Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oficial "restoration" thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(gopack @ Sep 11 2006, 09:53 AM) *

Unfortuanately this will be a 30k car by the time I am done with it, nd for all I know it may have a bus motor with 60 HP!? i thought i had 2 liter porsche heads cause i could only feel 3 studs when i bought the car, but it turns out i had 4 stud intake manifolds and heads with one stud removed. I guess that explains the intake leak popping on deceleration!

60HP?? well, with the big meat tires the flares enable the car will handle like nobody's business so you won't ever need to touch the brake pedal biggrin.gif biggrin.gif just keep your foot in it all the time icon_bump.gif

Return On Investment (ROI) - (Fun to Drive, Look at, Own) * (Years added to life Due to copious amount of pleasure) / Total money spent......

laugh.gif
gopack
thanks for the encouragement brian! you are right of course! now to have that talk with my wife.......
gopack
Well, I talked to the wife, and she says (correctly) that if the money is gone, then the work MUST stop. We are already over budget on this phase of the project. I want a different answer, but I am NOT about to use a redit card and carry the balance with interest!
So, I just called my body shop and said HALT. he is going to go talk to the guy doing the work and see if we can get to an easy (and sensible) stopping point with out spending too much more.
I am so bummed hanged.gif about this, but at least I can bring it home and start the mechanical assembly part.
gopack
Well the guy at the body shop called. He kept the guy on it and on the clock all day yesterday, and he will finish the little things liek seat brackets, small pinholes in front of floor pan, and gettign the bottom of the car undercoated today OFF THE CLOCK!!!!!!
Then i can pick it up, and start on the re_assembly at least. I think I will give painting the trunks and passenger compartment a shot as well. gotta do what i can do to get it going, and learnig to lay down a little color can't be that hard can it?

Any way i will be pickign it up next weekend (23rd I guess) and starting the long raod back to car-dom boldblue.gif beer.gif boldblue.gif beer3.gif boldblue.gif beerchug.gif boldblue.gif
BKLA
Just read through your entire thread while waiting for a vendor to get here. smiley_notworthy.gif

You are an inspiration. I am in a similar situation with our 2.0. (In storage, awaiting funds to do rust repair/complete repaint.) Please keep the photos and stories coming with your progress.

Great job and don't be discouraged!
gopack
Well, here we are.
The car is back in my garage. I have been very happy with te work of the body shop so far.
Since I have gotten detail pictures of the high mounted third brake light, and there was some interest, I wnated to show those pics here:
first they cut out a section of the targa bar top center rear lip.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

then they boxed in the top and back of the slot cut out for the ligh. if you look you can see the welded nuts for the mounting screws

IPB Image

then they completed the box by welding in the end peices

IPB Image

IPB Image

then test fit the light

IPB Image

IPB Image

pic with the top on. unfortunately the top hangs over a little now that I have deleted the targa bar trim

IPB Image
gopack
Then we noticed the rear trunk hingehad been repaired poorly by the DAPO, so we did it right

DAPO repair:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

and repaired PROPERLY!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

hard to see in these pics, but if you notice the entire engine compartment has been undercoated. in the first picture you can see the paper coverd coil of wire that was run for the brake light
gopack
then the final work:

cut holes for the Pilot driving lights

IPB Image

assembled car. pilots , hood, doors and fr bunper mounted

IPB Image

fuel tank area undercoated (the body guy who worked on the entire project is a Karmen Ghia guy)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Various undercoat shots

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

As always all pics are on my photobucket acount, jsut search for gopack42 if interedted. if you need to see anything in detail, just ask. if I am home, i will take a pic and post it for ya
JPB
Nice work Radioactive Man!!! smilie_pokal.gif

beer.gif Hope your child making days are past and your have many 914 driving days ahead.
gopack
Life dictates the end of my 914 dream. car is for sale. Please be kind to a poor dreamer!
for sale ad
ptravnic
I'm truly sorry for your loss...
gopack
Thanks... it is just the nature of life. money is indeed the god of our times!

My loss will become someone elses STEAL!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.