Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Flapper Boxes varients
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
olav

I recently replaced my heater flapper boxes under the car on my heat exchangers.

My original boxes are ugly and rusted but they are different from the new ones that are supplied by, I think, the OEM.

The new ones have a solid air intake shield while the old factory original ones have a hole in the air intake shield.

Because of this difference I'm keeping the original ones because I don't want to throw anything away that might be important towards originality.

I'll have to post some pics to make it clear.

Does anyone think that this would be a big deal anyway?

That's the only reason why I'm keeping them.

If I see and early car with heater flapper boxes without holes in the air intake shield I'll know they have been replaced but that's ok with me...

Just checking with others who might know if this affects anything.
SirAndy
QUOTE(olav @ Apr 29 2006, 04:13 PM) *

i don't know if they are the same for the /6 and the /4 but i do know that EASY got at least one brand new one that still has the factory (!) sticker on it ...

would be interesting to see ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
olav
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 29 2006, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(olav @ Apr 29 2006, 04:13 PM) *

i don't know if they are the same for the /6 and the /4 but i do know that EASY got at least one brand new one that still has the factory (!) sticker on it ...

would be interesting to see ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

What's "EASY"?

rhodyguy
i just checked 2 that have a different shape to the top cover.

k
SirAndy
QUOTE(olav @ Apr 29 2006, 05:05 PM) *

What's "EASY"?

European Auto Salvage Yard
Porsche Parts and Accessories
4060 Harlan Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
tel.: 510 653-3279
olav
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 29 2006, 05:14 PM) *

What's "EASY"?

4060 Harlan Street
Emeryville, CA 94608

Thanks Andy! I'll phone them and ask them to describe it to me to find out.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(olav @ Apr 29 2006, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 29 2006, 05:14 PM) *

What's "EASY"?

4060 Harlan Street
Emeryville, CA 94608

Thanks Andy! I'll phone them and ask them to describe it to me to find out.

IIRC... the factory six had different heater control valves (the flapper box thingie) that had a hole in the end. I don't know what it was for, but I do know that Porsche discontinued them really early in the parts program and substituted the four cylinder ones as replacement parts.

Keep them.... they are factory original.

SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 30 2006, 11:32 AM) *

IIRC... the factory six had different heater control valves (the flapper box thingie) that had a hole in the end. I don't know what it was for, but I do know that Porsche discontinued them really early in the parts program and substituted the four cylinder ones as replacement parts.

ok, now we *need* pictures as i'm pretty sure my '70 /4 flappers have holes in them as well ...
idea.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 30 2006, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 30 2006, 11:32 AM) *

ok, now we *need* pictures as i'm pretty sure my '70 /4 flappers have holes in them as well ...
idea.gif Andy

The picts suck, but PET lists a different part numbers dependending on if it is a six or a four.

Six.

901-211-620-00 Left
901-211-610-00 Right

Four

022-256-205 B Left
022-250-206 B Right

I know LB's six had the boxes with the hole in them.

olav
Ok, I'll keep'em and restore them too.

Thanks Clay.
914runnow
QUOTE(olav @ Apr 29 2006, 03:13 PM) *

I recently replaced my heater flapper boxes under the car on my heat exchangers.

My original boxes are ugly and rusted but they are different from the new ones that are supplied by, I think, the OEM.

The new ones have a solid air intake shield while the old factory original ones have a hole in the air intake shield.

Because of this difference I'm keeping the original ones because I don't want to throw anything away that might be important towards originality.

If I see and early car with heater flapper boxes without holes in the air intake shield I'll know they have been replaced but that's ok with me...

Do you want the factory part #'s?????
Also there are only 13 pairs at Porsche in Germany..for the 4 cyl's
THEN THEY ARE GONE AND WE ARE STUCK WITH THE DANSK MODELS..
NOT AS GOOD!!
there are 28 or so of the one side for the six..
The other side uses the 4 cyl one....

914runnow
QUOTE(olav @ Apr 29 2006, 03:13 PM) *

Opppps saw that #'s were posted.........
Pat Garvey
This is one side of 2 that will go on my four banger as soon as I can turn a wrench. Exact replacement for my orginals, just less corroded.
SirAndy
btw. EASY still has a brand new one for the 914/6 !!!

factory sticker and all ...
shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.