Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somebody Redecorated our place
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ClayPerrine
And I agree with Andy... Its Zois butt ugly...... :puke:

Anyone a web designer?

lotus_65
well it sure lost the 914 theme. maybe add back some car graphics!
Bleyseng
This is nasty!!!! av-943.gif

[/u]Hopefully Andy can fix this back to the beautifool layout we had before![u]
nomore9one4
The important thing is we can surf and we are keeping the Italian out! If you want beauty look at your 914 calendar mrs.K.gif cool_shades.gif
skline
I think it was Jaroen that did all the graphics, maybe he can work his magic with this new forum. I am just glad it is back up again. Good job Andy and Brad.
rick 918-S
Try the edit function. It's cool!
elwood-914
Yeah now the "Green" page doesn't look so bad huh?? rocking nana.gif
rmital
The new look works for me...it fits in with all the other generic information that's "supposed" to be on my computer screen during the day.....
MoveQik
Wow...my .02 is, this looks awful.
rhodyguy
still better than the eyeball sucking out of your face font at the the bird these days. i wonder who figured that improvement up?

k
bondo
Think of it as "olympic blue". smile.gif
drew365
Considering what it took to get this place up again, I don't think now is a good time for bicthing. Did anyone figure out if we were just a random hit by the Italian?
CptTripps
I hate it when stuff like that happens to other boards I run.

You spend so much time getting it back from something catastrophic...then you are too exausted to put the other Theme back up.

Glad to see everything is back up and running...
ClayPerrine
I am not bitching... I am trying to recruit a web page person to help with the graphics......
Trekkor
Glad we're back. Red stripes could work clap56.gif

I'm still trying to get the subliminals worked out ph34r.gif

KT
Jenny
Agreed. I'm having a hard time finding all the familiar shortcut buttons I'm used to. Smilies are now less chooser-friendly. Scroll down to bottom to slide to the right, scroll back up to see smilies, scroll back down and slide more, scroll back up to look for smilie... so on and so forth. rolleyes.gif

Not complaining though. Glad to have all my internet friends back.

Jen
VegasRacer
Home Sweet Home. drunk.gif
nocones
QUOTE(trekkor @ Apr 13 2006, 08:24 AM) *

Glad we're back. Red stripes could work clap56.gif

I'm still trying to get the subliminals worked out ph34r.gif

KT

Funny Trek,
When you said that you hoped the zambezi would go away (over on the bird board)
I was looking at your avatar thinking, "White with red stripes would look cool on the club page..."

Great minds and all... (Or is that damaged minds?) screwy.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
I miss the look and feel of the old site and I agree w/Jen, the smilie selection box is toooooo long sad.gif

What was the reason for the changes to the forum software?
McMark
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Apr 13 2006, 11:06 AM) *

I miss the look and feel of the old site and I agree w/Jen, the smilie selection box is toooooo long sad.gif

Hackers.

The style images have to be modified to work with the new secure software. So it's not just a matter of moving a folder into place. dry.gif It's a ton of work.
Jeroen
ewwwww... ugly standar look biggrin.gif
well good thing we have a long weekend ahead
instead of painting easter eggs I'll throw some paint around here wink.gif

oh... and thanks Andy/Mark for all the hard work and getting the site up and runnin' again!
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 13 2006, 10:47 AM) *

Hackers.

The style images have to be modified to work with the new secure software. So it's not just a matter of moving a folder into place. dry.gif It's a ton of work.

Thanks for the info beer.gif
mikey
Has everyone's blog vanished or just mine? dry.gif

tracks914
It could use some tweeking and color but I'm just happy its back up and runnin.
Good work guys, thanks for all your hard work.
Jenny
QUOTE(mikey @ Apr 13 2006, 03:29 PM) *

It hasn't vanished. You just can't see it. ph34r.gif

Jen
MattR
Were ya'll able to track down the hackers? Was it alpha? adolfred? Mike Z's avatars???
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 13 2006, 04:05 PM) *

ewwwww... ugly standar look biggrin.gif
well good thing we have a long weekend ahead
instead of painting easter eggs I'll throw some paint around here wink.gif

oh... and thanks Andy/Mark for all the hard work and getting the site up and runnin' again!

Jeroen,

Make sure that you check out IPS Beyond for info on creating a skin for 2.1. A lot of good help and examples. You don't need to change the basic setup, just dump your new skin into a certain folder.
mikey
It hasn't vanished. You just can't see it.

Oh, I guess that's ok then...a stealth blog. blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 13 2006, 11:47 AM) *

It's a ton of work.

agree.gif you guys better stop bitching, mark is getting tired ...

beerchug.gif Andy
SirAndy

no, we deleted ALL your blogs and previous posts and pictures and sold everyones email address to the highest bidder ... sheeplove.gif

thanks for your "trust" in our professional abilities!
apparently, everyone here thinks we're just a bunch of dumb crackheads that don't know shit about migrating software ...
unsure.gif

this is what you get for trying to be "nice" and get the new board back up and running fast and then work out the kinks.
instead, we *should* have left it down for 2 weeks to make sure everything looks EXACTLY like the old board so you guys don't get your pansies all twisted up ...

geeeeezzzzz ...
owned.gif Andy
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2006, 08:23 PM) *
Mark is getting tired ...

Give him a couple of burgers and he will be fine. burger.gif burger.gif

Thanks a ton McMark. icon22_2.gif
McMark
Yeah, where's the burger fund? lol2.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2006, 11:28 PM) *

no, we deleted ALL your blogs and previous posts and pictures and sold everyones email address to the highest bidder ... sheeplove.gif

thanks for your "trust" in our professional abilities!
apparently, everyone here thinks we're just a bunch of dumb crackheads that don't know shit about migrating software ...
unsure.gif

this is what you get for trying to be "nice" and get the new board back up and running fast and then work out the kinks.
instead, we *should* have left it down for 2 weeks to make sure everything looks EXACTLY like the old board so you guys don't get your pansies all twisted up ...

geeeeezzzzz ...

owned.gif Andy

Dude, Decaf....

Take a break,,,stop reading all the crap...
Those of us that have been there done that understand the stress and hard work that you are putting in to make it work again...really a great thing...

Its your baby...take a walk..drink decaf...

Rich

cooltimes
Thanks 914ADminrals (sic) who are doing a great recovery. The changeover colors are looking fine to me.... But I am colorblind.
Chris914n6
i just did finished 2 different themes for 2 updated and modded phpbb boards I manage for free...

just think of me looking over your shoulder saying "that looks nice, thanks for adding your personal touch."

Looking forward to the new one. beerchug.gif

Chris
mikey
Has everyone's blog vanished or just mine?

No offense meant towards anyone...Should have inserted some smileys, I guess. I was just going to post some new pictures and couldn't find the tab. It will show up eventually, I'm sure. Everyone's hard work is appreciated. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
alpha434
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 13 2006, 01:47 PM) *

Hackers.

Uh huh. You just load new "skins" into the skins folder on the server. You download the skins directly from Invision © *or* make one, if you've got someone who knows how to.
McMark
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Apr 14 2006, 12:25 AM) *

*or* make one, if you've got someone who knows how to.

EXACTLY what we did before and will do again. And it's a ton of work. We fuching know how to install skins. rolleyes.gif Do you think we downloaded the 914Club skin the first time around? dry.gif

The 1.1 skin we had before is not compatible with 2.1.5 and doesn't cover all the new buttons in 2.1.5. So a ton of work has to be done.

Maybe I'm just tired, but what a freakin' stupid comment.
Hammy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 01:47 AM) *

QUOTE(alpha434 @ Apr 14 2006, 12:25 AM) *

*or* make one, if you've got someone who knows how to.

owned.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2006, 01:47 AM) *

agree.gif i'm sure Mr. "Know it All" could do a much better job than all of us in much less time ... or maybe not ...

i mean, hey dude, all that custom coding and custom graphics you did over the last 3 years, dude, you could have just dowloaded all that from invision, like, you know, they offer all kinds of custom skins, dude, they do all kinds of cool stuff, eh, for real man, all your custom crap was just a waste of time bro ...

pissoff.gif Andy
SirAndy
time for a little icon_bump.gif to keep this floating on top (like a turd in a pool) ...

and yes, i'm feeling better now, thanks for asking!
chowtime.gif Andy
r_towle
A true operations guy...you are a glutton for punishment.

Keep up the good work..again I will help if you get pissed.

I found afew good, free firewalls for linux..
If you are on linux, let me know..they have good ratings.

Also, I could help with your router config...if that is allowed..

rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 14 2006, 10:00 AM) *

A true operations guy...you are a glutton for punishment.

Keep up the good work..again I will help if you get pissed.

I found afew good, free firewalls for linux..
If you are on linux, let me know..they have good ratings.

Also, I could help with your router config...if that is allowed..

rich

thank you sir!

right now, i'm pondering options and a hardware solution like one of the "cheaper" (note, i didn't say "cheap", i said "cheaper") Netscreen Firewalls is looking pretty good to me ...
type.gif Andy
fiid
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 14 2006, 10:05 AM) *

thank you sir!

right now, i'm pondering options and a hardware solution like one of the "cheaper" (note, i didn't say "cheap", i said "cheaper") Netscreen Firewalls is looking pretty good to me ...
type.gif Andy

We have some relationships with some firewall/ips companies - we might be able to score something for you. I have a really nice device on my home network. I'd really like to get more info on what happened - perhaps you could should me an email or IM?
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Apr 14 2006, 10:14 AM) *

We have some relationships with some firewall/ips companies - we might be able to score something for you. I have a really nice device on my home network. I'd really like to get more info on what happened - perhaps you could should me an email or IM?

smilie_pokal.gif that would be cool ...

simple:

hacker guy exploits bug in old BBS software and installs custom PHP script and runs it to get domain user acocunt info and other stuff off the machine. luckily, he didn't get any passwords.
he then adds some virus/backdoor/trojan code to the main BBS index page to attack members machines.
he then proceeds to run a "brute force" attack on the FTP and NetBios Ports, trying to crack the password and hack his way into the machine with domain admin access.

that's where we catched him and closed the door on him. that's why you see blue instead of green.
we updated the BBS software to the latest version and we upgraded PHP and mySQL as well.
the system *should* be safe now, just not green anymore.
but jeroen is working on that ...

givemebeer.gif Andy
Verruckt
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 14 2006, 12:05 PM) *

type.gif Andy

Netscreen ain't all that Andy... dry.gif

Because I have WAAAAY too much shit in my basement as it is... If you want, I'll donate a Nokia IP440 firewall to the cause. Consider it my "membership fee". It was decomissioned at my work, but our bandwidth requirements are are alot more than here, so it should be MORE than adequate. Anywho, if you don't mind paying for shipping, it's yours. And I also have the latest os for it. Let me know.

Howz that for "cheaper" ?
Verruckt
I guess I should add..

Your box was rooted from an exploit in the software you were using. So no amount of firewalls would have protected from that. I'm not telling you your business, just the facts. A firewall would have only stopped a few of the things you menthioned. A firewall is not a replacement for patch management. Keep the box updated as much as possible.

A firewall will definitely help though, and the Nokia is yours if you want it.
Rand
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 14 2006, 10:05 AM) *

type.gif Andy

I use Netscreen firewalls, and have been very pleased with them. I started with a little 5xp several years ago before Juniper bought them out. I like the separate hardware unit better than running a software-based firewall on the server.

Just a heads-up (I'm sure you are already aware of, but just in case...) The subscription to keep them updated is not cheap.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Apr 14 2006, 12:28 PM) *

I guess I should add..

Your box was rooted from an exploit in the software you were using. So no amount of firewalls would have protected from that. I'm not telling you your business, just the facts. A firewall would have only stopped a few of the things you menthioned. A firewall is not a replacement for patch management. Keep the box updated as much as possible.

A firewall will definitely help though, and the Nokia is yours if you want it.

yes, never said it would. there's another thread here somewhere where i go more into detail. i've been around this stuff for a while. firewall DOES help protecting against the "brute force" attacks he was running, at least on the NetBios Port as there is NO reason to share this one with the world.

i'll gladly pay shipping! you rock ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Apr 14 2006, 12:28 PM) *

Keep the box updated as much as possible.

no problem there either. box has always been up to date with everything, EXCEPT the BBS software.
as said before, the reason behind that is/was the TONS of custom code that went into our old BBS.
all of that is lost now and has to be re-created ... type.gif

and no, i'm not just talking about downloading some pre-made skin from invision ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.