Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know where I can get a fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I'm about to start plumbing the fuel system for my 914/6 conversion and my plan is to run 3/8 inch steel hard line from the tank back to the engine compartment and then run Aeroquip AN-6 socketless hose from there. The problem is that I can't find a fitting to connect from the 3/8 inch tube to the AN-6.

The 3/8 inch brake line is finished in an inverted flare with a 5/8-18 barrel with male threads. The AN-6 hose ends in an AN-6 female fitting. Someone must make an adapter to connect these two ends together. However, I can't find one.

I could cut the line and replace the male barrels with an AN 818 female barrel and AN 819 sleeve, but I'd rather not have to cut and then reflare the line.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Pistachio
Take a look at the adapters made for Power Steering.

I know Earls makes a male/male, IF 5/8" 18 to -6AN. So to use that, you'd need to run from your existing tube/fitting, into an IF coupler (easy to find) , then the adapter, directly to your AN fitting (if I understand your plumbing dilema).

Check out: AN Plumbing. Believe the part # you're looking for is 991947
or Russell PN 640380
Pistachio
Oh, & for what it's worth -

Cutting off the IF fitting & using an AN tube nut & sleeve would be a much more elegant solution IMO

If you don't have the AN flare tool, I can understand your desire to use an adapter. On the other hand, if you'd buy the tool now, you'll never find yourself in this same hardline-flexline "I can't find an adapter" fix again.
wbergtho
Try Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies @ 800 688 6946. Tell them what you are doing and they will probably have the correct fitting. Good customer service.
billd
QUOTE(Pistachio @ Apr 16 2006, 03:10 AM) *

Cutting off the IF fitting & using an AN tube nut & sleeve would be a much more elegant solution IMO

After thinking about it a bit, you are absolutely right. Its better to do this the right way - with just the one fitting, than to stack up a bunch of adapters. I'll get out the tubing cutters and flare tool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.