Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PAIN IN THE!>......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Hey guys. I'm still trying to unstick all the stuck stuff on my teener that's been sitting for way too long. I've got everything except the front trunk. I know the cable's attached and everything. I think the latch is just seized up and I can't get to it from any other angle. Anyone got any suggestions on how to solve this. Feel free to include major disassembly, because I think that may be necessary. sawzall-smiley.gif
Mark D.
rhodyguy
are you saying you can't open the front trunk? or just a sticky cable?

k
gopack
All you need to do is take off the front bumper, (four bolts in the wheel wells, 2 on each side) and there is a nice hole that the factory provided that will let you release the trunk latch with a screwdriver.
rhodyguy
i had a latch problem at the wcc05. after i had removed the bumper i discovered someone had previously drilled a hole in the bumper in exactly the right spot. look behind the license plate before you pull the bumper.

k
BMXerror
There is no front licence plate, so no luck there. However, taking the bumper off is less work than I was prepared for. Thanks guys. I couldn't get into the rear either because someone converted it to a servo activated latch and the battery was dead. I couldn't change the battery because the engine lid latch was frozen up. I had to figure out how the latch worked by staring through the crack between the trunk and the engine lid for about an hour, and then minipulate it with a bent screwdriver. I was victorious. piratenanner.gif Thanks again.
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.