Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ACox ? about your exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
How much difference did you see between your triad w/ SSI's vs. your euro-race 4-1? I am trying to determine if I want a triad muff w/ my 2.0 SSI's or just go right to 4-1. For what I can unload the SSI's for, the price would work out about the same.

Aaron Cox
triad sounds great, and "felt" as if it levelled off the torque curve a bit. a really nice piece, would be my choice if i needed to retain heat.

euro race-
picked up some low end with it, and about the same mid, picked up some high end....

unloading, thats exactly what i did....
i got some SSI's cheap, header came along and BAM.
Mueller
if you don't need heat, I'd go straight to the Eurorace Header with "stree" muffler....the entire assembly is lighter as well.....I love mine, it sounds great and has a low rumble to it that makes you just want to drive up and down the street...not annoying at all...

jasons
I am probably headed to the 4-1. I mean I live in AZ, I don't really care about heat. I just like the looks of the triad hanging out the back. Also I have 99% of the parts I need for a 2270 so long term the 4-1 makes more sense.

Euro-Race 4-1 and Triad 4-1's are pretty interchangeable in terms of quality and performance if I understand correctly?

rhodyguy
plus, the triad exhaust bolts directly to the triad header.

k
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 14 2006, 10:32 AM) *

k

i dontbelive so...

they are similar, and use MOST of the triad exhuast on the header, but not the HE flanges
Mueller
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 14 2006, 11:49 AM) *

k

i dontbelive so...

they are similar, and use MOST of the triad exhuast on the header, but not the HE flanges

triad muffer has 2 inlets....Triad header has 1 outlet smile.gif

AFAIK, the Triad header is almost 2X the price of the European Racing header.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2006, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 14 2006, 11:49 AM) *

k

i dontbelive so...

triad muffer has 2 inlets....Triad header has 1 outlet smile.gif

the tirad header has one outlet yes, dave makes a triad dual out muffler, that works with the triad header (one inlet)
jasons
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2006, 11:56 AM) *

$695 for the triad. How much is the euro race and who do you contact? I don't think there is a website.
redshift
I need HEs...

Let me know.

M
rhodyguy
perhaps i should have written A triad final (as dave calls them) bolts up to the triad header. he's running his headers and his exhaust. and yes, they are more expensive than E.R.. but a new interior from L.P. is more espensive than sourcing items here. so is buying countless sets of wheels. so is buying huge brake setups. BIG f-ing engines. LSD trans compoments. SO WERE TRICK HUBS FOR VENTED ROTORS!!! no offence intended mike. does the E.R. use stub tubes or do they bolt up directly?

k
Dead Air
QUOTE(redshift @ Apr 14 2006, 11:09 AM) *

I need HEs...

Let me know.

M

You car got funny pipes, no? Cat, etc.?
Hey Miles, your avatar is cracking me up! I went to the park to other day to see if I could grab that apex! The "little yellow chick" and the "dolphin" were equiped with a leaf spring and were understeering like crazy!

Can we get some pic'ts of what headers/ h/e's we're talking about here?
Aaron Cox
euro race uses stubs,
kerry hunter uses no stubs
triad uses stubs?
rhodyguy
and no comparing a used, surface rusted up header that needs blasting and coating either. NEW please.

k
jasons
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 14 2006, 12:21 PM) *

triad uses stubs?

Yes.
Mueller
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 14 2006, 12:16 PM) *

perhaps i should have written A triad final (as dave calls them) bolts up to the triad header. he's running his headers and his exhaust. and yes, they are more expensive than E.R.. but a new interior from L.P. is more espensive than sourcing items here. so is buying countless sets of wheels. so is buying huge brake setups. BIG f-ing engines. LSD trans compoments. SO WERE TRICK HUBS FOR VENTED ROTORS!!! no offence intended mike. does the E.R. use stub tubes or do they bolt up directly?

k

The original post(s) mentioned using heat exchangers W/Triad muffler and later on selling the heat exchangers and going to a header...if that was done, he couldn't use the original Triad muffler, he'd have to buy a header specific muffler.

Yes the E.R. use stub pipes, personally I see no reason to pay more for the Triad header compared to the E.R. stuff....maybe I'm way off on my prices, I have not done a current price check on either system. You need to make sure you compare complete systems (with muffler) and please let us know the outcome of your price checking.....

George Narbel
European Racing Headers
1010 N. Stephanie St.
Unit C-7
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 433-9189

Please let him know you saw his ad on the 914 club web site.

rhodyguy
agreed. why anyone would run with no provision for heat/defrost, in a street car, is beyond me anyways. it's like people slapping in headers for a six that requires cutting/bending/altering the shift rods. spend a bit more on a triad and forget about it.

k
jasons
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2006, 12:37 PM) *

The original post(s) mentioned using heat exchangers W/Triad muffler and later on selling the heat exchangers and going to a header...if that was done, he couldn't use the original Triad muffler, he'd have to buy a header specific muffler.

Thats why I want to make the right decision the first time. I like the way the Triad muffler looks and from everyones reviews, it has good tone and performance. I realize the Triad header will require its own muffler. My small dilemma is, sell the 2.0 SSI's and just go for the 4->1 or just buy the Triad muffler? By the time I sell the 2.0 SSI's the money is not really a factor.

Living in AZ, heat is not as much of a concern. I have never had a 914 with heat, but maybe I should.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 14 2006, 01:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2006, 12:37 PM) *

Thats why I want to make the right decision the first time. I like the way the Triad muffler looks and from everyones reviews, it has good tone and performance. I realize the Triad header will require its own muffler. My small dilemma is, sell the 2.0 SSI's and just go for the 4->1 or just buy the Triad muffler? By the time I sell the 2.0 SSI's the money is not really a factor.

Living in AZ, heat is not as much of a concern. I have never had a 914 with heat, but maybe I should.

get the E.R headers. you will like em...

vlave adjusts are CAKE now!!
Rand
Is there any info online about Eurorace? Photos, prices, etc.???
jasons
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 14 2006, 03:26 PM) *

You might find photos in threads here, otherwise no web presence. I have a call in to get the current price, when he calls me back I will post it here.
Mueller

Ceramic coated E.R. header with "street" muffler, coating is extra (and worth it for whatever brand you purchase)
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2006, 06:21 PM) *

Ceramic coated E.R. header with "street" muffler, coating is extra (and worth it for whatever brand you purchase)
IPB Image

i had mine coated with iron oxide biggrin.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 14 2006, 06:22 PM) *

I hear you didn't even have to pay extra! laugh.gif

Thanks for the photo Mike. Now I recognize them.

Jason, I'll watch for your post. I'm curious about cost.

How do they compare to others performance-wise?
jasons
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 14 2006, 06:46 PM) *

He didn't call back yet.... If/when he does, I will try to fill you in.
Aaron Cox
BTW - i do have a name. biggrin.gif

Acox is what i call my member cool_shades.gif
Joseph Mills
[/quote]

[/quote]

Aaron,

What's a fair price on a used set in good condition. I found some I can purchase.

They have the same special finish. biggrin.gif

Aaron Cox
[quote name='Joseph Mills' date='Apr 14 2006, 08:54 PM' post='659110']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Aaron,

What's a fair price on a used set in good condition. I found some I can purchase.

They have the same special finish. biggrin.gif

[/quote]

i payed like 2 or 250,

ive seen em go for 400 ish
Joseph Mills

[/quote]

i payed like 2 or 250,

[/quote]

That's not bad. 200.00 or so. Hmmmm..... idea.gif

Looks like I'm going to have a dual outlet TRIAD muffer for sale. Along with the good HE's & hanger.

Aaron Cox
[quote name='Joseph Mills' date='Apr 14 2006, 09:51 PM' post='659159']

[/quote]

i payed like 2 or 250,

[/quote]

That's not bad. 200.00 or so. Hmmmm..... idea.gif

Looks like I'm going to have a dual outlet TRIAD muffer for sale. Along with the good HE's & hanger.

[/quote]

i offed my 2l non SS HE's and 1 year old triad for 400 with engman hanger smile.gif
Joseph Mills

[/quote]

i offed my 2l non SS HE's and 1 year old triad for 400 with engman hanger smile.gif
[/quote]

Okay. I'll just give you mine to sell for me. biggrin.gif

redshift
QUOTE(Dead Air @ Apr 14 2006, 03:18 PM) *

You car got funny pipes, no? Cat, etc.?
Hey Miles, your avatar is cracking me up! I went to the park to other day to see if I could grab that apex! The "little yellow chick" and the "dolphin" were equiped with a leaf spring and were understeering like crazy!

Can we get some pic'ts of what headers/ h/e's we're talking about here?

I need 73/74 2.0 HEs, SS prefered. I already have the Triad, best thing I even bought for a 914.

I stopped at a burger joint, and there was a play ground with 2 horseys, and a hippo springy thing, so I ran out and jumped on the first horsey!

-droop-

I changed horseys!

-droop-

sad.gif

I hopped on the hippo....

WHEEE!!!

Kids just can't wear a hippo out! (fat bastards!)

M
Aaron Cox
[quote name='Joseph Mills' date='Apr 14 2006, 10:02 PM' post='659170']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

im sure we could work out a consignment chairfall.gif
G e o r g e
Aaron Cox Today, 12:21 PM Post #13

If looks could kill, id watch you die

Group: Admin
Member No.: 219

euro race uses stubs,
triad uses stubs?

stubs mean what exactly??
how does hunter compare?

George
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(maddeye @ Apr 14 2006, 10:56 PM) *

Aaron Cox Today, 12:21 PM Post #13

If looks could kill, id watch you die

Group: Admin
Member No.: 219

euro race uses stubs,
triad uses stubs?

stubs mean what exactly??
how does hunter compare?

George

stub pipes. little pipes, 5" long that bolt to your head, and then the main header pipes bolt to the stubs. cuts instalation time by a ton, AND you can now portmatch your stubs to your heads smile.gif

a kh header will take a lot longer to fit becasue they do not have stubs....
jasons

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd be interested in that triad! Lemme know what happens.

Oh and if you balk on the header be a gent and forward me the deal.....
Joseph Mills
[quote name='jasons' date='Apr 15 2006, 03:13 AM' post='659335']
[/quote
[/quote]
[/quote]

I'd be interested in that triad! Lemme know what happens.
Oh and if you balk on the header be a gent and forward me the deal.....
[/quote]

If it all moves forward, I will be selling the triad along with some stripped down stock exhaust headers. I will let you know what happens. chatsmiley.gif

jasons
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 14 2006, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 14 2006, 06:46 PM) *

He didn't call back yet.... If/when he does, I will try to fill you in.

$669 plus freight for the street system. You have to snailmail payment, he doesn't take credit cards. Really nice guy.

Oh Aaron, I thought you might want a nickname like J-Lo
Aaron Cox
so a ER header is 699 + ship?
a triad is ???

its all good. either system should get coated (+ 200 )
jasons
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 17 2006, 08:51 AM) *

so a ER header is 699 + ship?
a triad is ???

its all good. either system should get coated (+ 200 )

ER is $669 + shipping + coating
Triad is $695 + shipping + coating

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.