Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KUMHO 710'S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
When youz guys get this worked out, lemmeno....but make it quick cause I gotta run again next month biggrin.gif

Personally, I'm working on making my car comfortable to drive & getting the ability to run quickly in the first 3 runs......tires up to temp or no.

This last weekend, all 3 runs were within .8 sec & good for 4th OA (of 77), I think...in a car I'd never driven before... so I'm making progress. The tires were "room temperature" when I was done.....maybe 50 deg ambient & snake snot for a traction surface. It was the same for everybody. Was there more in the car?....well hell yeah, I ain't the Pro from Dover. laugh.gif
jhadler
Well, tire temps asside and all that. What it all boils down to is comfort. If you're comfortable with the way a car handles, you will drive better than if you're not comfortable. Propper temps, or pressures, or not. Set up the car to where you're most comfortable, and you'll find the speed.

But if you want the absolute most out of the tires, you need to do what the temps tell you...

-Josh2
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Mar 29 2006, 06:40 PM)

When youz guys get this worked out, lemmeno....but make it quick cause I gotta run again next month biggrin.gif

You would not think that a simple a thing as driving a little car thru a parking lot could be so friggin' complicated. unsure.gif

I've always thought of autocrossing as being very much like pole-vaulting.

In both you have to have total focus and perfect form, executed in a perfect manner with-in but a split second of time. An ungodly brief marriage of mental & physical perfection. It ain't natural. Excuse me for waxing poetic. biggrin.gif

What tire pressure have we decided? wacko.gif biggrin.gif

jhadler
QUOTE (Joseph Mills @ Mar 29 2006, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Mar 29 2006, 06:40 PM)

You would not think that a simple a thing as driving a little car thru a parking lot could be so friggin' complicated. unsure.gif

I've always thought of autocrossing as being very much like pole-vaulting.

In both you have to have total focus and perfect form, executed in a perfect manner with-in but a split second of time. An ungodly brief marriage of mental & physical perfection. It ain't natural. Excuse me for waxing poetic. biggrin.gif

What tire pressure have we decided? wacko.gif biggrin.gif

Joe, that is freakin' poetry! Mind if I use that?

My favorite line about autox is no where as eloquent. But it does capture another aspect of the sport...

"Autocross is a lot like picking your nose. It feels great while you're doing it, but no one really want to watch..." laugh.gif

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.