Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody ever seen a 901 tranny do this before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanc
More transmission troubles occurred for me a couple of weekends ago....

A different transmission from this one, but same car....

I downshifted into 2nd for a corner, felt weird, but got it in gear, then third, then downshift for a chicane. kablamo!

Took it apart tonight and found....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

case is cracked, top, side and bottom....
Click to view attachment

rick 918-S
Don't think you'll buff that one out...
brant
oh crap...
I'm sorry Bryan

john rogers
What engine do you run? There were several failures of the R&P and such when HSR WEst started the 2L vintage series and the engines were revving pretty high. This was cured by using a lube pump and cooler and in the last several years I haven't heard of any?
brant
QUOTE(john rogers @ May 4 2006, 08:07 AM) *

What engine do you run? There were several failures of the R&P and such when HSR WEst started the 2L vintage series and the engines were revving pretty high. This was cured by using a lube pump and cooler and in the last several years I haven't heard of any?

my recollection (knew the seller)
Its a PCA GT-5 engine built with GE80's I believe and likely around 220hp.
gregrobbins
No problems Bryan, a little JP Weld and you will be good to go. biggrin.gif
John
'Tis just a scratch....

Shouldn't that be covered under warranty? av-943.gif
LvSteveH
Shift Smooooooooother wink.gif
Aaron Cox
CaRnAgE chowtime.gif
bryanc

It wasn't a R&P failure, but I think the rebuild is going to include a tranny cooler. Who makes those?
bryanc
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ May 4 2006, 11:07 AM) *

Shift Smooooooooother wink.gif

That's the goal. I've been having "issues" with my heel-toe technique. The engine drops revs so fast that it's really somewhat pointless. The 'flywheel' is ultralight and the car has a tilton clutch with almost no mass--fast, but not smooth.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(bryanc @ May 4 2006, 01:14 PM) *

It wasn't a R&P failure, but I think the rebuild is going to include a tranny cooler. Who makes those?

MoCaL makes a tranny pump as seen at racerpartswholesale.com. (electric)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.