Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: april 4/8-15 in sea/tac.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
scottb
visiting family and it would be great to meet some of the northwest contingent.

will be staying with my sister and her family in federal way.

i and my family arrive 4/8 and the best time looks to be sunday 4/9. i like the harmon brewery in tacoma if for no other reason than really good beer.

so...who is up for a gathering? suggestions of venues are welcome. would just be great to meet some "non-club" members and get them to buy me a beer! beer.gif

and dave needs to bring out THE VAN ®

cheers,

scott
effutuo101
Keep us posted on your schedule. I am up for it! I will even buy you a beer!
Chris
scottb
sunday 4/9 would be the best (only) day. too many other
'things' to do.....

I am up for it! I will even buy you a beer!

consider it done!!!! aktion035.gif

cheers......

scott
rhodyguy
works for me on the 9th. pick a time.
k
DNHunt
Sounds like fun. I'm in

Dave
Bleyseng
I'm in and can make it for once as I am in town until the 17th or so PLUS I can even drive the 914 to where ever we meet.

So what? there isn't a Hooters in Federal Way yet?
Korijo
QUOTE (scottb @ Mar 22 2006, 04:38 PM)
and dave needs to bring out THE VAN ®

cheers,

scott

aaww mom, do i hafta happy11.gif smoke.gif
nbscooters
damn!!! i was planing on driving up to sea tac for the week too, but im flying up there for the weekend instead. i also don't have time to get my car ready, otherwise i would change my mind. headbang.gif
rhodyguy
a. the bus runs directly from the airport to tacoma and the free street car runs in front of the harmon brewery.

b. bum a ride with geoff. he has to drive pretty close to the airport on the way down.

c. ah...the Harmon Brewery, NOT Hooters. S 25th and pacific ave.

k
Bleyseng
Hooters-6812 Tacoma Mall Blvd.
Tacoma, WA 98409

They have got to have better looking girls than the brewery!
rhodyguy
better photo ops downtown. bring your 914s guys. dino, shane, jim w, mike? you guys in?

k
sportlicherFahrer
icon_bump.gif

If the weather is nice, we can all go down to the waterfront and then through 5-mile Drive. I am up for it, but cant join you guys in the brewery for another couple of months.... sad.gif Guess I will just have to stand on the sidewalk with a cup and start up a 914 build fund to get my car spiffed up and dream of cold beer.
scottb
OK gents....

i will defer to the locals on the proper location. i will be the one arriving in the rental minivan aktion035.gif .

will be staying in fedway so can head north or south depending on the prevailing winds as it were.....

sunday is a go for me so if it works for everyone else, let's go ahead and plan this! will be great to meet some other non-club members.

can someone out west help lead the charge for the locals? anyone? anyone? beuler? beuler?

cheers,

scott
Bleyseng
I think the food and women are better up north in Seattle. Most women here still have their teeth but those Tacoma boys always want to meet down there. finger.gif

I can drive driving.gif to Federal Way or Tacoma barf.gif but we could meet anywhere you prefer Scott. ohmy.gif

Kevin only likes pancake houses anyway jsharp.gif
scottb
I can drive driving.gif to Federal Way or Tacoma barf.gif but we could meet anywhere you prefer Scott. ohmy.gif

doesn't matter to me where we meet. used to live in the area so know my way around a bit so pick a spot.

prefer no pancakes but would take a beer... same kind of components to make both though... yeast, barley, water.... and a burger. on vacation ya know......!

call it lunch? noon time...early enough to break up the day a bit and still dash out later if need be to get shite done?

i know, perfect midpoint is an airport bar!!! mmmmmm.... expensive stuff.....

cheers......

Rocky
Sunday should work for me. beerchug.gif Needs to get my arse out instead of workin. givemebeer.gif

Tim
reverie
Sunday, April 9th... sounds great!

But I can't think of a place to meet.

If we could find something like the Vintage Cafe in Everett, that would be perfect.
Breakfast, lunch, burgers, beer, you can get anything you want.. excepting Alice.
rhodyguy
1pm on the 9th @ the harmon?

k
scottb
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 30 2006, 08:48 AM)
1pm on the 9th @ the harmon?

k

works for me..... beer.gif
KELTY360
I'll be there. Who's going to order the sunshine?

Marc
Bleyseng
Post a map of this place so we non-locals can find it. dry.gif dry.gif
scottb
Harmon Brewery
Bleyseng
Great!

(someone has time on their hands) wink.gif
Eddie914
How about everyone showing up at my garage and stuffing the 3.2 back into the teener.

No cute barmaids though ...

Eddie
Bleyseng
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Mar 30 2006, 07:42 AM)
How about everyone showing up at my garage and stuffing the 3.2 back into the teener.

No cute barmaids though ...

Eddie

just call one of those numbers in the Stranger and have some "Girls" show up. You do that and we'll all be there!

av-943.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I guess if you guys are going to a BAR then I will stand out side and make sure the sun doesn't go away (and the teeners too). I might be up for a little grease under the finger nails too. smash.gif
Rand
Hope I can make it. Maybe some north-enders can caravan? Troy, Dan, Robert, any of you going?

Hey Jim, maybe if you just walk in with a group of us you won't get carded! biggrin.gif Hey, worst case scenario you could be the valet and get to drive everyone's teener AND make a c-note in tips! wink.gif
914werke
GEEZ sad.gif
Every danm time, mad.gif
Ill be in San Deigo headbang.gif
messix
QUOTE (spiritedTreiber @ Mar 30 2006, 10:13 PM)
I guess if you guys are going to a BAR then I will stand out side and make sure the sun doesn't go away (and the teeners too). I might be up for a little grease under the finger nails too. smash.gif

jeez jim the web site says all ages welcome. and your turning 21 soon right.
Bleyseng
I'll bring the LM-1 for show and tell.

Rich, you are always outta town. Worst than me! cool_shades.gif
messix
i wont be able to be there. work day for me. headbang.gif
TeamAxisRacing
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Mar 30 2006, 09:59 PM)

pff your car runs like crap... and now you want to use my new meter i got in the mail. finger.gif

better have some beer3.gif and some jsharp.gif you ......stromberg.gif
ablose58
I'll try and make it as well??? biggrin.gif AL
Bleyseng
QUOTE (TeamAxisRacing @ Mar 31 2006, 02:08 AM)
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Mar 30 2006, 09:59 PM)

pff your car runs like crap... and now you want to use my new meter i got in the mail. finger.gif

better have some beer3.gif and some jsharp.gif you ......stromberg.gif

It came to MY house so finders keepers...... ohmy.gif

Already got the software loaded up and been reading the instruction book. ohmy.gif

Oh, atleast MY 914 isn't on jackstands, wannabe!

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif flipa.gif
rjames
I would love to be there but I already have plans. I'll spend the time in between trying to get out of them so I can show up. smile.gif

Bleyseng
Now that sounds like a plan to get outta the plan. av-943.gif
Solo914
Just an FYI for all you guys, There is a Northwest Region PCA autocross event in Bremerton on April 8th. I wish I could bring out my newly painted new toy but I am going to be out of town.
DNHunt
I'll be at Harmon. I'm unsure on Bremerton. I'm still licking my wounds from Portland.

Dave

Solo914
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Mar 31 2006, 12:03 PM)
I'll be at Harmon. I'm unsure on Bremerton. I'm still licking my wounds from Portland.

Dave

I've been autocrossing my yellow miata for years and have gone to Scca Nationals once. I picked up a 74 1.8 in October and have spent every waking minute since then getting ready to be my daily driver and PCA play car. I was hoping that everything would be ready and I could attend that Bremerton autox next weekend but I will be in eastern washington. One of these days I will get a chance to meet all of the PNW contigent.
Bleyseng
Solo, you will be sadly disappointed in us as we're a bunch of losers. ohmy.gif
DNHunt
Solo, you will be sadly disappointed in us as we're a bunch of losers. ohmy.gif

Geoff

That's kind of tough. We just have room for improvement.

Dave
Rocky
No Dave we are loosers, you and that car have very little room for improvement pray.gif

Personally Im up for anything, ESPECIALLY SUMMER!

Tim
DNHunt
Yikes Rocky

I think that's why they tell you to look ahead.

The car is pretty good it's the driver that needs improvement.

Dave
rhodyguy
should i call and see if we can can get a table for 6? 8? reserved @1?

k
Bleyseng
Is she one of the waitresses??

OMG, I hopeso. clap56.gif
scottb
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 1 2006, 01:08 AM)
should i call and see if we can can get a table for 6? 8? reserved @1?

k

great idea..... smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
DNHunt
hijacked.gif

Gerry and I signed up for the PCA AX at Bremerton Sat April 8. If anyone wants to come out and watch him kick my ass it might make some good entertainment. The only thing left that I can beat him at is golf.

At his first AX in Portland my final instructions were "Don't be a wuss" He proceeded to go out and get the car backwards twice. His last run he beat me by about 2 seconds but got the 2nd to last cone so, we were pretty close on corrected time.

Dave
Bleyseng
Jerry has no fear when it comes to breaking the car! You do as you know how much time and effort plus $$$$ it took to get it done.

Atleast thats what I tell myself when Blair beats me. dry.gif
rhodyguy
who all is showing up tomorrow?

k
sportlicherFahrer
I will be there, rain or shine. After all it IS Washington..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.