Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Sawzall parties happening??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I need a section of both longitudinals...

If there is a sawzall party happening soon...please let me know.

Rich
rmital
check with pek771, a 914cluber from North Jersey. He recently cut up a roller.
rhcb914
Rich,

Which sections do you need? I have a section with the right rear suspension mount. It looked like there was a repair done but was still pretty solid so I kept it.

I can take some pics if your interested

-Rob
r_towle
From about 12 inches in front of the jack point to as far back as you have it.

Rich
rmital
currently fixing same area....but just around the jacking point.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (r_towle @ Mar 29 2006, 08:51 AM)
I need a section of both longitudinals...

If there is a sawzall party happening soon...please let me know.

Rich

Yup Barry and I are getting ready to cut up a "racer roller".
The longs as I remember them were sorta reinforced with a seam welded plate. so spot welds in the middle.

We intend to photograph al the good panels this weekend and then take orders for week. then what is not spoken for will go into a dumpster.

Raymond. is that piece of metal a doubler plate of a replacement for a section you cut out?

I did this to the racer. 16 ga doubler plate with numerous spot welds and seam welds. from the middle of the door all the way back to the suspension console. Wrapped under and matched the last little 3/8" bend at the bottom. I also deleted the jack reciever as I saw it as a week point.
rmital
we cut out all the bad stuff around the jacking point. Then plated over the area. Then seam welded. I don't know if that would qualify as a "doubler plate". I not sure of the terminology.

Cutting out the rusted metal and replacing the piece in kind with a butt weld was outta our skill level.

....seems to be working out okay....
Joe Ricard
Sorry Doubler plate is just that.... double the thickness of the metal. ala. Engman kit for longitudinals. I put spot welds every 4-6 inches to bond the plate to the original body panel.

Ship repair terminology wink.gif
drewvw

Rich I live in mass and have a sawzall. Just let me know if you want to buy a 914 parts car and cut it up some weekend!

rmital
Looking forward to driving her soon, without the fear of cracking in half.

Working on it now.....I just put one side of the car on jack stands. We were a little concerned of the stuctural integrity. Didn't want to do more damage than that was there.

I hope I'm not screwing up the suspension on the other side. See pic below.

rmital
hijacked.gif

sorry for the hijack.....
pek771
Rich:
I do indeed have some longs lying around, plus a bunch of RD stiffeners and replacement parts. If rmital doesn't need them, let me know what you're looking for.
Pat
r_towle
pm sent
r_towle
Just trying to Get PEK771 to see this and check his PM's

Rich
pek771
Rih: Sent you a PM. Sorry, I got distracted by work, of all things.
Pat
rmital
QUOTE (pek771 @ Mar 30 2006, 06:46 PM)
I got distracted by work, of all things

huh.gif come on.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.