Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Suspension Relocation Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
ChrisFoley
Can't bring your car to me in CT? You can now do this project yourself or with the help of a local 914 shop.
Price $920 plus shipping.
The kit includes templates for frame cutout location, a holding fixture for the new pieces, and all the sheet metal parts needed to complete the installation.
IPB Image
type11969
hijacked.gif

Do you sell or rent the jig for locating the stock suspension console if it has been removed for rust repair?

Cost?

Thanks,

Chris
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(type11969 @ Apr 19 2006, 10:15 AM) *
Do you sell or rent the jig for locating the stock suspension console if it has been removed for rust repair?

In my experience no jig is needed to install an inner console in the stock location. It pretty much only fits in one spot. Tack it in place, then attach the trailing arm to verify the position is correct before fully welding.
Having said that, I would rent a fixture to you if you wanted. Price- $50. Deposit required - $200. $150 refunded when the tool is returned.
type11969
Interesting . . . I'd probably feel better using a jig, I will probably be hassling you about renting one in a couple of months.

Thanks,

Chris
d914
overkill for street application?? just go for your shock raising pick up system and/or the suspension ear reinforcement kit... almost same $$ when you look at it???

Street/DE use 250ish hp lots of tire and looking a lowering some..
nocones
Chris,

Very cool! Do you have any photos of the installed parts?

I've been looking over these guys work:
http://www.vehiclecraft.com/pictures/Cust_...Peare/index.htm

And have been meaning to post here to generate a little discussion among 914 chassis gurus in the know.

We can build it! We have the technology! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif calvin.gif
RobPattillo
Hello, I'm new to the 914 lifestyle. Can you tell me exactly what this is supposed to do and why I would need it in a V-8 conversion? Thanks cool_shades.gif
ChrisFoley
IPB Image
IPB Image
ChrisFoley
These pics are of the prototypes during installation on my race car.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(RobPattillo @ Jun 26 2006, 01:19 PM) *

Hello, I'm new to the 914 lifestyle. Can you tell me exactly what this is supposed to do and why I would need it in a V-8 conversion? Thanks cool_shades.gif

Hi Rob,
This modification is primarily valuable to guys running extremely lowered cars on race tracks. Another potential application is if you want to use much larger than stock diameter wheels.
Raising the pickup points helps restore the correct geometry of the suspension of lowered cars. My parts are also much less flexible than the stock suspension pickups.
neo914-6
How do you adjust camber or is it set?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jul 29 2006, 01:35 PM) *

How do you adjust camber or is it set?

I have made no upgrade to the camber adjustment mechanism. The stock shims are used.
RS22b
QUOTE(nocones @ Apr 21 2006, 03:43 PM) *

Chris,

Very cool! Do you have any photos of the installed parts?

I've been looking over these guys work:
http://www.vehiclecraft.com/pictures/Cust_...Peare/index.htm

And have been meaning to post here to generate a little discussion among 914 chassis gurus in the know.

We can build it! We have the technology! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif calvin.gif

haha, this is where my 914 is getting completely overhauled.

Keith built my motor and was goin over susp options with me last week on the car.

_billy
ChrisFoley
That's nice...

What happened to Keith's SCCA plans?
RS22b
no idea i will ask him today if i see him, Im due to stop in the shop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.