Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (trekkor @ Apr 4 2006, 05:12 PM)
What were your findings on the Yokohama A048's for track use?

Anybody else know?

Thanks,

KT

Are they a newer generation from the A032R's?

I know a friend that runs a lightweight 912 on the track and does extremely well with the A032R's. Seems like both come in soft and softer compounds?

Just touching on some of the discourse in this thread...

I can definitely attest that the 710's are a really great performing AX tire. Mega grip. And they can serve it up stone cold or very warm. They're simply a great AX tire. Bar none.

I have no experience with them hot. I've "heard" they lose grip when they get hot at the track. Evidently Trekkor, you can run with them and keep them below that threshold. Have you considered just running slicks?

I think Victoracers are a great tire - however I found V700's to loose their competitive grip by seasons end. They may still have useful tread and they will still offer up some advantage over most street tires and provide some fun, but alas, the magic is gone and the honeymoon is over. sad.gif

I'm surprised everyone is getting 225's on 16X7's in their front fender. I tried a 225/50 today and it did fit in the fender well, but I could only turn the tire 1/3 before it would catch on the fender well at 9:00 & 1:30.

Maby cause I'm only running -1.3 camber. Or maby it's just the disparity in fender clearance from one car to another?

Probably just the cheap tire on the nice fuch. biggrin.gif

DanT
A048s are the tire that will eventually replace the A032Rs

I guess that is why the tirerack has A032Rs on closeout.
DanT
A032R
DanT
A048
Trekkor
I appreciate MattR's comments.
His experience is valued here. clap56.gif

These 710's are still a new tire and a lot is to be learned about them.
I think the true test will be in the heat of the summer about 15 minutes into a session.

The 048's are not new, but they just recently became available in sizes other than 17's and 18's.

Here's my private tire rack.

710's on the left, Hoosiers in the middle and the Yok's on the right.

Look how much taller the Yok's are. drooley.gif

KT

Trekkor
Those A032's that I flat spotted are a result of a 1 hour "fun run" session at Marina last year.

I put them on in place of the Hossier a/x tires and manage to get within 1/2 of a second of them.

I saw the cords when I got up on the trailer. confused24.gif

KT
grantsfo
Anyone try Hankook Ventus Z214. They come in three compounds too.

Trekkor
I saw a spec Miata race at Sears last year.
They all had Hankook's instead of Toyo's.

KT
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif

( for Brad )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.