Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First report from Hershey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
yarin
Sitting here in the lobby of the Sheraton Four Points hotel watching the rain come down in Hershey. The swap meet was ok. Tradition continued and the skies never let up. People packed up around 1pm or so. Not that much 914 stuff.

Met a few 914ers, bought some good stuff off Engman. Going to the Rennlist dinner tonight, should be fun. Those who passed because of the weather made the right decision.
wilchek
yeah, just got home and dried off. Weather was bad but parts seemed to be going cheap beause of the weather. Almost picked up a set of Fuchs for 300 but would not fit in the 914 and it was raining to hard too deal. Most people had parts packed away becuase of the rain. Time to drink..
nomore9one4
Sorry guys! That sucks. Thats the only reason I cancelled my plans to go. Maybe next year!?!?
drewvw

way to stick it out anyways....I am in for next year! drunk.gif
plas76targa
I think I discovered my 914 can't swim. Had a 1/4 inch of water on the passenger side. Couldn't get my son to stop stompin his feet on the ride home!

Arrived around 9 am. Saw LeoImperial, Ed Morrow, a gentlemen from Canada - sorry, I'm terrible with names. Also Dr. Evil and Scottb, and Engman. Saw a few other 914 hats walk by, but was busy paying for something and couldn't catch them.

My son got too cold too fast and I wasn't far behind him. We left around 10:45.

Never found that rear sway bar I'm looking for! next year!
turboman808
Yeah I came I saw and I ran for the car and went home.(actualy went to work for a few hours before going out tonight-better then sitting in traffic)

Saw a few from here selling parts but didn't introduce myself. One I already bought parts from and the other had some cool shirts but I couldn't find his booth again. smile.gif

But I did stock up on super blue and I bought this silly little beverage cooler with a porsche logo.
yarin
They announced that the swap meet is going to move to the 28th of April for 2007 in an attempt to break the rain trend. Nobody bought my Kirkey seat or Dual Weber 40s if anyone is interested.
nein14
As usual I was there with my 914 parts suprising sold a lot of stuff. Still trying to dry out with a glass wine.

Have a real nice pair of 914 painted Bumpers if anybody is interested $250.00 for the pair.

turboman808 Iam the the guy with the cool shirts have 2 left if your interested PM me. I was the guy with the 914 parts under the tent.
Sparky
I'm so tired of the friggin rain. So this is how I did Hershey:

Spent a week down in Virginia Beach with the wife and kids. Had to butter her up for the Hershey trip. drunk.gif We arrived in Hershey on Thursday, it was sunny and 82. Spent Friday running around with the wife and kids, we did the tours over at Hershey Park and did dinner at Fuddruckers. Was a little wiped out from the previous week so I didn't head out to any of the Friday night events. Was very very disappointed (but not really surprised) when I got up today and it was raining. Guess we can't break the rain tradition. My wife and kids were great and made one lap through the vendor tents with me before bailing out for the comfort of the mini-van. Saw Ed Morrow, Bob Roach, and Engman. Thought I saw the elusive Rich Herzog but when I turned around he was gone. It was great to see everyone even if I appeared a bit odd in my swim trunks and denim shirt. Not a lot of deals but I was looking for specific items (see below). My wife wasn't feeling well so we decided to head back to Mass. Only took 5.5 hours as traffic wasn't bad.

I was (and still am) looking for a pair of 16X7 Fuchs for my front end. I'm not looking for concours quality just straight wheels. M030 Suspension package for 968, Corbeau Classic II's or 914 Sport seats.

That about covers it. I'm posting a WTB in the classifieds for the items I'm still searching for.

My best to all,
Mike D.
KaptKaos
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ejm
Even with the rain we managed to get a few club members cars together... that's Leo's blue car just beyond my red '76
turboman808
QUOTE(Sparky @ Apr 22 2006, 03:35 PM) *
I was (and still am) looking for a pair of 16X7 Fuchs for my front end. I'm not looking for concours quality just straight wheels. M030 Suspension package for 968, Corbeau Classic II's or 914 Sport seats.

Thats the only reason I really went was hopefully to find some seats I like. I have a hard time spending 2000 on seats I have never put my butt in. So yeah one thing I was ready to buy and no one had them.

I thought I saw on another thread that gtsclassics was gonna be there but I didn't see them.

Saw one truck full of the dirtiest race seats ever! biggrin.gif

Now if someone could tell me how to strap my beverage cooler to the car since it doesn't tell ya dry.gif

I took a few pictures. I will post them tomorrow. The black 914 was nice. The silver one for sale was also.
ptravnic
I could handle the rain, but the cold was too much for me... mad.gif

I ran into the infamous Dr Evil & Leo. Also ran into a father and son from Binghamton (who I bought a few things from - very nice rebuilt pedal cluster, targa latches, inside door handles, and a proportioning valve... A few other friendly faces who (shame on me) I can't remember the names of...

Yarin - sorry I didn't give you a call, I was in and out pretty quick (makes me wonder why I drove 3hrs each way but its a sense of tradition and makes me feel a bit normal knowing there are so many others that share this disease).

I didn't take any pics as that would have required expsosing taking my frigid hands to the elements...

-Pete
fitsbain
I was ther from about 9:30 to 12:30 or 1.

Met a few people.

Didn't buy a thing, but I had fun.
Spoke
I got there about 10:30 and stayed until my sneakers were soaked at about 12:30.

Saw an interesting car, the 904 as I was told. It looked to be based on the 914 chassis with a flat-6 and full racing interior. I'm not sure if it was a kit car or factory built. The rear clip seemed to be built on the 914 chassis, not sure about the front. The body had a 908 look to it. Sorry no pics.

Bought rear sway bar brackets from Engman and a set of wheel lug nuts for my 5-lug conversion.

Click to view attachment

Then on the way home I stopped at Roadside America to see the model train layout. Quite impressive.

Click to view attachment

I couldn't handle the pocket full of cash that I brought back with me so I bought a head unit for the green car.

Spoke
ThinAir
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 22 2006, 08:00 PM) *

Then on the way home I stopped at Roadside America to see the model train layout. Quite impressive.

Wow, does that ever bring back memories! I lived in Hyattsville, MD until I was 10 and we made lots of trips to PA. I remember stopping at a place with a huge train layout, but I always thought it was called "Little America". LA is a deluxe hotel/truck stop chain with a location here in Flagstaff and no trains so I figured I had the name wrong. Just exactly where is Roadside America?
dion9146
We got there at the crack of dawn, but unfortunately, I had 6 guys with me all looking for every Porsche part imaginable (which means we shopped until about 1pm). The good thing was we had a motorhome, so we could go back and dry off between trips into 'swamp land' or was that swap land?

The pics above don't do it justice. If you think that looks bad, you're wrong. It was worse. Kudos to anyone who drove their 914's in that mess. Nice to meet some faces though. beerchug.gif

But of course, as soon as we crossed the Ohio state border on the way home, the sun came out and the temps rose to 72 degrees. go figure.

Ah, there is always next year....

Dion
Spoke
QUOTE(dion9146 @ Apr 22 2006, 11:46 PM) *

But of course, as soon as we crossed the Ohio state border on the way home, the sun came out and the temps rose to 72 degrees.

Uh, it's still raining in Allentown at 1230am. And raining very hard. And windy.

Roadside America is right along rt78 just north of Reading. I've passed Roadside America hundreds of times and never stopped in; until today.

Hat's off to all the Porsche guys who brought their cars. It was so cool to see so many 356s, 911s, 930s, Cayman, 924, 944, 914s and more. It was sad to see all those nice machines getting puked on by the rain. I noticed on someones 914 that there was as much water on the inside of the passenger side window as on the outside. And the window was fully up.

Spoke
turboman808
I hate to admit it but I had the most fun driving back. I drove like a complete asshole. I was doing 80+ on the highways and I stopped a several trucker spots on the way back and managed to get my car sideways in various parking lots more times then I can remember. But my wet weather power slides are getting pretty good.

I did have a problem with my wipers lifting off the window. Found a solution with trico beam blades. Now 90+ should be no problem. biggrin.gif

I got to do something about my lighting though. My fogs and driving lights completely suck. But my 100 watt yellow high beams work pretty darn good. Time to pickup some hella hid I think.
ejm
A few thoughts on Hershey now that I'm warm, dry and rested...

My '76 ran great and got 32 mpg on the 740 mile round trip. The ride down Friday was was good except I-78 in Pa. is the worst piece of road I have ever driven. Stopped by Dr. Evil's and watched him put the final touches on scottb's tranny then headed over to the Bears Den for dinner. Met a couple of Pelican guys and talked with Don Plant for a bit before Mike and Noel showed up. Hit the swap meet early Saturday and saw a bunch of club members, wish I hadn't missed scottb and Bob Roche. Did see Dave and Bruce at the AirBoston tent, Charles Navarro was there with his nickies and Mark Bland and his son were there with Engman's stuff. The rain never let up and I left around noon. Ride home was good and the steady rain quit 30 miles before NYC. Saw four late 911's in the northern Jersey/NYC area and got a wave each time. Not to early to start wishing next year is sunny.
ejm
One more pic.. Dr. Evil and Noel watch LeoImperial checking out Engman's stuff. Mark's goodies sell themselves... saw a couple of people just walk up and buy something.... one guy had money left over and bought more...
crash914
I for one was very disappointed...

I was looking for hard parts and saw very little. Engine cores, struts, etc.

I did buy a set of pedal covers....Engmans stuff was very nice.

Kid was cold and wet, so we bailed. Nice to meet Yarin and Evil...

I did get to talk to Charles about the nickies I bought and looked at his 912.. Very nice torque curve!! Rat powered of course..

I remember a large swap meet at electrodyne back in the day...that was a swap meet... If this was what to expect..don't know if I will be back....
scottb
hey ed,

sorry i missed you saturday.... we arrived around 8am and made it until just after 10 when my son said he couldn't feel his fingers. next year sunny right?!

scott
ArtechnikA
I was there in full GoreTex mode; shouldda dressed warmer but I wanted to wear the cool Dave McLaughlin ArtechnikA Tee in case the sun came out...

saw some parts I've been lusting after but at just shy of $15k total there was no question of bringing them home. got some contact information tho.

saw and spoke to a couple of people but with no money to buy parts and the wet cold it was hard to get motivated. didn't even take any pictures. mostly went to exchange some parts and information with the guy who bought my /6 -- he's well on the way to having that straight and i wish him well. he scored a pair of 15x7 911R Fuchs - i haven't seen those in the wild for a long time.

I spent all morning looking for the AirBoston tent and never did, saw the LN Engineering tent once and then couldn't find my way back; it was like being in "Rose Red" or something...

i hope to be back next year with a booth - and a 3-sided EZ-Up and a propane heater - but either way I will be back next year.

the Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position 205-50's i have on the Outback may be The Shizzle in the dry, and they can handle the wet OK - but the standing water made for a couple of white-knuckle moments while passing bobtail tractor trucks making huge spray through the puddles.
sixerdon
I've been going to this swap meet for more than 20 years in the days of Ski Round Top and Mechanicsburg. This was by far the worst weather I've experienced at this event. It was a cold driving rain from the east. I saw a few canopies collapse from the wind. It was also the least attended from recent years. But, it was a buyer's event if you had the stones to stick it out. A lot of vendors were a no-show and the lot was was only a quarter full of buyers from what I've seen in the past. So we'll see if the new date next year will break the rain streak. If the sun were out there would have been 4 times as many people and several million dollars exchanging hands. It was good to see Ed and meet Dr. Evil. We'll be back next year with sun lotion and T-shirts.

Don
pfierb
QUOTE(ejm @ Apr 23 2006, 11:50 AM) *

A few thoughts on Hershey now that I'm warm, dry and rested...

My '76 ran great and got 32 mpg on the 740 mile round trip. The ride down Friday was was good except I-78 in Pa. is the worst piece of road I have ever driven. Stopped by Dr. Evil's and watched him put the final touches on scottb's tranny then headed over to the Bears Den for dinner. Met a couple of Pelican guys and talked with Don Plant for a bit before Mike and Noel showed up. Hit the swap meet early Saturday and saw a bunch of club members, wish I hadn't missed scottb and Bob Roche. Did see Dave and Bruce at the AirBoston tent, Charles Navarro was there with his nickies and Mark Bland and his son were there with Engman's stuff. The rain never let up and I left around noon. Ride home was good and the steady rain quit 30 miles before NYC. Saw four late 911's in the northern Jersey/NYC area and got a wave each time. Not to early to start wishing next year is sunny.

Ed,As you once told me those late model 911 guys were just showing you their Rolexs not waving to you.....sounds like a cold miserable day I felt bad sitting in my warm shop.
Regards Paul
ejm
QUOTE(pfierb @ Apr 23 2006, 01:40 PM) *

Ed, As you once told me those late model 911 guys were just showing you their Rolexs not waving to you.....

I remember... I was baiting you biggrin.gif Actually the one guy came up beside me, waved, then pushed in the clutch and revved the engine before blasting off... what a jerkit.gif

sounds like a cold miserable day I felt bad sitting in my warm shop.

yeah but not nearly as bad as I felt driving 5 hours in wet socks wink.gif

JPB
QUOTE(ejm @ Apr 23 2006, 12:01 PM) *

One more pic.. Dr. Evil and Noel watch LeoImperial checking out Engman's stuff. Mark's goodies sell themselves... saw a couple of people just walk up and buy something.... one guy had money left over and bought more...

Yep, outstanding fellow with the goods to follow. Thanks for the door parts and hope to get more goodies in the future.

beer.gif
JPB
My friend and I showed up at 7AM and walked the site for an hour. Everyone was in a sell fast and cheap mode early in the morn. Got some rims and a 4in1 header set. Soory didn't meat all of ya, but needed to keep from getting sick in that crazy weather. See you all at a fun run once the beast is complete!

beer.gif
pfierb
QUOTE(ejm @ Apr 23 2006, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(pfierb @ Apr 23 2006, 01:40 PM) *

Ed, As you once told me those late model 911 guys were just showing you their Rolexs not waving to you.....

I remember... I was baiting you biggrin.gif Actually the one guy came up beside me, waved, then pushed in the clutch and revved the engine before blasting off... what a jerkit.gif

sounds like a cold miserable day I felt bad sitting in my warm shop.

yeah but not nearly as bad as I felt driving 5 hours in wet socks wink.gif

Ed, Of all people you should know to carry a pair of dry socks when you drive a 914 in the rain......Finally getting my windshield replaced this week.....no more swimming pools on the passenger side.

Paul
michel richard
I was there too. Did my usual overnight drive from Montreal. Had to stop to catch a few ZZZZZZ along the way. Arrived before 6, got in with the sellers. Started scoring parts immediately: 1971 911 pull type transmission case, with the fork and the pivot, pull type throw out bearing. Then a bunch of very early 911 94 mm CV joints that I'll use on my /6, a couple of pressure plates for the pull-type conversion, one steel, one aluminum, a collapsible spare a few other nicknacks.
By 8h30 I was done and freezing, so I took off.
Unfortunately, that meant that I left before I could meet any of the guys, but I did get key parts to keep my project on track.
I confirm it was cold, wet and miserable, but the parts I scored made the trip worthwhile.
Took my shoes and socks off on the drive back, put them under the passenger side footwell vents and had them dry after a few hours. I had the heater set to "toasty".

Michel
yarin
I just installed the pedal board I bought from Engman at Hershey.

I got to Hershey around 8am. Not that much 914 stuff, i had a huge list of stuff I was looking for and went home mostly empty handed. Didn't sell the carbs or kirkey seat either.

The Rennlist dinner saturday night was a lot of fun, hit the bar afterwards. Nice crowd.

AirCooledRacing.com was there as usual. They had a replica 904 they were selling for $155k and the 914-GT as well. Chatted for a while, really knowledgable guy, loads of good info.

Took some pics at the autocross this morning as well. I left around 11am, right before it started raining. Did anyone see that 944 run? Check out the pics. Looks VERY strange, either he's spinning the alternator off the CV or the other way around. Am I missing a driveshaft?

Here's the link:

http://coewww.rutgers.edu/~yarin/4-22-06Hershey/

Leo Imperial
Yeah it rained, but it was worth it. I stuck around for the autox today and that made it all worth it. Here is a picture of another (non)member on the course. I think ApexEric was his name. Sorry if I got it wrong, but nice job driving in the wet.

Mike and Noel - thanks again
ScottB - Nice to meet you and your son.
TimT
either he's spinning the alternator off the CV

thats an old trick.. he should be usuing a teeny lil alternator though..
ajracer
"I confirm it was cold, wet and miserable, but the parts I scored made the trip worthwhile" MUST also agree with Michel !! biggrin.gif

My friend and I made the trip a day early in order to take in some of the Carlisle Spring Classic Car swap meet and auction. It was nice weather on Friday but the traffic on two lane roads in/out of Carlisle is WORSE than Hwy#401 in Toronto! It took us over one full hour just to get into the area, before walking a half mile to the gate. Crowds were large and lots of classic car parts and accessories, even scooped up some nice Porsche 914 literature (photos attached)

BUT Saturday was Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain and more Rain !!! Get the picture RAIN !
But like many others, us Porsche Lovers played in the rain like little kids trying to find that long lost toy or trinket. Some did and some didn't find what they came for; but we all got WET, soaked that is !

The DISAPPOINTING part was like many others on the 914Club, we never really ot to meet and greet and share our tales and stories that brought us all together in Hershey from this great 914 Forum, but maybe next time and in warmer, sunny place we will share the stories and excitement, along "show & tell" of the beauty of everyone's teener. This is really a great group; so pat yourselves on the back my friends; and thanks for all the wealth of information that is provided and discussed on the board. Kudo's to all the administrators and members alike.

Getting what you needed in Hershey was one thing, and getting a good price was another (maybe I'm just a cheap guy looking for deal) but the prices ranged from a steal on some items to: "What you want my first born and a 2nd. mortgage ?" Like others, deals were there but you had to move quick and work fast because some didn't last long ! I scooped some nice parts at great prices on some things but also paid too much on others, like my new fiberglass front 916 bumper. But with a V8 radiator up front and the time needed to modify a steel bumper I decided to spend the $ 175 and go for it.
Great deal on the special brake vent hose only $ 5 ! Even scored a complete early engine cover, which I bought only for the gold letters from a 914 member (priced too good to list) My friend purchased some of the great stuff that "Engman" produced and was really impressed. Did get a chance to also view a few of the vehicles but in the rain and with deals going fast many just went for the swap deals. Check out my photos. Even got a decent GT engine cover from my friends inventory upon returning to Toronto; seems he needed a rear sway bar I had laying around and not needed. Needs repainting along with car this winter but will do the cooling trick for now.

Looking to meeting some of you this summer and possible next year in Hershey !

Allan

plas76targa
Ejm - nice photo of the four of us (page 1). That's my phoenix red 914 next to you. but who's the other one with the gold wheels? A lime green teener pulled up in line with us just as I was leaving. Wilchek, was that you?

Leo - great photo at the autocross. that car looks almost like mine, and with steel wheels too!

Washington - No Virginia area: it's time for another breakfast or lunch! Some one make the plans!
apexeric
[quote name='plas76targa' date='Apr 23 2006, 05:02 PM' post='665930']
Ejm - nice photo of the four of us (page 1). That's my phoenix red 914 next to you. but who's the other one with the gold wheels? A lime green teener pulled up in line with us just as I was leaving. Wilchek, was that you?

Leo - great photo at the autocross. that car looks almost like mine, and with steel wheels too!

The orange 914 with the gold wheels is mine. It is also the same one that Leo posted. I chanced the wheels in the morning for the ax. Then had to change them back after the ax in the rain!

It was nice meeting Dr. Evil and Leo.

Eric
wilchek
ya, lime green (rivena green) was me. I was all motivated to get to Hershey on time but it just didn't happen until about 10. One of these days it will be nice enough for us to get together. I wanted to stay and get some drinks and food but the wife had enough by noontime when the rain got heavier and the wind kicked up. Oh ya and I forgot my umbrella HMM. Think only 364 more days until next year. I still think we had a great turn out of 914's. Of all the porsche models, they can never say that 914 owner are not diehard loyalists.
turboman808
only took a few pictures. Here are a few of them
turboman808
for you guys that simply must have porsche everything
turboman808
nice wagon
ws91420
We were there. Bought a Porsche sweatshirt to keep warm and somewhat dry.Met some of the guys around but would have liked to do something Sat night as a group, but we found a good resturant called Pavone's. Excellent food. A must go if you are in the area. Went back to the hotel room at the Econo Lodge and watched the rest of the NASCAR race.
SirAndy
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 23 2006, 09:21 PM) *

that 5 lug pattern on the front looks familiar ...
idea.gif Andy
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2006, 12:38 AM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 23 2006, 09:21 PM) *

that 5 lug pattern on the front looks familiar ...
idea.gif Andy

cool_shades.gif av-943.gif

Matt - when I got there I thought you had changed your mind. Erics car look just like yours at an ax. He does have a few "extras" when you get closer.
VaccaRabite
If the mart is going to be the last weekend in april next year, that would be awesom. it would mean I get to go.

My camping trip was totally soggy, but by the time I packed out sunday, the sun was up and everything was dry.

Zach
RON S.
What can I say tha tall the rest haven't already.

I drove 650 miles each way in the pouring @#sed rain just to spend less than 3 hours at a swap meet that all I bought was a single door panel.
Then, another 11 hours of solid driving in the pouring @#sed rain to get back home.

I sure was amazed at the gas prices.I drove my Geo metro,averaging about 48-50mpg,and it still cost me almost $100.00 in gas there and back. dry.gif dry.gif

I'm sure everyone else has a horror story on the fuel costs of this trip.

Ron
zymurgist
I thought I did OK for parts, although I was looking for tail dragger parts mostly. I scored a spacer for a short shifter for $15 and some horn grills new from Stoddard for $30 each. And then there's the MK Exhaust muffler that I committed to buy... they didn't have any at the show that would fit my car, but offered me one at the show price.

Changed my shoes and socks when I got back to the Mighty Dodge and all was right again.
djm914-6
I was set up next to the LN tent (thanks for the sweet key chains!). I set up before 7 and packed it in at noon. I met many members and fellow 914 owners but my piss poor mood kept me from remembering many. I felt bad for my boy so I bought him a toy (1/18 Cayman). I finally gave up when I couldn't let go of my tent with out it flying away. The sides kept blowing open and one actually kept pushing my table. Many of my shirts blew onto the ground and got slightly soiled enen after I clamped the hangers top the tent. The final straw was trying to talk with a potential customer and having the tent (sand bags and all) blow into the side of my wife's van. We spent the rest of the day in the hotel. My son really wanted to hit the pool so a few hours was spent there. We saw a bit of the AX sunday morning. The 7+ hour ride home was mostly in downpouring rain. Oh what fun!

This morning I awoke to swolen tonsals and little voice. My head hurts but not as bad as my wallet. I really wanted to make a go at this painting thing but I guess it's just not meant to be.

It was nice talking to Ed, Don, and many other. A HUGE thanks for my one customer of the day.
RON S.
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Apr 24 2006, 06:06 AM) *

I was set up next to the LN tent (thanks for the sweet key chains!). I set up before 7 and packed it in at noon. I met many members and fellow 914 owners but my piss poor mood kept me from remembering many. I felt bad for my boy so I bought him a toy (1/18 Cayman). I finally gave up when I couldn't let go of my tent with out it flying away. The sides kept blowing open and one actually kept pushing my table. Many of my shirts blew onto the ground and got slightly soiled enen after I clamped the hangers top the tent. The final straw was trying to talk with a potential customer and having the tent (sand bags and all) blow into the side of my wife's van. We spent the rest of the day in the hotel. My son really wanted to hit the pool so a few hours was spent there. We saw a bit of the AX sunday morning. The 7+ hour ride home was mostly in downpouring rain. Oh what fun!

This morning I awoke to swolen tonsals and little voice. My head hurts but not as bad as my wallet. I really wanted to make a go at this painting thing but I guess it's just not meant to be.

It was nice talking to Ed, Don, and many other. A HUGE thanks for my one customer of the day.

I saw you sitting there,and woulda said hello,but you didn't look like your were having that much fun mad.gif .I figured your day was already ruined,so it was best to just be left alone.

Ron
JerryP
Lucky for me Hershey is only about 90 minutes away. Much to my suprise, since I hastily finished putting the front end back together at 11:00pm on Friday, the 914 performed flawlessly...well almost.....

I've somehow accumulated 4 targa tops and I rarely use any of them so at about 5:45am I picked up a really dusty one whose seals looked great and had a nice tight fit. I asked myself "why haven't I been using this one". I left around 7 in the pouring rain but and all was well. At about 7:15 I took a took a hard left......"oh yeah, that's why".....as half a pint of water hit me right in the eyes. I almost got away without using any of the trunk full of emergency supplies, tools, cables etc. (How is it possible that do we not have a duct tape smilie?).

The sun sure would have been nice but all in all a pretty easy, fun ride. Met a few people and saw some cool cars. I even see my car in a few photos. I left at around 11:30, when the sky really opened up and vendors were packing up. Maybe too early but I thought sellers would be more desperate. Then again, I'm the world's worst haggler. When a guy asks $700 for a set of 2.0 fuchs with curb rash and no tires, I just laugh and go get a beer.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.