Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minneapolis post purchase party? 4/29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
736conver
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Apr 29 2006, 04:53 PM) *

BIGDBASS is officially hitting the road for the Windy City at this moment from Mpls. We bled his brakes and gave his car a good look before hand. It's a very solid nice 74. Let's wish him some luck on the way home!

Bill

Bill

I sent you a PM
iamchappy
He is on his way I led him to the Highway home.. He only stalled the car once through the city streets and stop lights. biggrin.gif

The tires were very scary, lets all pray Dan makes it home on them he will be driving home on very hard, tread worn age cracked tires in the rain.

It was great meeting all of you and am sure we will get together again.
Thanks Paul for the windows clap56.gif

This was an extremely nice car for up here in Minnesota or anywhere, It has a little work to it but very little and nothing major.

Thanks Paul for hosting with yummy food and beer, yum yum beer.gif
iamchappy
more
iamchappy
ccc
iamchappy
smug new owner
Qarl
Rain! Egads!

poke.gif
iamchappy
nice
iamchappy
Oliver admiring one of Minnesota's finest. drooley.gif
iamchappy
all for now.
michael8345
thumb3d.gif Gentlemen

I was fun to meet you all. I felt like the Lone 914 Ranger of Minnesota.

Maybe in a while we could do it again.

Pretty quick on the pictures too!
wbergtho
Had a good time!
iamchappy
Any news from Dan and Revena.
rezron
Looks like a good time guys! Can anybody tell me if the red 914
in the pics is Bahia red? Good luck with the "new" 914! smilie_pokal.gif

Rezron
wbergtho
A pic of Dan's first tank of gas departing Hudson, WI for Chicago.
iamchappy
Did he make it home yet?
wbergtho
I got his cell number from Paul and I called it this morning...no answer? No one knows and there is no post from Dan yet. I hope nothing happened in the rain last night.

Bill
BigDBass
Hey gang!

Just got home. Safe and sound (and wet biggrin.gif headbang.gif )

My buddy tried to post a message last night when I called from the road with an update, but the message got lost in the process.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in my adventure!

More details shortly after I settle in.

I still can't believe this car is actually mine. smilie_pokal.gif
BigDBass
Seriously. I can't believe this car is now sitting in my garage.
Gint
That's a damn fine lookin 914! driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif

More PICS!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
iamchappy
Toss those tires and get that baby some new shoes. Good luck with the car and the other new arrival you and the wife will be receiving very soon.

Chap
lotus_65
good to hear you made it home, dan.

dry that baby out as best you can and enjoy it!

i've got a few more picks that i'll get posted asap (couple hours).

good times~
736conver
Cool glad to hear you made it alright. It was pretty windy and rainy last night.

I cant wait to see it in June, along with everyone else.
rick 918-S
Cool! Great to have met you all! Sandy and I enjoyed the time we spent with all of you. Glad to see Dan made it home. That is a very nice car. aktion035.gif

Chappy, Oliver is a great kid. I love to see him smile like that. He must love to ride in your beast.

Thanks to Lotus 65 for the great food and hospitality. clap56.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rezron @ Apr 30 2006, 07:36 AM) *

Can anybody tell me if the red 914 in the pics is Bahia red?
Rezron

I think it is, and it's for sale....
lotus_65
there where some extraordinary machines and a great turnout!

i think dans car is great (i took it for a spin around the 'hood) we found a couple minor items, but mostly very nice and incredibly rust-free for a minnesota car.

i tried to post more pics, but got a:

"The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments."

my pics are about 600k each... ?
wbergtho
Hey Dan,

I'm happy to hear you made it home w/out any trouble. It's an adventure to drive an old unfamiliar car hundreds of miles (and in the rain w/ worn tires). You have balls my friend!

Bill
Dave-O
I'm sorry I missed this. Saturday was a fun day of autocross...Today was as close to "not fun" as this thing gets. I'm still warming up and drying out. Glad to see you made it home alright!
lotus_65
ok, so despite resizing my pics way down, i can't post them.

so here's a link to my yahoo slideshow:

slideshow

don't be too alarmed at the orange in back and in the hellhole. there's nothing to suggest that it's serious. in fact everyone agreed that while it needs to be explored and cleaned up, it's a very solid example of a complete and virtually original 2.0. smilie_pokal.gif
michael8345
sawzall-smiley.gif hey Guys,

Anyone interested in a parts car that I have to get out of my wife's spot in the garage? The body is shot but many good parts including doors, hoods, trunks, engine, and interior.

Let me know, thanks. Other wise I am going to post it in the classifieds.
BigDBass
Well, allow me to go back and belatedly fill in the rest of my story...

Saturday, April 29, 2006:
My travel companions included my wife and friend Jim (lurking here as Sugahloaf) via cell phone call me.gif, along with Lou Reed, Miles Davis, Band of Gypsies, and Victor Wooten via my tinny speakers tunez.gif. As a bassist, I made a valiant effort to fight back by singing basslines as required to compensate rocking nana.gif, or just listened to the engine or wind gusting through my so-called seals.

After the pit stop with Bill (wbergtho) as pit crew chief, I had a full tank of gas, some SeaFoam fuel treatment/injector cleaner, and thoroughly soaked shoes, socks, and pants. The moisture I brought with me into the "cockpit" wasted no time in fogging up the windshield. After fiddling with the defrost controls, I found that only the passenger side defrost was really working. So I periodically wiped it down with a spare T-shirt.

As the drive continued, I got colder and colder thanks to some combination of my drenched clothing, poorly functioning heat, and/or operator error. About 3 hours later, daylight faded. The rain, steam, and cold did not. headbang.gif

I kept hearing voices. These strange voices in my head, virtually all with a Minnesotan accent, kept saying things like "Watch out for deer!" or "Take it easy on those tires!". Images of my wife's beautifully bulging belly kept flashing through my mind's eye. So, although I'd intended to drive straight home from the Lotus-free Lotus garage, and while it seemed too early to throw in the proverbial towel (which was soaked with condensation wiped from my windshield), I pulled off I-94 and into the Comfort Inn sheeplove.gif in Tomah, Wisconsin, a mere 175 miles from my point of departure.

I quickly settled into my room after grabbing some Taco Bell icon8.gif and some Heineken beer.gif. Stripping my clothes with more haste than that of my wife during the 2005 World Series (Go White Sox!), I cranked up the room's heater and placed my clothes upon it to dry. I consumed my supplies chowtime.gif, set the alarm, and went to sleep yellowsleep[1].gif.

To be continued...
BigDBass

About to go for a drive this evening:
BigDBass
A mere 56 cents under the seats sad.gif
BigDBass
Everyone in Minnesota has an antenna just like this on their cars. What's a good replacement?
BigDBass
Here's one of the new 195/60HR15 Bridgestone ES960AS Pole Position tires I had put on my Mahles today.
BigDBass
I somehow managed to lose my passenger-side side marker mad.gif somewhere between Minneapolis and Tomah Wisconsin. I'm presently of the "leave them on" camp.
BigDBass
This one shows where the corner of the windshield trim is loose. Don't yet know how to fix it.
BigDBass
Was there someone tracking VINs?
wbergtho
Hey Dan,

It must be more enjoyable to drive that car without rain pounding down on you...huh?

Bill
lotus_65
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 2 2006, 11:36 PM) *

This one shows where the corner of the windshield trim is loose. Don't yet know how to fix it.

what about a carefully applied bead of clear silicone?
Gint
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 2 2006, 11:36 PM) *

You need to pull that lower piece of trim, straighten it and reinstall it and the corner piece. One of the clips closer to the end of the lower trim piece is probably also broken or crakced or otherwise disfunctional.

You might be able to starighten it somewhat without all of that effort.

Nice 914!
iamchappy
I have a turn signal lenses for you. I even had them with me at Paul's. Go purchase one of those low profile satin black retrackable ones there pretty inexpensive even a hirshman.

Nice tires.
BigDBass
Ordered the Hirschmann. I hope my jumbo antenna doesn't have a jumbo mounting hole in the fender...

Also got an 8x12 battery tray mat to use until I buy an Optima. Hope it's the right size!

(Chappy, I'm sending a PM about the side marker light)

michael8345
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about the Wisconsin Sumer Gathering in the events that needs a password to get in?

Where is it and can I get invited? Just curious, thanks.
BigDBass
Hi Michael,

The WI gathering thread is here.

Bump it when you get there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.