QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 2 2006, 06:56 AM) *

And this set is for Toast.

Eh...white man take scalp..... biggrin.gif
maf914
Thanks for a great thread Leo! smilie_pokal.gif

914 RIP! sad.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Leo,
Great thread! Better than watching stoopid TV. Besides the bittersweet ending with the last, heart-tugging, sad photograph, I was riveted by the unfolding drama of who(or in this case, what), would get out(alive). We were all pulling for someone(or something). "Come on 914 emblem, leave now! Can the rear bumper top make it out in time? unsure.gif Calipers! Any survivors? Taillight lenses...hurry boldblue.gif CV joints? No joy sad.gif

Kinda like a mini-documentary. "Death comes to a 'teener". I'll nominate it for an Oscar, err, a "Butzi". Thanks for the entertainment, I enjoyed it, sorta like watching the Titanic goin' down. You just know what's coming, but you're hoping for the best knowing what the ultimate outcome will be! popcorn[1].gif
Leo Imperial
Thanks for the rave reviews.

The up side is that all of the feeder yards will be contacting me everytime a Porsche comes in, prior to crushing. The Titanic did not have to go down, it could have been prevented.

Look for my next Thread "Death of a 911 a Frankinstien Story"
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif

I just had to bump this thread. I nominate this for classic status!
popcorn[1].gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ May 1 2006, 09:28 AM) *

It was just a week ago and I was joking about this possibility.

this is a very bad picture. On the Ford GT forum, we are not allowed to post pictures of wrecked GTs
VaccaRabite
I see I was not the only one thinking of this thread today.

Zach
Jake Raby
Never fear.. You can buy it's remains in a few weeks as an internal engine component from China.
jsayre914
i loved the thread,

thanks leo drunk.gif
SGB
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 3 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Never fear.. You can buy it's remains in a few weeks as an internal engine component from China.

lol-2.gif
bandjoey
VOTE for Classic Thread. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Wow, this was a blast from the past.
Leo Imperial
WOW!

I never expected to see this bumped up today. I've been MIA for a long time, so it's pretty funny to see.

beerchug.gif
jimtab
Absolutely a classic....no doubt.
championgt1
agree.gif First time I have read it.
914Mike
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:55 PM) *

Me too. If it was still happening, I would be the one asking for the key and ignition switch. My '71 is getting real hard to turn, and the lock cylinder comes out with the key... Sad to see pics like that, but I've stripped my share at Pick-N-Pull over the years. Always try to keep the Karmann plate, myself.
SLITS
QUOTE(Mike914 @ Dec 3 2009, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:55 PM) *

Me too. If it was still happening, I would be the one asking for the key and ignition switch. My '71 is getting real hard to turn, and the lock cylinder comes out with the key... Sad to see pics like that, but I've stripped my share at Pick-N-Pull over the years. Always try to keep the Karmann plate, myself.

I'll look as I think I may have an early ignition switch. Now whether it has the key or not is another question. Send me a PM with an addy.

Oh BTW, Toast has Euro lenses on her car biggrin.gif
naro914
I have an ingition switch with key. Just took it out of Papa Smurf yesterday, going with a push button start. It's actually pretty new - was replaced about 10 years ago.

But this is the first time I've seen this thread. It was like a mystery novel - you know how it ends - though this time the good guy (the car) did not get the girl and was killed - but it was the journey to the end that was interesting. Sad, but interesting.

I have to confess...I sent two 914 chassis to the crusher, but not before stripping all the parts, and using much of their chassis metal to rebuild Huey from the Targa wreck. They still live on in many ways...
Mr.242

New guy here....1st view of this thread.

I laughed, I cried, and I want a sequel!

Let a 914 rise from the mass of metal and return to get the GIRL!

beerchug.gif
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Dec 4 2009, 07:49 AM) *

New guy here....1st view of this thread.

I laughed, I cried, and I want a sequel!

Let a 914 rise from the mass of metal and return to get the GIRL!

beerchug.gif

That was an epic adventure of a girl from Germany, lived her life far away from home, Now dead but never forgotted thanks to bunch of secret admirers.

Well done
SW
HAM Inc
The 914's were probably originally made from recycled NSU steel, so the circle of life continues!
It's a shame the crank case wasn't saved. Those early cases are my favorite!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.