Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: camber issue or just too low ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
I am finishing up replacing a lot of parts on my front end and .. before I button it all back up I want to see if I have another issue here...

both my front tire are a lot more worn on the inside edges of the tires

out side edges are darn near new ....

I am wondering is this a camber issue ..
also the car sits what I am considering real low .... my jack sits 5" high and it is about 1/2 to 3/4 " shorter at the edge of the pan by the front wheel well ... I don't have the bumpsteer spacers on the car either .. any thoughts ..?
jhadler
Toe generally effects wear more than camber. If you have any kind of toe out on the front, that will ewear out those inside edges pretty quicky. If you have a fair bit of negative camber, and have a lot of miles on those tires, then it might be more camber related.

But toe will effect wear much more rapidly than camber will...

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
100% agree.gif
and 5" ain't too low. biggrin.gif My car rides at 4" on streets and 3 7/8" on race tires
brant
But if you lowered your car without getting it realigned... that is most likely the reason your tires are wearing out.

you have to get all 4 wheels aligned.

brant
sk8kat1
ok alignment is in the works from other front end work being done...so should I buy new tires to driveon to get the alginment or should I get the alginment 1st then the tires ... the only alginment shop near by is about an hour and a half away

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.