Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower Motor Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Claymore_5by5
Saw this on E-bay and wondered if it would fit my '74 2.0 (No AC). Currently, I have a squirrel cage blower that looks like it came from a Grainger catalog and was grafted into place. The current blower only supplies one side and will not be acceptable this coming winter.

The Ebay item is listed as a "PORSCHE 914 A/C HEATER BOX BLOWER FAN MOTOR" out of a '72. Current bid is $10.

bondo
That's the fresh air fan that's up front under the cowl. It has nothing to do with heat. The heater blower is in the engine compartment, and I suspect what you have is stock, because that's a pretty good description of it. smile.gif

There is an optional splitter that allows you to fit two hoses to the stock one and feed both sides, or you can find an early 2 output fan and use it. (early one mounts to the fan shroud)
Claymore_5by5
Whoops, I feel kind of sheepish smiley_notworthy.gif

Thanks for saving me from myself.
r_towle
look on either AA or PP or GPR sites.

There is a splitter for the blower...its a plastic fitting that splits the output so you can plug it into both sides.

Rich
rhodyguy
a single outlet fan should work just fine for you. prefered acutally as your car will(should) have a bracket on the dr side engine shelve to attach it to. if the rest of your heating system (heat exchangers and related duct work)is in good shape, a single outlet fan, one of the stock flex hoses, the passenger side j-tube capped tightly, and solid hoses that run from the warm air elbows to the chassis, you will have plenty of hot air.

k
STL914
Robert,

You may want to consider some other form of winter transportation. These cars are very prone to rust. I drove my first 914 during the winter months in St. Louis and I paid a price for that, had to have both rockers replaced several years later and finally had to retire it. The former owner lived in Chicago so I'm sure that didn't help at all.
messix
thats not a blower motor

this is
richardmosselman
Rhody Guy-you the man when it comes to heater blower motors. Mine works perfectly now (the one u sent me).I did notice that I'll have to replace some of the flex hoses tho'.Hope u got the $ OK:?
Cheers,Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.