Pages: 1, 2
grasshopper
it is a 110V
bd1308
okay.

b
dwillouby
Britt,

If I can help let me know. I can bring a welder, grinders, sawsall,cutters,ect.
I did a lot of rust repair on my car. Lots of fun. smile.gif

David
bd1308
Thanks David!

sounds like fun wacko.gif

b
grasshopper
hhmm...I'll go out and start making patch panels tommorrow(yawn) Having a welder local would really help. It is a mig right?? are you using flux wire or gas?? If you can help, that would be great!
bd1308
I also have a welder on loan anytime I need it, It's a MIG gas welder, lincoln I think and the welder I am goign to buy when I get the dough. If I get a welder the car will NOT be the last thing I will fix.

b
grasshopper
just to show how easy it is to remove all of the interior. 30 minutes in 100 degree weather. I am changing the carpet so I decided to take some pics of how quick it was.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
grasshopper
whoops, no before pic
Click to view attachment
dwillouby
My welder is a Lincoln 110v mig. its set up for flux core right now. I might add the gas parts this week. Sounds like we are set on welders. I think what we need is time. We should drop the engine to access everything. I think a few of us can get this done and not get in each others way. Britt can the car be down for a while as we do this?

David
robby750
You can't do it next weekend. He has to drive it to Lexington.
grasshopper
we were talking about doing this on either the first or second week in June...
grasshopper
ok, I dont think you will need the rear floor pan after all... (saves you from dealing with AA) I saw Fitsbain's thread, and it made more sense to just do it like this. Does your floor look like this, or is it worse? I can make exact copies of my floors and firewall. Here are some pics of Fitsbain's restoration
Click to view attachment
grasshopper
and finished
Click to view attachment
bd1308
so now we are just fabbing parts?

The only thing I would need to purchase would be the doughnut part right?

The car can be down for as long as it needs to be down.

I have several 110 outlets around the house...In the garage there are two outlets, plus more via extensions if need be....You all know what you're looking for, we'll work it out.

I'll start saving then smile.gif

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.