Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
So from doing a search it seems that the Mallory 4060fi is the prefered pump for aftermarket replacement. Just a few questions though.

Do I have to move the pump to the front if I use this one?

If I move it to the front where should I put it. Logic says right under the tank.

For those that have relocated it. What did you do about wiring? Run wires inside cockpit or what.

Should I put in dual filters. One before the pump and then one after.

Thanks as usual.
rhodyguy
filter before the pump to keep the crap out of it.

k
tdgray
Yepper... what about everything else.

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller
tdgray
icon_bump.gif for the left coasters opinions

I want to go get this thing after work (yes Summit Racing is right around the corner from me... anybody need anything biggrin.gif )

Need opinions before then.

Thanks.
Mueller
from what I've read....fuel pumps are better "pushers" than "suckers", so mounted up front near the tank is best....

mine is currently mounted in the front trunk (I have the MSD pump which Jake hates smile.gif ) ...it looks very close to the '75/'76 stock pump....

2 filters, one pre-pump and one post pump....

according to James M, the closer the power source relay and fuse to the component the better...

2-OH!
Todd:

Do you use FI or Carbs....

2-OH!
tdgray
Standard 1.7 FI engine- totally stock.

Thanks M... thats what I was thinking...I just hate to get involved in moving everything. I got a nice mount back there and I cut all the lines for teh stock unit.

Oh well such is life sad2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.