smile.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
ChrisFoley
more bumpage
tommy914
Here's a couple of dumb questions.

Are these already pre-bent?
Can they be installed with the motor in the car?
ChrisFoley
smile.gif
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
Lou W
icon_bump.gif
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
indydad
You should have my check by now, and thanks for offering these, it will help a lot.
INDYDAD
spunone
idea.gif icon_bump.gif
Eric_Shea
I'm going to post this same message here as I did on the Resource thread... I need some experienced BTDT's

********************************************************************************

Help me out gang... I want to get this now but I'm not there yet on the car. I need to know exactly what I'll need.

I'm running a 914-6 pump in the front trunk.
I want to run Aeroquip lines (or do I?)
I'm running Weber 40IDA3C's

I think I only need the long line with the -6AN connections. What can be done on the pump end with the -6AN lines? I've seen a Burmos car with them and it looks like they're on a stock pump. confused24.gif

What about the tank fittings? Chris, I imagine you can weld the AN fittings on the tank elbows...? confused24.gif

So for this pump set up, do I have this right?

1 short delivery line through the bulkhead to the pump (-6AN from the modified tank feed to the pump)
1 long line to feed the fuel to the engine compartment (-6AN off the pump to a -6AN in the engine compartment)
1 short return line from the pump through the bulkhead to the tank return (-6AN from the pump to the modified -6AN return feed on the tank)

I think that's it but I still have the question about the -6AN lines and their termination points at the pump and the carbs. Who's BTDT??

Chris, help me price this damn thing out! laugh.gif

Should I just go with standard fittings and use the stock rubber hose connections??
d914
on the race car:

holley red pump w/ conversion to dash six on either side of pump

on the street car:

On the tank, J west has conversion piece to dash six or since my threads where toast had a radiator shop sweat on some conversion pieces that ended in dash six.

Tank, short piece braided or whatever to dash six fitting hard line, hard line through car, soft to pump if in back,pump, dash six to y-block to carbs...

Did I get that right???
Eric_Shea
wacko.gif

laugh.gif

Now I can't find the picture of the GT pump that had the -6 fittings. I'm thinking the factory cloth stuff looks really nice. Especially with the factory clamps...

Hell, I don't know...

Thanks Greg!
spunone
Fellas don't ya need filters screwy.gif
Eric_Shea
kinda goes w/o saying but yeah... filters would be in front of the carbs.
ChrisFoley
smile.gif
ChrisFoley
Last day of the sale.
I'll take mail orders that arrive next week.
sk8kat1
ok I am interested in these lines .. but am not sure what would be involved in the install / swap of the lines -- can any one tell me so that I know if this is something I want to tackle right now

thanks!
Mueller
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Mar 31 2006, 11:06 AM)
ok I am interested in these lines .. but am not sure what would be involved in the install / swap of the lines -- can any one tell me so that I know if this is something I want to tackle right now

thanks!

How to article......
smdubovsky
Maybe I missed the post (but I did do a search), but why is stainless preferable over Al? I know 3/8 Al fuel lines are common in the racing world w/ the little tube nuts that allow an AN fitting to go on the end...

Thanks!
SMD
Mueller
for your "average" 914 or car owner, the more robust-less-easily-to-be-damaged stainless steel would be a better choice....

"real" race cars get inspected on a regular basis....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.