Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Subaru 914 EJ20T
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJ20Tim
Hey fellas, just got my page up. Thought you guys might be interested in some good pictures of an EJ20T swap into a 73 914. I will try to keep it updated every week or 2 till I'm done. Enjoy.

http://914turbo.airflowlogistics.com/
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif very kool!!! i am doing the SAME conversion wink.gif what are you doing for the wiring harness and heat??? thanks, ray
grasshopper
cool, welcome.png
EJ20Tim
FirstKnight, I am going to use the factory harness and solder up an adapter harness to fit the megasquirt. I'm not sure which heat you're referring to. If its the engine cooling I plan on running a radiator up front and a SHO fan (fiy you can buy these at the junkyard on the dirt cheap from a SHO Taurus and they flow 5500cfm). If you're referring to heat as in climate control, this car will prob not have any since I live in Florida. I would love to see some pictures of your project if you've got them.

-Tim
brokenmoped
May I ask where you picked up the engine and for how much?
firstknight13
hijacked.gif i got my engine from ebay from enginesrus 1100 with shipping i think........ biggrin.gif
EJ20Tim
I got it from http://www.nippon-motors.com/subaru.htm. It was $960 by the time it was shipped to a local freight terminal.
TonyAKAVW
I actually went to the Nippon Motors warehouse to look at motors a while back. Its essentially this giant warehouse full of engines.

They didn't have ECUs or much in the way of harnesses. Apparently its really tough to get "front clips" but they were trying to get them. They know that everyone wants the ECUs and harnesses, btu the impression I got was that they don't often get them.

Good work on the conversion! Can't wait to see the results.

-Tony
URY914
Tim,

Where in Florida are you?

Paul
d914
I'm looking at wo options for the turbo:
- custom up pipe that would move the turbo forward and to the right

- or the "outback" header that puts the turbo in front of engine. turn the intake and move the alternator to the a/c spot and away you go..no cut
d914
header
EJ20Tim
URY914, right down the road. I'm in Tampa. I wouldn't mind checkin out that lightweight 914. WHat kind of engine u runnin?

D914, I have considered almost every possibilty to not cut this car. Unfortunatley, I have to cut the front anyways to put the radiator in. I had considered a rear mount radiator but I did not have enough room after moving the trans and engine forward. But I will say, I haven't cut a thing yet. I'm waiting to get everything mounted so I can cut as little off as possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.