Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area V8 Conversion (non-club) drive and meet this Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
neo914-6
Chris' and Harry's 500+ hp / ZF transaxle beasts are coming out to play. burnout.gif Tentative plans are to meet 8:00 AM in Milptas, chat, and drive to Dublin Hooters...

We need to plan a track day at ThunderHIll.

Post, PM, call, or email me by Friday...

bondo
Short notice!

Sorry, but I'll have to miss another one.. going to the R&G swap down south this weekend.

I'm determined to make it to one of these V8 meets SOMEDAY.. smile.gif
Andyrew
Too little notice.. dont think I can make it..
neo914-6
This invitation is for ANY Porsche conversion... drunk.gif
Aaron Cox
IDA's, Indy headers, and a ZF - whats not to like?

:drool:
Dr. Roger
gotta work sunday.... saturday is better.... =-) even then i'm having clutch disengagement issues... gotta yank the trans....
neo914-6
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 24 2006, 11:52 AM) *

He didn't end up with the Webers as much as he'd like to...
neo914-6
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 24 2006, 11:51 AM) *

Too little notice.. dont think I can make it..

Too little? my car isn't ready yet either. sad.gif

Next time, if there is one... smile.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 24 2006, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 24 2006, 11:52 AM) *

He didn't end up with the Webers as much as he'd like to...

Here you go...
Andyrew
To little notice for work.... I need at Least 2 weeks... and they laugh when I ask for weekends... I got a bad situation at work and im getting out.. (no store manager, one assistant, district manager running the store.. he could care less, people quiting.. we should have a store manager 2 asistants and 9 shift leaders.. we have 1 asistant and 6 shift.. 5 when I leave..)

I would go in a heartbeat... but I think I work till 3am that morning and work at 4pm that day...

Andrew
neo914-6
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 25 2006, 02:15 AM) *

To little notice for work.... I need at Least 2 weeks... and they laugh when I ask for weekends... I got a bad situation at work and im getting out.. (no store manager, one assistant, district manager running the store.. he could care less, people quiting.. we should have a store manager 2 asistants and 9 shift leaders.. we have 1 asistant and 6 shift.. 5 when I leave..)

I would go in a heartbeat... but I think I work till 3am that morning and work at 4pm that day...

Andrew

Don't you ever have an "eye" problem? Can't "see" going into work? laugh.gif

When I was your age I could get by with 4 hours sleep biggrin.gif
neo914-6
icon_bump.gif

BTW, a heavily modified GT40 replica may be joining as well as a new RENNTech Vette or Ferrari... rolleyes.gif
neo914-6
CAV, yes webers! happy11.gif
Andyrew
stop making me want to quit work!

Will they be at the track event? (the non 914 cars..)

Andrew
neo914-6
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 26 2006, 11:01 PM) *

stop making me want to quit work!

Will they be at the track event? (the non 914 cars..)

Andrew

aktion035.gif follow the moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey biggrin.gif

There's an outside chance the new owner of "peal" will show up. He traded Scott a 215 V8 914 and lots of cash for it...
turbo914v8
Hey Felix, when did Chris do that to his 914? It’s been some time since I have spoken to him. Wish I could come and play with you all.
Dr. Roger
Felix, do you know what transaxle that purdy Ford uses? =-)

Roger
neo914-6
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Apr 27 2006, 08:50 AM) *

Roger

I will by Sunday wink.gif

neo914-6
QUOTE(turbo914v8 @ Apr 27 2006, 08:22 AM) *

Hey Felix, when did Chris do that to his 914? It’s been some time since I have spoken to him. Wish I could come and play with you all.

He paid alot to a well known engine builder for his new engine. He added the cross over headers, jet coated, and just installed them. I think he also reducted his radiator exhaust through the hood like Bill's car...
turbo914v8
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 27 2006, 12:12 PM) *

He paid alot to a well known engine builder for his new engine. He added the cross over headers, jet coated, and just installed them. I think he also reducted his radiator exhaust through the hood like Bill's car...

WOW, thanks for the update. What is his HP output at now?
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 27 2006, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Apr 27 2006, 08:50 AM) *

Roger

I will by Sunday wink.gif

Looks like a Audi transaxle to me. I've seen 2 GT40 kit cars using audi boxes. Notice the angle the half shafts are running. I saw the new superorfance GT40 kit car this weekend. 70K for a rolling car with no transaxle or engine and looks like it worth every penny of it.

Bob
fiid
Not going to be able to make this meet, but are these generally V8 events, or can any non-porsche motors join?

neo914-6
QUOTE(fiid @ Apr 27 2006, 12:35 PM) *

Not going to be able to make this meet, but are these generally V8 events, or can any non-porsche motors join?

Fiid,

My intent is to organize all conversions, Porsche's V8's initially. The very first event had 944 V8's show up and the second included 911 V8's. Now that Subaru conversions have taken off and I have an Audi V6tt, we can share and support the transplant "madness" happy11.gif We have similar goals and challenges...
neo914-6
QUOTE(turbo914v8 @ Apr 27 2006, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 27 2006, 12:12 PM) *

WOW, thanks for the update. What is his HP output at now?

Paul,

He was supposed to dyno it last week but I doubt he did because Harry was going to meet him there and drop by my place afterwards...

I just tried to call him but his wife said he was in the middle of welder.gif
neo914-6
Last call, let me know if you're coming...

Tentative meet location is In-N-Out Burger in McCarthy Ranch at ~8:00. I was going to use my company's lot but the security is not too friendly. We even got hassled at the Great Mall once. confused24.gif

I'll confirm later today.
neo914-6
Meet: 8:00AM
Chat, check out the cars for an hour or so and burnout.gif
In-N-Out Burgers in Milpitas
If you're coming down from 880, make sure you take the Mcarthy exit AFTER 237 West.

*Destination: driving.gif
~11:00
Hooters

*Destination and route subject to change, leave your cell number if you plan on meeting us in Dublin.
neo914-6
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 24 2006, 11:51 AM) *

This invitation is for ANY Porsche conversion... drunk.gif

We'll probably have as many non-Porsche cars. What's up with that? confused24.gif laugh.gif
Andyrew
Sorry.. this one will just have to live without me...

take uber lots of pictures.. Especially of Chris's hood exhaust for the rad...

Andrew

On a side note, Im FINALLY finishing my drivers seat mout... after 3 days of working on it... (that looks about right, Dad come try it. Nope still to high.. grind grind, weld weld.. Hey dad! nope.. grind grind.. weld weld.... grrrrrr dad needs to be shorter.. or get a low cut racing helmet...)

Andyrew
Anyone back yet?

Pics!!!!

Yo Neccecito` Pics!
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
neo914-6
Not the CAV but the Ledger GT, a completely new tube chassis car "loosely" built on a Valryke? kit car.
neo914-6
Before you post puke smilies, the car has a 700hp prof built engine, cross over headers, ZF transaxle. Tube chassis was rebuilt 3 times, the recent one on jigs. Jeff did most of the chassis and body work himself...
neo914-6
Attention to detail was extreme and it lead his class at ThunderHill except for one outing with Elmer's Bauer built 914 V8...
neo914-6
Nick and his son came from SF smilie_pokal.gif

Chris' Beast seemed "tame" along Jeff's and Harry's rides if you can believe that. huh.gif
neo914-6
Dennis brought his 2 week old Z06 to show what modern technology compares with home built road and track cars...

Jeff has one too. They both had/have Cobra replicas too...

Nice 7L 500 hp dry sump aluminum engines and available for $13k to boot!
Andyrew
More pics.. more pics!!!

Andrew
neo914-6
Harry's purple Beast. He finally registered with the club as "Cali914" but has yet to post. He drove his cousin to build the "ultimate" 914 V8 (BTW apparently was one of Brad's V8 cars?).
neo914-6
On 680 to Dublin, they slowed down in a line and punched it. The sound of 3 of them were distinct and awesome. Sounded like "old" CAN AM race. biggrin.gif The only downside with the Vette is it's well (street) muffled.
neo914-6
ok, hard to take pics over 100MPH, so
neo914-6
waiting for Hooters to open...
Andyrew
How did chris' car sound with the new exhaust?
neo914-6
Where's Chris' 914???
neo914-6
Day was not over, we visited Kassabian Motors down the street, lots of classic rods. Their sales guys were impressed...
Dr. Roger
I would love to see a video of these 4 cars and a 50 MPH rolling start ...

Who would cross 120 MPH first? Chris's?

IPB Image
neo914-6
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 30 2006, 03:19 PM) *

How did chris' car sound with the new exhaust?

VRRRROOOOMMMM! laugh.gif

Jeff and Harry said he "needs" less restrictive mufflers...
Andyrew
The one second to the left... lol 700hp?

The real question is which one would sound the best!
neo914-6
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 30 2006, 03:33 PM) *

The one second to the left... lol 700hp?

The real question is which one would sound the best!

Jeff's car definately had the higher pitch so you can hear every shift and acceleration. He said the BMW and Miata's hates trailing him at the track because he's so loud. He doesn't hear much in the cabin. happy11.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Apr 30 2006, 03:33 PM) *

I would love to see a video of these 4 cars and a 50 MPH rolling start ...

Who would cross 120 MPH first? Chris's?

IPB Image

Only a day at the track will tell. They all have ZF's with the same gearing but Jeff may have the edge on hp and weight. That body is completely fiberglass. If Elmer ever get's his car running reliably it would be a cool race or comparison.
Andyrew
Sound anything like a Zonda or carrera gt? or any of those super cars?

Thats what im looking for...

Cool pics. Cool cars!

Andrew
Brent
Felix, sorry I didn't make it. The eye was acting up last night. any body had Pterygium surgery?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.