Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferdinand
Does anyone know of a shop in the San Francisco Bay Area that flow tests and cleans fuel injectors? Thanks
mightyohm
No, but I just had a dozen or so injectors cleaned and tested at Cruzin Performance for $12 ea. The process took about 2 weeks but you can't beat the price, and they come with new o rings (both small and large!!).

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/
zymurgist
I'd like to second the recommendation for Cruzin Performance. I sent 4 injectors to Rich... 3 of the 4 2.0 injectors were stuck closed. He fixed and flow tested them and I got them back pretty quick.
BMartin914
I recently sent 6 280zx injectors out to witchhunter performance (www.witchhunter.com) in Bothell, WA for $15 each. They cleaned, flowtested and replaced the seals on each injector. Sent them out Wed., they got them Fri., I had them back on Mon. Shipping is free with 6 or more injectors - $10 for 5 or fewer.
Rotary'14
Shipping is free with 6 or more injectors - $10 for 5 or fewer.

Actually shipping is free for 4 injectors on up. $10 for 3 or less.
I just had 4 sent back from them as well too.

-Robert
BMartin914
QUOTE (Rotary'14 @ Mar 26 2006, 12:14 PM)
Shipping is free with 6 or more injectors - $10 for 5 or fewer.

Actually shipping is free for 4 injectors on up. $10 for 3 or less.
I just had 4 sent back from them as well too.

-Robert

My bad. Got confused. Even better for those of us in the 4 cylinder crowd.

They do good work don't they? I noticed a significant improvement.
yarin
Add me to the list of satisfied customers of CruzinPerformance. They give post your results on the web and send u a link. Excellent service and turn around time. great price too.
Ferdinand
Thanks a million!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
blitZ
Partial hijacked.gif ...

I think I iwll try these injector cleaning services soon. Any trick to getting the injectors out? I did a search didn't see any notes.

yarin
Here is the data from my injector service.

Removing the injectors is pretty simple. Pull the connector, remove the fuel clamp, remove fuel hose, remove nut on injector bracket. Injector will fall out.

Of course you might want to drain the fuel out of the system first. You could try disconnecting the supply side after the fuel pump.

Good luck. Do NOT do this in a closed unventilated garage. Make sure any electrical spark sources are shut down (ie: compressor, furnace, garage door opener, etc).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.