Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberworks Airdam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
Is anyone familiar with Fiberworks? I don't know if I like this airdam or not, but I've been looking for an IMSA inspired airdam and this looks OK in the picture. I'd appreciate your comments on this company, the airdam, or others that you might suggest. (This one seems to stick out a little far to the sides. See website for other pics.) I've got the 916 front end, but really like the IMSA look.
IPB Image

Here is the website of 914 stuff:
http://www.fiberwerks.com/prod01.htm

(According to the site the funky chin spoiler sticking out front is not part of the airdam!!)
VegasRacer
I don't know anything about Fiberworks. I run a similar IMSA style air dam on my car.
(photos in 'Members Pictures' & 'Best Avatar' threads)
Do you need the brake cooling ducts or have a front oil cooler?
VARA and HSR will not let you run a 'splitter' on a 914.
mharrison
I haven't decided where I'm placing the oil cooler yet. I've been thinking of placing it under the rear trunk somewhere and adding a cooling fan with thermostat.

And you always need cooler brakes right?????
SirAndy
QUOTE(mharrison @ Sep 12 2003, 03:14 PM)
I haven't decided where I'm placing the oil cooler yet. I've been thinking of placing it under the rear trunk somewhere

i would mount it in the front. you need air-flow!
under the trunk won't cut it, even with a fan, all you do is blow hot air over a hot "cooler" ...

didn't we just have a long thread about that topic?
Andy
Jeroen
Call me rice boy, but I like the styling of the Fiberwerks front bumper
No personal experience with them though...

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Sep 12 2003, 04:35 PM)
Call me rice boy, but I like the styling of the Fiberwerks front bumper

RICE BOY laugh.gif
Jeroen
ok, I had that coming...
finger.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
Rice Boy, again!
Why do they call it an IMSA? The old school IMSA dam is different than than one.

Paul
campbellcj
I kind of like that front dam too. I didn't think it would "go" with my otherwise stock-bodied car though, so I went with a more conventional design.

FWIW I am pretty sure the splitter (horizontal appendage on the bottom) is a separate, optional part. Most of the race orgs will ding you for that or prohibit it completely. Usually they want the entire spoiler to be inside the vertical plane of the stock bumpers, i.e. nothing can stick forward (or back, in the case of the rear spoilers) very far.
Evill Ed
The pic in the first post is from Limerock, it says POA on the other side. Is there a POA on the East Coast? I thought it was only on the West Coast?

Any info on joining POA?

Thanks,
Ed
URY914
POA does or did have a group in south Florida. It was the first one outside of the west coast. And I think there was one started in the Carolinas.

They have a website.

Paul
Racer
It's not actually "POA" but I think "PDA" which is on the east coast (and west?) and is a multi-marque club.
benny
I have this airdam. I thought it was the best looking option. To my eye, a lot of front end treatments look dated, this one looks modern. I'm trying to fit an oil cooler and air conditioning condenser. The car is far from complete, but we're having fun building it.

Fiberwerks is a 1 person operation. Their specialty is 944 products. They were exceptionally nice to deal with. They have a rear bumper in the works, but no date.

They also have the entire stock of pulleys for one of the two air conditioning vendors (bought out when the business failed). They will sell you a pulley for $20-30, I think (no memory).

As with any other aftermarket fiberglass part for this car, some fitment is required. If you have specific questions, let me know.

Thanks.
jonwatts
agree.gif

I also have this front bumper / airdam. I need the openings for my radiator and this it will look good with the glass fenders I got from HPH. Karl at Fiberwerks is a nice guy, good to deal with and gave an accurate estimate on time since parts are made to order.

He told me they sell a lot of these nose pieces to Renegade Hybrids, which makes sense to me.
fuch toy
My T-IV cooling cowls came from Fiberwerks....nice guy.
Air_Cooled_Nut
I do NOT like this airdam...looks like a copy of the ones all the Hon-duh and Mitsu kids slap on their cars barf.gif With so much open space why even run it? It doesn't even look aerodynamic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.