Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay Breakfast - 04/15/06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
watsonrx13
Well, it's time to have another Tampa Bay breakfast..... chowtime.gif

Offical time is Sat, Apr. 15 at 9:14 am .......... Place, Cracker Barrel off of I-4, exit 10, north side

I'll update this with the list of attendees, so if you're interested, please post.

BTW, you don't have to drive your teener, just show up and we'll talk cars.

Please let me know the names in your party....

Attendees:
Rob and Robin (watsonrx13)
Paul (URY914)
Brett (iiibdsiil)
Quilmes (Quilmes)
Robb (VeeDubGTI)
Donnie (dweymer)
Josh (jhadler)
Glen and Jackie (greyhound)
Karl (Qarl)
TC (carr914)
Doug (ein_6er)
Kevin (KevinP)

-- Rob
URY914
I'm in and I'll bring my car.

Maybe we can go across the street to that truckstop and we can drive my car around laugh.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 29 2006, 04:16 PM)
I'm in and I'll bring my car.

Maybe we can go across the street to that truckstop and we can drive my car around laugh.gif

Oh yea... got to have the 'beast'. This will be the first public TBB showing for the Raby built engine.... rocking nana.gif
iiibdsiil
I should be there. My schedule looks open.
Quilmes
Hey guys, I will see if I can make it I might be going down to Homestead for a Safe motor sport event with my 914.

Thanks
Quilmes
VeeDubGTI
See you there!

If I can get a tag on the teener by then, I'll drive it over..
dweymer
I may be able to make it, won't know until that week though
jhadler
In a very strange twist of fate, I might actually be able to make it too...

Yeah, we will possibly be visiting familly in Clearwater that weekend....

I'll stay tuned to this chanel...

-Josh2
army dude
Well , I will be there in spirit. I have a good excuse though. But , the May breakfast I will be there. Lookin forward to it. See ya'll soon!

Ian in Iraq

41 days till stateside
47 days till driving burnout.gif burnout.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE (army dude @ Mar 30 2006, 02:07 AM)
Well , I will be there in spirit. I have a good excuse though. But , the May breakfast I will be there. Lookin forward to it. See ya'll soon!

Ian in Iraq

41 days till  stateside
47 days till driving burnout.gif  :burnout:

Ian, I'm definately planning a May breakfast/meeting just for you to meet everyone in the Tampa Bay area...

Keep your head down and look forward to meeting you in May...

-- Rob
watsonrx13
2 week icon_bump.gif
watsonrx13
1 week icon_bump.gif
Qarl
I will try and come with the Lotus. smile.gif
URY914
QUOTE (Qarl @ Apr 7 2006, 04:50 PM)
I will try and come with the Lotus. smile.gif

Try hard... biggrin.gif
watsonrx13
2 day notice icon_bump.gif
Joe Ricard
Rob, don't you sleep? it was 2 in the freaking morning when you posted. drunk.gif maybe?

Not but a few things that will keep me up at that time of night.

1. night autocross
2. Well use your imagination. laugh.gif
URY914
I'm in (still)
watsonrx13
Nope, I posted at 6:04 am right after I got to work, your clock must be off.... laugh.gif

-- Rob

Joe Ricard
Rob, don't you sleep? it was 2 in the freaking morning when you posted. maybe?

Not but a few things that will keep me up at that time of night.

1. night autocross
2. Well use your imagination.
carr914
I'll be there

T.C.
URY914
T.C.,
Did you get the PM I sent ya?

Maybe the PM's aren't working yet?
watsonrx13
About damn time you chimed in.... w00t.gif

-- Rob

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 13 2006, 01:54 PM) *

I'll be there

T.C.

ein 6er
rob,

i should be able to make it.

doug
watsonrx13
Hope everyone is having a Good Friday, see ya'll tomorrow....

-- Rob
KevinP
Rob,
I'll be there too. Of coarse, teenerless no doubt! Things are still on track with the car. I'm still looking to get rid of six motor- need room in the shop. flag.gif

KP
ein 6er
anybody got a pair of working horns they want to get rid of?

kevin, what motor have you got?

doug
dweymer
I may have a horn, I will check.

Question: Kids yea or nea? 4yo and 2yo?

iiibdsiil
Hey guys, it was great to see everyone. I had a good time, got to check out Rob's new work area, got to check out Qarl's Elise, and even managed to give my phone number to the blonde hostess.

How about a 914 dinner next time... Ya'll are killing me with this getting up at 8 am to get there stuff. screwy.gif Just kidding...
watsonrx13
Thanks everyone for another great TBB.... Here's some pics....

First mine...

watsonrx13
Paul Woodbury's race car....

watsonrx13
TC's blue /6
watsonrx13
Doug's original silver /6
watsonrx13
Karl's modern day version of the 914....

BTW, thanks Karl for letting me drive your.... mueba.gif

watsonrx13
Here's a shot after breakfast. Starting on the left, myself, Karl Ellzey, Kevin Poston, TC Davis, Brett Smith and Doug Waters. Off screen is Paul Woodbury and his daughter. Thanks again for a great time.
watsonrx13
Group shot of the cars....

Qarl
Great to meet some of the Florida contingent again (some for the second time, some for the first time).

All 914s present were beautiful.

Good food and great 914 conversation.

The ride home on I-4 sucked right around Haines City (as it always does). At least I got a suntan and was able to breath car fumes for an hour.

Glad you enjoyed taking the Elise for a spin. You should have opened it up a little and let the 2nd cam kick in! 2nd cam = shit eating grin + lots of noise + speed!
dweymer
Sorry I missed it guys, my kids let me sleep in today!! Glad to see you got the car running Rob. Doug I have a pair of 911 horns, if you want them let me know I can throw them in a box for you.
KevinP
Hey gang had a great time!

Rob, Thanks for putting it together. I enjoyed meeting Karl and Brett for the first time. Doug, what a great looking six, and the sound of T.C and Paul's cars really makes me want to get back on track with my project car.

Donnie sorry we missed you. Hope you'll make it to the next one.

Kevin
smg914
Yo Florida boys, sorry I haven't been at the last few TBB's. My excuse right now is that I've been working in New Orleans for the past 5 weeks and I may be there for another 5 to 8 weeks. I got a position with a exterior wall and roofing consulting firm out of New York City and they have me on a major project inspection windows (5,000 windows) in a 40 story building. I got this position for the sole purpose of purchasing a very sweet all original John Player Special Europa.
Qarl
ein6er.... did the pic you take of me cruising down I-4 at 85 mph come out? E-mail me at karl at my914-6.com

Thanks,

Qarl
ein 6er
QUOTE(smg914 @ Apr 15 2006, 01:44 PM) *

Yo Florida boys, sorry I haven't been at the last few TBB's. My excuse right now is that I've been working in New Orleans for the past 5 weeks and I may be there for another 5 to 8 weeks. I got a position with a exterior wall and roofing consulting firm out of New York City and they have me on a major project inspection windows (5,000 windows) in a 40 story building. I got this position for the sole purpose of purchasing a very sweet all original John Player Special Europa.

NEY YORK CITY?!? (spoken with a heavy cowboy accent ....... remember the Pace salsa commercials??) biggrin.gif
sorry i missed you, you're excused!!

KARL!!!! what happened to you?!? i lost you in the bumper to bumper traffic.

good to see everyone, here are a few pics.

16th b-day gift?? driving-girl.gif (paul's daughter)

ein 6er
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 15 2006, 02:25 PM) *

ein6er.... did the pic you take of me cruising down I-4 at 85 mph come out? E-mail me at karl at my914-6.com

Thanks,

Qarl

HOW fast were we going?!? WOW!!! i was only turning 4K rpm when i shot the pics!! burnout.gif driving.gif

hey, nice tags karl!!! i knew you loved us!!! biggrin.gif
ein 6er
you know .......... the more i look at the elise, the more it looks like a 914..... piratenanner.gif
iiibdsiil
Thought ya'll might get a kick outta this...

The hostess called me, and our phone call lasted 9 minutes and 14 seconds idea.gif
ein 6er
GO brett!!! clap56.gif

but why only 00:9:14? did the phone rust up and parts fall off?!? biggrin.gif
iiibdsiil
I hate the damn phone. I was like "Well, I'm going out, can I give you a call later?"
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Apr 16 2006, 05:05 PM) *

I hate the damn phone. I was like "Well, I'm going out, can I give you a call later?"

Best part was she called me in the middle of banging my on again/ off again kinda-ex-girlfriend. Wasn't stupid enough to pick up though, called her back later.

Was the door locked????

Rob I am so glad you got the the car running. give me a call Monday wanna here how it is running.

Paul them slicks look mighty good. Have you resisted the urge to run around the parking lot?
ein 6er
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Apr 16 2006, 03:05 PM) *

Best part was she called me in the middle of banging my on again/ off again kinda-ex-girlfriend. Wasn't stupid enough to pick up though, called her back later.

av-943.gif aktion035.gif
watsonrx13
Actually, he 'spun' it around the parking lot to get it lined up to drive it back on the trailer.... driving.gif

-- Rob

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Apr 16 2006, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Apr 16 2006, 05:05 PM) *

Was the door locked????

Rob I am so glad you got the the car running. give me a call Monday wanna here how it is running.

Paul them slicks look mighty good. Have you resisted the urge to run around the parking lot?
carr914
Our Gang

T.C.
carr914
Doug's 6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.