Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts stash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, I've finally went through most of the boxes that came with the '74 2.0l I bought in February. Anyway, the stash came with a complete set of seals from Tweeks. Here's the wide view....

Click to view attachment

Here's a close up.

Click to view attachment

Another close up. You'll notice in the center is an original interior windshield seal.

Click to view attachment

Another close up.

Click to view attachment

Here's some of the hardware. You'll notice in the lower right corner the original black pop-rivets for the threshold plates.

Click to view attachment

Here's some more parts. You'll notice in the lower right corner the window guide end pieces.

Click to view attachment

Finally, here's the lower chrome strips that go on the bottom of the sail panel vinyl.

Click to view attachment
watsonrx13
Also, I found a ski rack. Does anyone have a pic on how this is mounted to the car? Also, are there other parts needed to mount it?

Click to view attachment

Here's another shot...

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Wow... thats like 1500 to 2k worth of parts there! depending on when you bought it!
watsonrx13
Finally a couple of questions regarding installation....

1. How does the spring on the driver's side arm rest attach?

Click to view attachment

2. These are the rubber seals for the targa top, one is longer than the other. Do I need to trim to fit?

Click to view attachment

3. Does anyone have (6) of the allen-head bolts that the arms rests are attached with? Also, does anyone have (1) of the 'square' bolt inserts that go into the door where these bolts attach to?

4. Does anyone have (6) of the little black plastic caps that cover the screws in the roll bar pad?

5. Does anyone have an extra hinge for the center arm rest?
robby750
You ski alot in Florida?
watsonrx13
Yea, that's what I thought when I got the car... SCORE...

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 21 2006, 07:30 PM) *

Wow... thats like 1500 to 2k worth of parts there! depending on when you bought it!

watsonrx13
Nope, I don't water or snow ski, but the car was moved from Michigan...

BTW, if anyone is interested in the ski rack send me a PM, it's definately not going on a FL car.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(robby750 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:34 PM) *

You ski alot in Florida?

robby750
The spring attaches through the door panel. There should be a small hole in the panel and the end of the spring will go through it and hook onto the door.
watsonrx13
Thanks Robby, I'll check the door more carefully...

QUOTE(robby750 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:39 PM) *

The spring attaches through the door panel. There should be a small hole in the panel and the end of the spring will go through it and hook onto the door.
jd74914
heres a ski rack smile.gif
watsonrx13
So the rack that I have, do I need to take it apart and install the ends separately?
Andyrew
It apears as if your rack loads the ski's vertically... as aposed to horizontally like the one pictured....

Take off your bumper and test fit it! (lay down lots of painters tape to protect your paint...)
jasons
I think the ski rack inserts in one of the rectangular plugs at the top of the windshield frame and fastens to the 3 holes in the underside-rear of the top.

Nice Score of parts BTW!
Chris Pincetich
All the parts listed in 3. 4. and 5. parts requests i will gladly rip off of my car to trade for some of those new seals!! I'm sooooo jelous, but also inspired that this kind of treasure trove might be waiting at the next "parts car" for sale.

From the looks of all your other concourse quality 914s, I'm guessing a trip to the hardware store is not an option for that interior hardware, but I've been able to take care of most of the bits you've asked about combing through the SS and specialized hardware bins.

You scored beerchug.gif
blitZ
So, you're teasing us with all these parts pictures? I'll give you $50 for the windshield seal. drooley.gif
tod914
Despite your CW score, the car looks great too! gl with it.
watsonrx13
Actually the car pictured is the one I've been restoring for the last 3 years.

Here's a pic of the car that I purchased that had the parts stash...

Click to view attachment

My objective is to get this car restored and driveable again...
URY914
Rob,

Did you do this just to piss people off?

Don't tell them what you paid for the car AND the parts......

watsonrx13
Yea, let's keep that to ourselves.... I'm still planning to get the car back together, then offering it for sale.... I just want to get as many cars back on the road as I can....

QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 21 2006, 10:18 PM) *

Rob,

Did you do this just to piss people off?

Don't tell them what you paid for the car AND the parts......

r_towle
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:34 PM) *

Finally a couple of questions regarding installation....

1. How does the spring on the driver's side arm rest attach?

Click to view attachment

2. These are the rubber seals for the targa top, one is longer than the other. Do I need to trim to fit?

Click to view attachment

3. Does anyone have (6) of the allen-head bolts that the arms rests are attached with? Also, does anyone have (1) of the 'square' bolt inserts that go into the door where these bolts attach to?

4. Does anyone have (6) of the little black plastic caps that cover the screws in the roll bar pad?

5. Does anyone have an extra hinge for the center arm rest?

I have #3 and #4 no problem.
The hinge is a simple piano hinge..all that I have seen are rusted..
Get on at the harware sote, cut to fit as needed.

I will gladly trade whatever you need for the ski rack.
I have 6 doors to pull parts from.

Rich

Qarl
Two words come to mind...

you suck!

beerchug.gif
jd74914
Sorry about my picture. Thats not the same type.

The curves part polts in under that targa bar and the other part goes into the seal (sorta) that the targa goes into in the front IIRC.
rhodyguy
no...share what you paid for the package! i love to see a smoking deal, and know what the price of admission was. it's not like it's "yellow cake".

k
Tobra
Nice score, windshield frame seal in the bag, sweet.
watsonrx13
OK, I never got an answer regarding whether I need to trim the targa top side seal to fit or not?

Hey Kev, I got the car and all of the parts for .........

Ready............

$1000.00 biggrin.gif
Qarl
bootyshake.gif pray.gif stromberg.gif screwy.gif av-943.gif finger.gif flipa.gif

You double suck!
markb
Nice score!
I recently found a local guy with some stash. I got a box full of seals for $100.00. It had everything except the fender to cowl seals, and the fuzzy strips for the doors. Over $1300.00 worth of seals. Factory seals with the stickers still on them! I also got brand new bumper tops from him for $100.00 each, and a new dashtop for $200.00. I finally talked him out of the whole starage shed worth, and with the Cap'n & hwgunner, we bought the whole thing. hwgunner will be putting it up in the classifieds & on Ebay in a day or two. Some nice bumpertops, a really decent dashtop. A set of 4 bolt Fuchs, and a bunch of misc. stuff. Keep your eyes open. Sometimes ya just get lucky! smile.gif
watsonrx13
Mark, sounds like you made a very good score also....

-- Rob
markb
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Apr 22 2006, 07:21 PM) *

Mark, sounds like you made a very good score also....

-- Rob

I'm relatively pleased. biggrin.gif
stock93
Rob,
Nice score! If you still need those screws and square nuts for the door panel, give me a call. I dont have door panels anymore due to my cage.

John
jasons
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Apr 22 2006, 04:35 PM) *

Hey Kev, I got the car and all of the parts for .........

Ready............

$1000.00 biggrin.gif

Well since we are bragging about scores.....

I got this for $1300 16" fuchs, SC front end, f/r sways, new bilsteins and prog. springs, factory 2.0 w/ djet intact, perfect 2.0 SSI's, weltmeister short shift kit...

IPB Image
watsonrx13
Nice score Jason, when did you get the car? Is it bahia red?

-- Rob
markb
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Apr 23 2006, 01:25 PM) *

Nice score Jason, when did you get the car?

-- Rob

agree.gif
jasons
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Apr 23 2006, 01:25 PM) *

Nice score Jason, when did you get the car? Is it bahia red?

-- Rob

About 3 weeks ago. I posted a small thread here about it. The guy put it on craigslist, he just needed to get rid of it. He said it didn't run. I got it home, shot some starting fluid in TB and it fired right up. It leaked fuel dangerously bad, but it ran. So, a valve adjustment, some new fuel line, couple of other odds and ends and its a decent little driver.

Yes Bahia Red, 73
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.