Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monster Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
During my recent fuel line sale some people asked about larger lines for big engines. I didn't get enough response to justify buying 7/16" tube and a bender, but I just happened to have some 1/2" stainless tube and a bender for 1/2"dia. One customer asked for larger lines with AN fittings so this is what he got: 1/2" supply line with 3/8" return.
IPB Image
iamchappy
Did that request come from someone with a name starting with Q?
michel richard
Chris,
Do you have an idea of how much hp the stock lines will support, the 7/16, the 1/2 ?
My new engine will have something like 225 or 250 hp, will run PMO carbs. I've been thinking that I should upgrade my fuel lines.
goose2
Chris...I had hoped to get in on the fuel line frenzy but I guess I dropped the ball somewhere. Can I still get a set of stock size lines from you?
Qarl
Nope...not from me...
smdubovsky
Typically AN6 hardline (which is '6'/16 = 3/8 OD) will support ~500hp. AN8 (='8'/16 = 1/2) is good for ~750hp. This probably assumes the pump near the tank (plus it goes up and down depending on your BSFC but they are good rules of thumb). Id like a ride in a teener that actually NEEDS AN8 lines;)

SMD
Brian Mifsud
Chris, check your PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.