Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New valve lifters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
Got my new engine back from Fat Performance a few weeks ago. Installed it, drove 20 miles and guess what? Bad lifters. Removed engine took it back to Fat and they had to tear the whole thing down again and install new lifters. Bad lifters were supplied by Scat and the new ones are Johnson. I got the thing back in the car now and it seems to run really great. (Fingers crossed). It's a 2.2 now with 44ida Webers. I bought the car on e-bay last year, took care of a few rust spots and I am finally getting to drive it. Everything is new except the tranny which works great. What a blast to drive!
Thanks to Brad, DD and a few others this has been a great experience. It's great to post a question and have a good answer sometimes in a matter of minutes. To the folks in So. Cal. (Orange County) if you see a black 73 with a really crappy paint job, that's me.
Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
To the folks in So. Cal. (Orange County) if you see a black 73 with a really crappy paint job, that's me.
Cheers, Elliot

no- thats me! .... were in the exact same boat (minus engine ) lol2.gif
URY914
"On the road again...." clap56.gif
Willie Nelson
Charles Deutsch
CB Peformance sells lightweight lifters for the 914 as well as regular ones . Btw, what's the difference between Weber 44 IDF carbs and 44 IDA carbs?
Elliot_Cannon
Oops, my mistake. I just checked my shop list and mine are actually IDFs. I haven't got a clue what the difference is.
Cheers, Elliot
seanery
there was a thread recently that got into this. IIRC it has to do with chokes? IDA don't have 'em.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.