Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to repair rusty part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dralf
Perhaps one of you can point me in the right direction. I have a rusted DRIVERS side rear trailing arm suspension point. I have enclosed a pic of the triangle thing that needs replaced. The passenger side one was done some time ago by the PO. The body shop where I took it (Euro Classics – Dayton Ohio) indicated that perhaps the Dog Ears portion of this was also bad and should be replaced while he was at it.

I started to look for rust repair parts and can’t seem to find the parts I need. Perhaps the real technical names would help me locate these parts or can someone offer some help and warning as what to watch out for.

I will post some pictures of my car and its situation in the next few days.
sad.gif
Part Pricer

Take a look on the Restoration Design site

http://restoration-design.com/

They should have what you need.
balljoint
I think the only repair piece for the inside mount is for the passenger side, and I don't know if you can flip it around and use it, as it is not a symmetrical piece. Your best bet is a donor car. stan.gif

Oh and as I actually look at your picture I see it is the outer mounting point that you need. Start looking for a donor....
grasshopper
yep, you cant buy that piece. I have a donor car with a good drivers side one, but it might take a couple weeks to get it out...if you are interested... just be ready to find more rust underneath of it.... I have to replace the passenger side on my car, but I was able to put my hand IN it, and pull it off...yeah.. smile.gif
jonwatts
I have that part! Let me take a picture and post it here. Check back in about 10 minutes...

thx,

Jon
jonwatts
Here you go, let me know if you think this will work for you.

Jon

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dralf
smile.gif Jon I PMed you today for it looks like you have what I need.

Grasshopper, thanks for your response and I may need to take you up on your offer if once they start cutting and welding there is lots more rust.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.