Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guys in PDX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rhodyguy
it looked like some pretty wild weather rolled thru van/pdx yest. bet it was interesting.

k
Porsche Rescue
Looks good today. Come on down Kevin, $25, we don't register until noon, driver's meeting at 12:45, in the infield pits.
rhodyguy
thanks jim. not this time. another road trip to eureka coming up next weekend. sparing the car.

k

Porsche Rescue
Something about youth. I was embarassed when Gerry "Pup" Hunt had a better time than I did. Then I noticed that he beat his dad too and I didn't feel so bad!
This is one of 'em, my camera not good enough to pic up the number. The new motor moves the car very well.
J P Stein
I've been home for 10 minutes and the pics are already up on the club. Thanks to Jim for letting me borrow his car for about 159 seconds. biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Dad's hanging his head. I got my ass handed to me. Luckily he didn't rub it in. He had 160 miles to do it in.

The kid is hooked.
DNHunt
He only got it backwards twice. Both times on cold tires. Godd way to learn. Here he is with Gary Chapman as his instructor. J P got a piece of him later.
DNHunt
He had a great time on the skid pad. That is not smoke that's flour they used to chalk the course.
DNHunt
Here he is after his first run. It was something like 63 seconds. His last one was 54 and change. He clipped the second to last cone. TTOD was somewhere around 50 I think so not bad. I had a 56 and 2 DNF's.

Dave
sixnotfour
happy go lucky 16 year old ,start messin with him ,if you'r gonna drive your gonna have to pay half , for tires , gas and oil , nobody drives for free laugh.gif
looks like you had fun. smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
I gotta appologize to you & your son for only gettin' you 3 runs each. We got shafted on time & I'm not sure how/why......but it won't happen again. The unexpectedly large turn-out didn't help along with a course that, while a hoot, didn't support running 2 cars at once very well.

Despite shooting ourselves in the foot at every turn, I still had fun.......it wasn't looking too promising at a couple of points there. .....I *think* I only went balisitc once w00t.gif

Fortunately, Jim's 914 let me take out my aggressions on some cones....then all was well with the world. biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
JP, I want to say Thank You for getting Shelly thru the course. smilie_pokal.gif It made her day to finally be able to "SEE" the course. She said you had a very calm way of describing where to turn & when. I'm sure she will be back for the next ones.
I just wished I would have caught that lug nut that was stripped Saturday.... shitdamhell! mad.gif

.....b
Porsche Rescue
JP managed 4th overall in my car. Guess he can drive afterall.
BKLA
Good job all!

Sounds like every one had a good time... I am sorry that I missed it! My son races karts and Pats Acres had their opening race date Sunday. We went out around 11:00 to see the newly revised track. Part of turn four was undermined by the pudding river this winter, necessitating a change. The sweeping left hander is now two lefts with a short straight (50'-75') between. The revision also changed the straight into turn five.

Its about 2 seconds slower based on the times we saw. (short course)

The long course has a new bypass allowing a fast chicane at the long course turn 7 - big brass ones required to do it flat - river is still on the outside!

I'll post a sketch if anyone is interested.
BKLA
sketch below:
DNHunt
Hey JP

No need to appologize. We had a great time. I always look forward to coming down and running with you guys. Gerry was asking when the next AX is on the way home.

Dave
J P Stein
Here's a neat pic I just got.
Figured I'd share.
Bruce Allert
That's a great shot smilie_pokal.gif I thought that building was locked up... damn.

.......b
J P Stein
We went and laid out the Parade auto cross track this afternoon. .....in sections ....and of course had to prove it out for ...."flow" & what not biggrin.gif Mr. 2T got some track time as the "slow car" & Chuck's 9eleben as the fast car. Times will be in the 1:10-1:30 range depending, I figure. Top speeds around 85-90......in a couple spots.....more for the real hot dogs.

Bring your best HP and your favorite pair of balls as there are no slow corners. The slowest speed will be in the 30 to 20 pace slalom.
That track is smooth as a billiard table. The 1st, 2nd corners & most of a rhythm section (designed to throw you off rhythm, of course) are concrete.
Time for a nap.
brant
4th overall....

dang...
nice job!

looks fun guys!

brant
J P Stein
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Mar 27 2006, 06:15 AM)
She said you had a very calm way of describing where to turn & when.

Well......we had plenty of time.The first time thru the 5 box, I sez don't hit the cone in the middle, just pass lose to it.
The second time we came to the 5 box, I said "pick a hole".....big mistake. laugh.gif
Britain Smith
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Mar 27 2006, 10:29 PM)
We went and laid out the Parade auto cross track this afternoon. .....in sections ....and of course had to prove it out for ...."flow" & what not biggrin.gif Mr. 2T got some track time as the "slow car" & Chuck's 9eleben as the fast car. Times will be in the 1:10-1:30 range depending, I figure. Top speeds around 85-90......in a couple spots.....more for the real hot dogs.

Bring your best HP and your favorite pair of balls as there are no slow corners. The slowest speed will be in the 30 to 20 pace slalom.
That track is smooth as a billiard table. The 1st, 2nd corners & most of a rhythm section (designed to throw you off rhythm, of course) are concrete.
Time for a nap.

That reminds me. I determined what we need to get the timing system all worked out. All I need is a copy of the JACiruits user manual...if someone has one or can get me a copy that would be great. Do we have money to buy the necessary parts?

-Britain
boxstr
The funny thing is the pic of the two cars on the course is that they both started at the same time, side by side.
That 914 is fast. laugh.gif
CCLINDNF
J P Stein
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Mar 27 2006, 10:36 PM)

That reminds me.  I determined what we need to get the timing system all worked out.  All I need is a copy of the JACiruits user manual...if someone has one or can get me a copy that would be great.  Do we have money to buy the necessary parts?

-Britain

Yes, the money is available.
You need to email Chuck West:

greenweapon@comcast.net

with that request......and do it soon, if you would, as he will be out of town soon. Since we don't own that make of timing device, this could take some doing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.