Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: installed new Brake Controller in the Tow vehicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
Today got done with my job, and got to work on a few items before they depart. My Truck is heading to Florida for 6 weeks with a trailer in tow. I decided it was time to upgrade my brake controller, I did some research and came up with this.Jordan Brake Controller.

Installed hope it works, will test with their trailer tomorrow.

So here we go step one install the cable mount on the brake pedal, yep it uses a physical attachment to measure brake application. Big plus when pulling in the mountains.

914forme
Next is the cable guide, thank you GM you gave me the perfect hole palcement predrilled.
914forme
Next mount the controller - it has two screws, had to drill the dash mad.gif

Tried to get it into one of the many pockets on the truck - could not because of cable routing.
914forme
Route the cables and plug in the factory wiring harness, all done.
TimT
Ive never seen that controller.

I have a Draw-tite controller plugged into a pigtail that Ford was nice enough to provide. Works well with my close to 10000# trailer
URY914
I have the trailer towing package on my Dodge and the wiring harness is prewired for after market brake controllers. Sweet!

Plug it in and go (I mean stop)
914forme
Hey Paul, I figured you did not need a set of trailer brakes for your trailer. I mean what can it weigh, you have probably lightened it also. av-943.gif
URY914
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 23 2006, 06:25 PM) *

Hey Paul, I figured you did not need a set of trailer brakes for your trailer. I mean what can it weigh, you have probably lightened it also. av-943.gif

My trailer is aluminum. happy11.gif w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.