardBlume
If my 914 had one of those motors in it, I'd never park it, and I'd sleep less than 10 feet away with a shotgun.
carreraguy
Interesting thread on the aircooled 911 Bird Board about the recovery of a bunch of missing and recovered Vasek Polak engines (including 917's) that will be on display at a charity event next weekend at Pelican hdqtrs - wish I was closer; I'd go for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.