Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First report from Hershey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Part Pricer
QUOTE(JerryP @ Apr 24 2006, 01:40 PM) *

How is it possible that do we not have a duct tape smilie?

ft.lbs.
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 23 2006, 08:22 PM) *

nice wagon

did you like my wagon?How come you didn't stop me and say hi!Not only did it rain all day sat. it rained the whole 10 hour trip home!Good talking to you engman!
Engman
Rain..... it really made it cold out there.

But it was really nice to put a few faces with the names here on the board. smile.gif

We got there Sat morning and setup in the rain ( I dragged my oldest son with me to hekp both with the driving and the swap itself - he was great) Thankfully we went and bought some sides for the tent we brought. 42 degress, wind and rain - any two are bad but the three together make for a very cold day. I ventured out twice to look at the other booths but many people did not show.

Regardless we had a great time. Seanery would not believe how prevalent his hats have become. Every 914 guy I met had one. I enjoyed the time - be it short due to the weather and I will do it again.

Dr. Evil - How in the hell did you wind up with Noel? She is way outta your league! smile.gif No wonder Ed gave you a fuel pump!

And ft-lbs - what a Monster wagon!

M

Dr Evil
"Dr. Evil - How in the hell did you wind up with Noel? She is way outta your league!"

I'm hung like a bull moose biggrin.gif

Actually, I just told her what you said and she said, "that I deserve her just as much as she deserves me." To which I replied, "what did you do wrong?"

It was nice meeting all of you. The weather was soo crappy. Mark, thanks for letting us use your tent as home base.
cnavarro
Rain and wind aside, it wasn't a total washout. Got some good driving time behing the 912. The best part of the trip was the 30 minutes spent in the hotel hot tub when we left the swap. The drive was interesting to say the least going back- pouring rain without heat or defrosters. We had to stop in a Kmart and get rainx/fogx for the inside of the windows. My gas heater didn't want to fire up. We also bought some cheap fleeces to keep warm, as we didn't pack for cold weather (yes, stupid move on my part). The drive back was uneventful except for a single jet change once the rain stopped (I just blended race fuel concentrate for the majority of the drive as I had to have Jake overnight me jets to the hotel on sat as CB mailed me the wrong ones.)
cnavarro
Oh, and it was great to see so many 914 club hats floating around. I think there were more than last year for sure! Thanks to all those who stopped by and picked up some souveniers.
IanStott
Drove all the way from Moncton, New Brunswick in Canada, 14 hour drive just to my brothers in New Jersey. Went to hershey Friday night with a friend, couldn't get a hotel slept in the car in a truck stop parking lot, my friend snores big time!! Got to the meet early cause we were up early thanks to a big noisy Kenworth parked beside us, soaking wet within a few minutes, bought a few things, talked to a few people. I am glad I went, looking forward to next year, will start going to church and asking for better weather if people think it will help!! Gas prices were great compared to ours in Canada, plus you can get higher octane fuel in the states, my car loved it! Had a ball, will go again, bought some chocolate, got home last night and couldn't wait to show my wife the stuff I bought so she could say thats nice dear!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.