Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I am having a big problem with my control arms concerning bushing alignment. I have poly bronze bushings but when I tighten the control arm up it binds. My guess is the front end is bent/twisted. Any suggestions?
lagunero
icon_bump.gif
installed correctly, no parts missing? I believe Bleyseng wrote an install thread (maybe in the classics), check and compare.
drive-ability
QUOTE (lagunero @ Apr 1 2006, 08:26 PM)
icon_bump.gif
installed correctly, no parts missing? I believe Bleyseng wrote an install thread (maybe in the classics), check and compare.

Poly bronze bushings aside, the problem predated the bushings. I think the alignment of the mounting points is off. I do have a V8 and have cut out the fender wells. I not saying the control arm wont move its just much tighter than it should be. I would think it would have a smoother action. The points are just binding, I guess I will need to install some struts from the shock towers down to the pan. I can weld in some threaded areas so I can push or pull the alignment back to where it should be.
Aaron Cox
i think bleyseng shimmed his with washers....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.